How is Egypt (Kemet, the Black land, descendants of Kush, located in Africa)...

MaalikMaalik Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Not considered an African Country? Regardless of which ethnicity/religious group populates the country today, 3000 years ago, before any settlers from Greece, Rome or the Middle East breached the city's walls, while it was a thriving civilization it was a Black city. I dont understand the argument...
«134

Replies

  • CainCain Admin, Moderator, old.me.is no more Cyttorax DimensionPosts: 30,042 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    There is no argument. They decided calling themselves part of the Middle East completely distancing themselves from Africa. Population is 50/50 Muslim to African but you dont see any "blacks" do you?
  • MaalikMaalik Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Cain_Marko wrote: »
    There is no argument. They decided calling themselves part of the Middle East completely distancing themselves from Africa. Population is 50/50 Muslim to African but you dont see any "blacks" do you?


    1410: North America belonged to Native Americans

    That was 600 years ago...so you could see how one would say, Egypt may have been VASTLY different 3 thousand years ago. Im not speaking on what Egypt considers themselves today....they're culturally an arab nation, especially after centuries of racial mixing. I'm speaking on Philosophers who debate whether or not Ancient Egypt was a black civilization, when millions of signs point to it.
  • CainCain Admin, Moderator, old.me.is no more Cyttorax DimensionPosts: 30,042 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    Maalik wrote: »
    1410: North America belonged to Native Americans

    That was 600 years ago...so you could see how one would say, Egypt may have been VASTLY different 3 thousand years ago. Im not speaking on what Egypt considers themselves today....they're culturally an arab nation, especially after centuries of racial mixing. I'm speaking on Philosophers who debate whether or not Ancient Egypt was a black civilization, when millions of signs point to it.

    Oh my bad. To me the answer is they dont wanna give Africans the credit they deserve
  • MaalikMaalik Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Cain_Marko wrote: »
    Oh my bad. To me the answer is they dont wanna give Africans the credit they deserve

    Its crazy. In 50 years, America's largest racial group will be hispanics. I guess in 3000 years, philosophers will write that the United States was founded by them...
  • Disciplined InSightDisciplined InSight The Clairvoyant One.... Posts: 12,966 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Cain_Marko wrote: »
    Oh my bad. To me the answer is they dont wanna give Africans the credit they deserve

    Exactly the point.
  • earth two supermanearth two superman ladies please dont fight. E2S is here all night! Posts: 16,308 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    ive always considered it an african country
  • bless the childbless the child Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Africans need to run them Arabs the fuck up outta there with that bullshit. How can you claim a land where you cant even go outside without covering your entire body to prevent triple degree sunburn.
  • KTULU IS BACKKTULU IS BACK Posts: 6,617
    edited February 2011
    its been controlled by the arabs for more than a thousand years

    before that, it was controlled by the romans

    before that, the greeks

    before that, the persians




    and waaaaaaaay long ago, it was controlled by the egyptians, who depicted themselves as being considerably LIGHTER than their neighbors to the south

    to say egypt was "black" is not honest

    commence feelings catching
  • Plop StarPlop Star Posts: 8,833 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    i didnt even kno egypt was in afirca till about the eleventh grade, and of course they were black....if its in africa, its black to me
  • MaalikMaalik Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    its been controlled by the arabs for more than a thousand years

    before that, it was controlled by the romans

    before that, the greeks

    before that, the persians




    and waaaaaaaay long ago, it was controlled by the egyptians, who depicted themselves as being considerably LIGHTER than their neighbors to the south

    to say egypt was "black" is not honest

    commence feelings catching

    Okay....you speaking that bullshit.

    By the time Egypt was conquered by anyone, it far AFTER its prominence. The high point of Egypt's history was titled as the Kingdom dynasty (The Old Kingdom, Middle Kingdom & New Kingdom)...which lasted from 2600 B.C. until about 1258 B.C after Ramses death.

    The Palestians & Assyrians took control of Egypt shortly after (1260 B.C.), who lost control to the Persians, who lost control to Alexander The Great & the Greeks who eventually lost control to the Roman Empire in 30 B.C.

    So to clear shit up for the misinformed, the Romans & the Greeks had no business in Ancient Egypt for 1400 years. The period most philosophers salivate over, The Kingdom Period, Ancient Egypt was untapped & secluded from outsiders.


    Ancient Egyptians were descendants of Ancient Kushites & Nubians. The name Egypt translate to Kemet/Land of Ham (one of Noah's 3 sons). This translates to "Black Land". Historians over the years have "attempted" to state that "Black Land' is meant to describe the dark soil in the Nile Valley & not the color of the natives....which is bullshit.

    There is nothing arabic about this shit...


    Menkaura-ColossalStatue_MuseumOfFineArtsBoston.png
    marriage.jpg
    Ancient-Egypt-make-up1.jpg
    tutankhamun.jpg

    Saying someone isn't African because there skin is of a lighter tone....is probably the most retarded thing I've ever heard. All across the Africa Diaspora, skin colors vary. A native from Niger looks completely different than a native from Eritrea. Egyptians were most likely of lighter complexion due to being located above the Sub-Sahara...not due to not being African. No other civilization invaded Egypt until 1260 B.C., Egypt has roots back to 9000 B.C., it was a black civilization. Modern science just has a problem admitting that alot of today's marvels were discovered by one.
  • KTULU IS BACKKTULU IS BACK Posts: 6,617
    edited February 2011
    I didn't say they're not African.

    I said they're not "black."

    But more importantly, Egypt was a shitty place to live for those thousands of years the pharaohs ruled. If you were born a slave, you would die a slave. Less than 10% of the population was taught how to read. The average life expectancy was less than 30 years.

    And if you didn't like the way the gubment was running things? Too bad.

    Living in America >>>>>>>>>>>> Living in ancient Egypt
  • MaalikMaalik Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    I didn't say they're not African.

    I said they're not "black."


    But more importantly, Egypt was a shitty place to live for those thousands of years the pharaohs ruled. If you were born a slave, you would die a slave. Less than 10% of the population was taught how to read. The average life expectancy was less than 30 years.

    And if you didn't like the way the gubment was running things? Too bad.

    Living in America >>>>>>>>>>>> Living in ancient Egypt

    Then you are misinformed & ignorant.

    Egypt means land of Black. Step your knowledge game up. If imperialism & racial mixing wasn't prevalent until 2000 years ago & Egypt has roots back to 11000 years ago....how was Egypt not a Black nation. That's a 9000 year period where no one interfered. Who would've founded it besides Blacks? And if it was a group other than the Kushites & Nubians, why would they call it Kemet?
  • KTULU IS BACKKTULU IS BACK Posts: 6,617
    edited February 2011
    Kemet means "black soil" and refers to the flood plain of the Nile. It doesn't mean "black people."

    The only people who believe that are Afrocentric internet conspiracy theorists who "research" by watching Youtubes all day.
  • MaalikMaalik Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Kemet means "black soil" and refers to the flood plain of the Nile. It doesn't mean "black people."

    The only people who believe that are Afrocentric internet conspiracy theorists who "research" by watching Youtubes all day.

    It means land of black, which is ambiguous.

    Kemet is also another name for Ham, one of Noah's sons.

    Bigoted theorists "decided" Kemet meant Black soil, as if they had the evidence to know what individuals 11000 years ago truly meant by it. Ancient Egyptians are descendants of Cushites. Why would Cushites (i.e. black skinned people) settle in Egypt (i.e. Africa) & name their country land of black if it wasn't mean to describe them as a people. Too many references to be a coincidence.
  • KTULU IS BACKKTULU IS BACK Posts: 6,617
    edited February 2011
    ham and noah didn't exist, they're fictional characters

    lol if that's really the basis of your belief

    and kemet does indeed literally refer to the land itself
  • Disciplined InSightDisciplined InSight The Clairvoyant One.... Posts: 12,966 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    ham and noah didn't exist, they're fictional characters

    lol if that's really the basis of your belief

    and kemet does indeed literally refer to the land itself

    You're atheist so course you wouldn't believe it.
  • KTULU IS BACKKTULU IS BACK Posts: 6,617
    edited February 2011
    You're atheist so course you wouldn't believe it.

    there's no reason to believe it
  • Disciplined InSightDisciplined InSight The Clairvoyant One.... Posts: 12,966 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    there's no reason to believe it

    Of course that's your stance. You believe in NOTHING.
  • Disciplined InSightDisciplined InSight The Clairvoyant One.... Posts: 12,966 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Maalik wrote: »
    Okay....you speaking that bullshit.

    By the time Egypt was conquered by anyone, it far AFTER its prominence. The high point of Egypt's history was titled as the Kingdom dynasty (The Old Kingdom, Middle Kingdom & New Kingdom)...which lasted from 2600 B.C. until about 1258 B.C after Ramses death.

    The Palestians & Assyrians took control of Egypt shortly after (1260 B.C.), who lost control to the Persians, who lost control to Alexander The Great & the Greeks who eventually lost control to the Roman Empire in 30 B.C.

    So to clear shit up for the misinformed, the Romans & the Greeks had no business in Ancient Egypt for 1400 years. The period most philosophers salivate over, The Kingdom Period, Ancient Egypt was untapped & secluded from outsiders.


    Ancient Egyptians were descendants of Ancient Kushites & Nubians. The name Egypt translate to Kemet/Land of Ham (one of Noah's 3 sons). This translates to "Black Land". Historians over the years have "attempted" to state that "Black Land' is meant to describe the dark soil in the Nile Valley & not the color of the natives....which is bullshit.

    There is nothing arabic about this shit...


    Menkaura-ColossalStatue_MuseumOfFineArtsBoston.png
    marriage.jpg
    Ancient-Egypt-make-up1.jpg
    tutankhamun.jpg

    Saying someone isn't African because there skin is of a lighter tone....is probably the most retarded thing I've ever heard. All across the Africa Diaspora, skin colors vary. A native from Niger looks completely different than a native from Eritrea. Egyptians were most likely of lighter complexion due to being located above the Sub-Sahara...not due to not being African. No other civilization invaded Egypt until 1260 B.C., Egypt has roots back to 9000 B.C., it was a black civilization. Modern science just has a problem admitting that alot of today's marvels were discovered by one.

    Modern science that's headed by WHITES.
  • KTULU IS BACKKTULU IS BACK Posts: 6,617
    edited February 2011
    Of course that's your stance. You believe in NOTHING.

    i believe in what's supported by evidence and logic

    i dont believe in magic and fairy tales
  • Disciplined InSightDisciplined InSight The Clairvoyant One.... Posts: 12,966 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    i believe in what's supported by evidence and logic

    i dont believe in magic and fairy tales

    The world was all of a sudden came from NOTHING. That's your evidence and logic.
  • KTULU IS BACKKTULU IS BACK Posts: 6,617
    edited February 2011
    The world was all of a sudden came from NOTHING. That's your evidence and logic.

    thats not even close to how the naturalistic explanation of the origin of the cosmos works

    read a brief history of time, its easy enough for laymen
  • allreasoned_outallreasoned_out Posts: 2,697 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    I don't understand why some blacks will vigorously debate, at great length, whether Egypt was a black country in its heyday, but won't encourage each other to hit the books today.

    Let's make black history now.
  • MaalikMaalik Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    I don't understand why some blacks will vigorously debate, at great length, whether Egypt was a black country in its heyday, but won't encourage each other to hit the books today.

    Let's make black history now.

    Completely irrelevant to the discussion. I agree but...that's another topic for another day.
  • Sovo_NahSovo_Nah Posts: 2,216
    edited February 2011
    The a-rabs moved in, wanted to claim the fame, and whoop; there it is.

    /thread

    never let anyone tell you that the a-rabs are real the Egyptians.
«134
This discussion has been closed.