I will never respect Jon "Bones" Jones!!!

KINGOFDAARCADEKINGOFDAARCADE Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2009/12/04/jon-jones-i-was-always-the-kid-that-snitched/

jon jonesAs the just twenty-two year old Jon Jones prepares for the biggest bout of his professional fighting career this Saturday evening during “The Ultimate Fighter 10 Finale”, he may have just unknowingly created a whole new legion of Matt Hamill fans that have never existed before. Most notably anyone that has felt the sting of a snitch at any point during their career of doing bad.

A self-described “sheltered” and “never popular” child growing up, Jones was never the one looking to cause trouble during his years spent in grade school.

“As a kid I was never popular,” admitted “Bones” in a recent conversation with Sherdog.com. “I was always kind of just nice to everyone. I don’t know. It was always about me and my brothers growing up.

“My parents kept us pretty sheltered. We were never allowed to spend the night at our friends’ house, not once. We were always taught to take care of our family and do the right things.”

In Jones eyes, doing the right thing definitely included spilling the beans anytime he witnessed anything he judged to be wrong as an adolescent.

“I’ve always been a person who tries to do the right thing in life, for the most part,” said Jones. “I’m no angel, but I was always the kid who snitched on the kids who had pot. I don’t want to offend the pot smokers out there, but I was kind of just a snitch. I was just down for people doing the right thing. My parents kind of raised me to be a good guy. I’ve always been down for the good side, I guess.”

Replies

This discussion has been closed.