Ladies... How well can you defend yourself? Physically.

The DiddlerThe Diddler Posts: 17,336 ✭✭✭
edited May 2011 in The Powder Room
I don't want to hear any of that ghetto-bird over confidence. I want to hear the truth.

Do you have the bare minimum?

Any form of measurable strength.
Do you honestly know how to throw an effective punch, Knee or Kick?
What about your elbows?
Knife training?
Stick fighting?
Boxing?
Do you carry yourself like a potential target or victim?
And more importantly, do you have faith in your abilities?

No?

Then what the hell is stopping you?

You all need to be ready and willing to do what you have to do to protect yourself and your kids.
I know alot of you are single or single with child can you protect them?

It's time for alot of you to stop putting so much faith in that Louisville Slugger thats behind your front door. 9/10 times your attacker can see you reaching for it and bust through the door knocking you down and away from said bat. Then what? your on your back looking at some nigga with bad intentions.

Time to get your heads out of your asses and realize that the world for the most part is evil and we as humans will take advantage of each other the first chance we get.

So now I ask you, how strong is your will to live?
How strong is you will to protect your children?

Saying and doing are two different things.
A wise man once said, "All Your Plans Go Out The Window Once You've Been Punched In The Face."

Replies

• 1of11of1 Posts: 37,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Lol. Answer this question right and The Jamel Is coming for that ass.
    BARON_$AMEDI
  • Yummy.LixYummy.Lix Posts: 1,398
    edited April 2011
    What about our elbows..? lol

& I've never been in a fight before so idk my measurable strength. But if
    I was attacked I would do something other than just stand there even if I
    do get my asz beat in the processs :l I HATE blood so no knife/gun training
    over here.I'm going to have to get my daddy to buy me some key chain mase
    like he did for my sister.
    Young-Ice
  • KaiKai evil nerd bitch from hell Posts: 21,446 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    i used to get into a lot of fights in middle school, usually with boys (fought my bro's fights for him). but i haven't been in a fight since. i have a green belt in karate, but i'm pretty small and while i think i'm strong for my size, don't think i'm that strong. i'm a pretty good shot though, and have a permit but i'm not usually carrying
  • The DiddlerThe Diddler Posts: 17,336 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Yummy.Lix wrote: »
    What about our elbows..? lol

& I've never been in a fight before so idk my measurable strength. But if
    I was attacked I would do something other than just stand there even if I
    do get my asz beat in the processs :l I HATE blood so no knife/gun training
    over here.I'm going to have to get my daddy to buy me some key chain mase
    like he did for my sister.

your elbows are harder then your fist. and they cut skin like a hot knife thru butter.

You realize your body becomes resistant to mace right?

you need to give yourself more options.

You sound like a potential victim.
    edited April 2011
    kai_valya wrote: »
    i used to get into a lot of fights in middle school, usually with boys (fought my bro's fights for him). but i haven't been in a fight since. i have a green belt in karate, but i'm pretty small and while i think i'm strong for my size, don't think i'm that strong. i'm a pretty good shot though, and have a permit but i'm not usually carrying

what form of Karate? full contact or Point system?
  • KaiKai evil nerd bitch from hell Posts: 21,446 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    The Jamel wrote: »
    what form of Karate? full contact or Point system?

isshinryu karate (sp?). if i remember correctly it was light/semi-contact. i haven't practiced in years tho
    edited April 2011
    isshinryu karate (sp?). if i remember correctly it was light/semi-contact. i haven't practiced in years tho

bout as effective as tae kwon do.

you already have the base, find a kyokushin karate dojo and learn how to actually hurt some one when you hit them.

their parrys and angles are amazing and have real world application.
  • Yummy.LixYummy.Lix Posts: 1,398
    edited April 2011
    your elbows are harder then your fist. and they cut skin like a hot knife thru butter.

You realize your body becomes resistant to mace right?

you need to give yourself more options.

You sound like a potential victim.

Thanks lol SMH! But I agree,I do need some type of defense method.I get kind of
    paranoid when I'm alone.I always think what would I do if someone someone cut
    the power cord to my house phone & broke into my house while I was alone...
    edited April 2011
    Yummy.Lix wrote: »
    Thanks lol SMH! But I agree,I do need some type of defense method.I get kind of
    paranoid when I'm alone.I always think what would I do if someone someone cut
    the power cord to my house phone & broke into my house while I was alone...

if you are that scared of guns, then get a shotgun and load it with bean bags.
    i've been hit with Bean Bags, Rubber Bullets, mace, pepper spray/foam, stungun and tazer.

The worst was the bean bags, they have tremendous stopping power.

One broke my plate in my vest.
    edited April 2011
    I apologize if i may seem harsh with my words, or if i seem too blunt.

But i give the same speech to new members that participate in my rape prevention classes.
    It's harsh, its cold, it's shocking, but it's the truth.
  • DEE-LICIOUSDEE-LICIOUS Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011

Ayeeeee I have a green belt too! In Tae Kwon Do :)

However, I can't defend myself. I already know this....I haven't even attempted to fight someone in yearsssssssssssss and I ain't been in karate since I was like 11 or 12...some ish like that. so. nope.

What should I do? Who gone teach me how to have a knife fight?
  • kat2180kat2180 Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Umm..I know I'm not ready. I've never even been in a fistfight. :(
  • riddlerapriddlerap G Unit 4 Life 50's MansionPosts: 14,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    tongue kissing my techs.
  • kat2180kat2180 Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    Kat you're 6'5 ...ain't no dude trying to attack you

lol..I'm 5'11!

But yeah I think my size is a good deterrent for both men and women. Nobody ever tries to fuck with me.:(
  • J-GUTTAJ-GUTTA Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011

What should I do? Who gone teach me how to have a knife fight?

How have you dated Latin men and none have taught you how to properly stab someone yo? Stab, twist, and turn up!

*O-Dog voice*
    shiit aint that haard
  • riddlerapriddlerap G Unit 4 Life 50's MansionPosts: 14,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    i never been in a fight
  • blackrainblackrain Posts: 19,001 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    I don't want to hear any of that ghetto-bird over confidence. I want to hear the truth.

Do you have the bare minimum?

Do you honestly know how to throw an effective punch, Knee or Kick?
    What about your elbows?
    Knife training?
    Stick fighting?
    Boxing?
    Do you carry yourself like a potential target or victim?
    And more importantly, do you have faith in your abilities?

No?

You all need to be ready and willing to do what you have to do to protect yourself and your kids.

It's time for alot of you to stop putting so much faith in that Louisville Slugger thats behind your front door. 9/10 times your attacker can see you reaching for it and bust through the door knocking you down and away from said bat. Then what? your on your back looking at some nigga with bad intentions.

Time to get your heads out of your asses and realize that the world for the most part is evil and we as humans will take advantage of each other the first chance we get.

So now I ask you, how strong is your will to live?
    How strong is you will to protect your children?

A wise man once said, "All Your Plans Go Out The Window Once You've Been Punched In The Face."

that shit is funny but so damn true...i know alot of females who think keeping a bat by the door or by their bed is protection...only way you can surprise somebody w/ a bat is if you sneak up behind them
    edited April 2011
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    How have you dated Latin men and none have taught you how to properly stab someone yo? Stab, twist, and turn up!

*O-Dog voice*
    shiit aint that haard

lmao I've actually never been taught how to stab. I used to be nice wit a razor though...used to hold em in my mouth to get in the club and ish rofl...havent done that in yrs though so I would prolly cut myself now :-/
  • blackrainblackrain Posts: 19,001 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    lmao I've actually never been taught how to stab. I used to be nice wit a razor though...used to hold em in my mouth to get in the club and ish rofl...havent done that in yrs though so I would prolly cut myself now :-/

*smh...you fucking w/ the wrong ones...my dad taught me how to use a blade and machete when i was like 8...i keep one in my closet lol
    edited April 2011
    blackrain wrote: »
    *smh...you fucking w/ the wrong ones...my dad taught me how to use a blade and machete when i was like 8...i keep one in my closet lol

Welp, sounds like you'll be teaching me how to use both. I'll come to your house for the machete lessons
  • J-GUTTAJ-GUTTA Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011

I know I can still hold that ox.

9bd8bf195c2c262932d91875020bc935-1.gif?t=1303913878
  • PicoPico FREE MEXIMAX RIGHT FUCKIN NOW!! NEG REACTION CREW Posts: 34,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011

Do you have the bare minimum? yes

Do you honestly know how to throw an effective punch, Knee or Kick? yes
    What about your elbows? yes
    Knife training?no
    Stick fighting?no but i wish
    Boxing?no boxing but im learing muay tai
    Do you carry yourself like a potential target or victim?no
    And more importantly, do you have faith in your abilities?yes

No?

So now I ask you, how strong is your will to live?honestly not strong,id kill myself before i ket someone else kill me tho
    How strong is you will to protect your children?aint got none

• bankrupt ballerbankrupt baller Posts: 12,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    tyson is a wise man
  • MsSouthernMsSouthern Posts: 15,987 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    I've been in 2 fights

one I slapped a bitch and all she did was cry
    the other was at a Ludacris concert... this big bitch stepped on my toes and when I said something she pushed me in the chest.... so I punched her in the jaw... again same thing... she ran off crying

I took Tae Kwon Do in highschool... I think I am an orange or yellow belt ??? I did chop a 1 inch board in half with my bare hand :)

I've also taken a self defense class not too long ago. I know I can flip a 180 lb man if he grabs me from behind. I also know that if I was attacked I would eat grass or even pee on myself if it made the attacker think I was crazy and back off.

I don't consider myself a fighter... I never go looking for trouble either. But I will go down swinging if I need to. I have a fear of guns ... so I keep a Louieville slugger next to my bed in case someone breaks in.

When it comes to my son... I'd do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to protect him.
    SionSlickestR
    edited April 2011
    okay first of all.

These basball bats that you all rely on so much, are more of a burden then anything.

Think about it, you swing you miss, it will take about 2-3 seconds for you to be able to get back into position to seing again, giving your would be attacker enough time to get a hold of you. get spring type extend-able baton.
    you can swing it with one hand, if you miss it takes less time to recover your balance or stance.
    if you land a shot you can hold it and the spring baton will continue to bounce off him.
    432953_090101135839_Expandable_Spring_Baton.jpg

westernized tkd is useless, it is based on a light contact point system.
    muay thai, boxing or a grappling are, hell learn all three, aint nothing wrong with having all your bases covered.

matter fact, i suggest you ladies go looking for Bas Rutten's Street Fighting Instructionals.