"The Greatest Rapper of All Time Died on March 9"- Canibus (R.I.P. THREAD)

14567810»

Replies

• rapmastermindrapmastermind Entertainment/Pop Culture/Media Analyst New York CityPosts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    juelz21 wrote: »
    not he wasn't he wasn't going to squash to the beef if u actually listen to the entire thing and put it in it's proper content u heard what he said he wasn't act like a idiot at a mtv event.

I listen to the whole thing, he was clearly said at the end:

"When Shit go down, don't go looking at me and looking at Biggie on why it happen".

Pac was clearly saying it was the media that was causing the whole "East/West" war. (Even though he never took responsibility for "Hit Em Up"). He said he would bring if Biggie and then brought it. Obviously Big wasn't trying to bring it so if he had more time, I think he would eventually move on. I'm not saying they would do an album or song but they could of been cordial. Remember, Suge was fueling the beef, Pac had bigger plans and dreams. I love this interview cause I see some regret in him about how this whole thing has gotten out of control. Mind you he says this just days before he was shot. Both him and Big had prophecy in their rhymes and words.
  • juelz21juelz21 dwo Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    I listen to the whole thing, he was clearly said at the end:

"When Shit go down, don't go looking at me and looking at Biggie on why it happen".

Pac was clearly saying it was the media that was causing the whole "East/West" war. (Even though he never took responsibility for "Hit Em Up"). He said he would bring if Biggie and then brought it. Obviously Big wasn't trying to bring it so if he had more time, I think he would eventually move on. I'm not saying they would do an album or song but they could of been cordial. Remember, Suge was fueling the beef, Pac had bigger plans and dreams. I love this interview cause I see some regret in him about how this whole thing has gotten out of control. Mind you he says this just days before he was shot. Both him and Big had prophecy in their rhymes and words.

i understand u a biggie fan and all but damm don't be delusional. on some of his last tracks like for example he dissed bad boy as a whole crew on bomb first and last songs called all out and hell for a hustler the og version he was clearly dissing biggie and 2 his last intervies one he did in august disucussing Killuminati the 7 day theory he said biggie was one of the rappers he was going to diss on the album and he dissed biggie in another interview from the mtv awards.
    he basically said " overthrow bad boy nas and all that other bullshit" he wanted to get bad boy out the game.
  • 5th Letter5th Letter Top Gang Thug Trying To Lower The Body Count Posts: 36,160 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    one of the best ever rip to the notorious b.i.g
    Fuck who's the baddest a persons status depends on salary
    That buck that bought that bottle could have struck the lotto
  • genocide_cuttergenocide_cutter Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    R.i.p...........
  • rapmastermindrapmastermind Entertainment/Pop Culture/Media Analyst New York CityPosts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Jay Z rockin some Biggie T-Shirt's:

jay-z-b.i.g..jpg

jayz_nas.jpg

(Jay Z and NaS before the Beef)

biggie-gun.jpg

conart-biggie.jpg

"Pop-pa Gat, Aim squeeze precisely/where my niggas at"
    "F*ck the luck sh!t, strictly aim/no aspirations to quit the game"
    edited March 2011
    su05.jpg

kimandbiggie.jpg

"Biggie crowned me Queen B!tch" - Lil Kim
    edited March 2011
    Some Biggie murals in NYC:

3911biggie.jpg

biggie.jpg

800px-biggie_grafitti.jpg

"Let there be light, ain't not gang bangin in New York tonigh/just murals of Biggie Smalls, Bigger than Life" - NaS
    edited March 2011
    Lil Kim breaks down "Get Money" Music Video on MTV's "FRAME BY FRAME"

"Get Money"

"Get Money (Gettin Money) Remix

Get_Money.jpg

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1659550/notorious-big-get-money.jhtml
  • MR.CJMR.CJ Posts: 63,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    R.I.P. to a top 5 rapper
  • rip.dillarip.dilla 天道様 Posts: 17,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    RIP to a killer on the MIC.

Juicy and Sky's The Limit still my shit
    ... always immediately go for my boobs ... She feelin me up like "are those your nipples?" I'm like "don't touch there. my money is there." So she's running my hips and thighs ...
  • UPTOWNUPTOWN Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    touches base for B.I.G., P-O, P-P-A - No info, for the, D-E-A

kid was crazy

r i p cuzzin biggie !!!!!
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Niggas fear what they don't understand, hate what they can't conquer.....
    I Guess it's just the theory of man
  • UPTOWNUPTOWN Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    sionb55 wrote: »
    "Lyrically there aint ever gon be anyone above you & no matter how they judge you we always gon love you"

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Niggas fear what they don't understand, hate what they can't conquer.....
    I Guess it's just the theory of man
  • JYo79JYo79 Posts: 301 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Me and my nigga lance took kim and cease advance brought 12 bricks and 4 pounds weed plants of branson now we lamping 12 room mason got bitches getting naked off of Get Money, Player's Anthem, don't forget One More Chance and my other hits & others shits nigga spit be counterfeit...R.I.P B.I.G
  • airspeeze23airspeeze23 Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    14 years later...and there still has been no motherfuckin match for that Victory verse!!!!
  • Disciplined InSightDisciplined InSight The Clairvoyant One.... Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    He gets a lot of hate for his shock lyrics in the past, but who knows where he would have taken this game if he didn't get his life taken. Imo, I think he would have been better with his subject matter (he was getting there with "Life After Death")..but damn..I would be lying if I didn't say the nigga Big didn't have one of the top 5 flows in the game.

Much respect...
    To be a real hood you need more than just a gun. You need ideas.

tumblr_m9zas2KcdZ1rnneano1_1280.gif
  • esco sopranoesco soprano Jersey bredPosts: 2,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Rip BIG....I fucked with him from day one....number two on my GOAT list. Still remember waking up that mornin to the news. 11th grade was never the same after that.
    2013-11-1013_54_10.gif

Suggs100.jpg
  • stupot0607stupot0607 Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    RIP Christopher wallace...................
    [img][/img]
    Lost in the shuffle of his great talents behind the Mic was Biggie was slowly becoming an Actor himself. His video for "Hypnotize" was very cinematic and Christopher Walken and Robert Deniro said they contacted Biggie to be in parts before he died. Checkout Biggie on the Classic Martin Episode "Blow Baby Blow". It was during the 4th season of the Martin show and it's consdiered one of the best episdoes of the entire show. Check it out, funny ass episode. For some Martin and Biggie history check out the intro to "Kick in the Door" in which Biggie samples a Martin Stand up (I gots to talk, I gotta tell what I feel, I got to talk about my life as I see it). Also Biggie was featured on the "Bad Boys" and "Bad Boys II" Soundtrack:

"MARTIN" SEASON 4: "BLOW BABY BLOW" Guest Staring The Notorious B.I.G. aka Biggie Smalls

martin_l.jpg

"Biggie was the Best Rapper" - Martin Lawerence

Part 1.

Part 2.

Part 3.

20081229-biggie.jpg

"Hypnotize (High Quality/HD)"

Martin Speaks on this Classic Episode and how he got to work with Biggie. "Blow Baby Blow" is considered a Top 10 Episode in Martin History voted on by the fans:

http://www.xxlmag.com/features/2012/02/martin-lawrence-remembers-the-notorious-b-i-g/
  • Soloman_The_WiseSoloman_The_Wise The Make It Happen Man... Puget SoundPosts: 2,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorry fam as some others have said before this has ran its course...
    The world Don't Understand Me, We are Living in Insanity, When I speak Profanity, It helps me Feed My Family, They Try and Banish Me, Because they Fear what I say, Spit Knowledge to the youth, Truth shows another way...

Originally Posted by south4life

"I'm not a drug dealer but, I'm cool with alot of street niggas...
    cause they respect the fact that I'm real with them, I'm not trying to be something I ain't.
    I'm cool with alot of street niggas here too cause, I come off as just being me and when I see them I holla and keep it moving. That's what's wrong with everybody now, they make being a gangsta or thug as the benchmark of being real. U know what's real, a nigga working a 9 to 5, busting his ass everyday without having to break a law."

The world Don't Understand Me, We are Living in Insanity, When I speak Profanity, It helps me Feed My Family, They Try and Banish Me, Because they Fear what I say, Spit Knowledge to the youth, Truth shows a better way...

I do not hate White People, Hell I regularly enjoy many White Women intimately, But I cannot stand Wiggers, RedNecks, or any Fag White Boys that do not Know there Place in shit...
    Cain
  • CainCain The audacity of you fuck niggas Cyttorax DimensionPosts: 42,745 Regulator
    Lol...........
    I mod without feelings or remorse.

Just been through it all man
    Blood sweat and tears
    Niggaz is dead and shit
    What the fuck else can happen yo?
    I dont think much more son, word to mother yo
    We done seen it all, and been through it all yo
    Let y'all niggaz know right now
    Word to mother, for real, for real
    I aint ever goin back
    sorry fam as some others have said before this has ran its course...

Nope, hating on one of the greatest most influential rappers of all time has run it's course. This thread is about homage not hating, Big Difference.
    Cain
  • BarreGoffBarreGoff Posts: 326 ✭✭
    interestinf article for me
14567810»