The Offical:Kanye West, "Good @ss Job" Thread...

Replies

• choppa_stylechoppa_style Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    First single better be more like Through the Wire and Diamonds, and less like Stronger.

Also, no more animated cover, and bring me back my damn skits 'Ye!!!!
  • OuncemanOunceman Posts: 5,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    hope its good. really didnt care for 808's. the autotune is what killed it for me. musically it was ok, i thought cudi's man on the moon was 20 times better music wise
  • MasterALFrankMasterALFrank teach or learn. Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    kANYE is one of the greatest artists of all time *shrugs*
  • Smo-King LocsSmo-King Locs Posts: 3,380
    edited March 2010
    Ounceman wrote: »
    hope its good. really didnt care for 808's. the autotune is what killed it for me. musically it was ok, i thought cudi's man on the moon was 20 times better music wise

coughs 3x......i never listened to that album...
  • Smo-King LocsSmo-King Locs Posts: 3,380
    edited March 2010
    First single better be more like Through the Wire and Diamonds, and less like Stronger.

Also, no more animated cover, and bring me back my damn skits 'Ye!!!!

bdc544c9b06d.gif

the fuck?????????

all of kanye album covers were animated... except "College Drop Out" he still had the bear out fit tho...and the 1st single off of "Graduation" was "Can't Tell Me Nothing", he didn't realese "Stronger" as a single until summer time...
  • tru_m.a.ctru_m.a.c Posts: 9,069 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    arnett23 wrote: »
    Someone needs to really explain how Kanye doesnt have lyrics??? Shit makes no sense to me...

killing you niggas on that lyrical shit
    mayonnaise colored benz, i push miracle whips

that right there is tough
  • rip.dillarip.dilla Posts: 14,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    DJ Premier speaks on Ye's new joint on Red Bulletin magazine...

RD: You've worked with some pretty mainstream pop artistes recently, people like Christina Aguilera and Kanye West. Does working in the mainstream damage 'real' hip-hop?

DJ PREMIER: Well first of all, if you look at all of Kanye West's output, he actually did a lot to bring back sampling and make it cool again, even though he's more of a mainstream artiste. But his new album (Good Ass Job) is strictly hard beats and rhyme. He's totally done with electro. You're gonna be surprised what you hear...

Yeezy's back... def copping
  • bugsmalone730bugsmalone730 Posts: 54
    edited April 2010
    Im a Ye Fan 808's wasnt his best outing but his albums leading up to that had great music . The only ones i would consider as classic are College drop out or Late registration.. As far as G.A.J i think it will be something similar to College dropout because when he first came out with college dropout he already was on tv talkin bout how his last album in the trilogy was G.A.J and that he had alot of the tracks done for it .. and even tho it was 6 years ago i bet some of those songs will get reused just like home did on graduation ( which originally should have been on college drop out)
  • MorganFreemanKingMorganFreemanKing Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    smh...... Charles Hamilton did 808s & Heartbreaks better than Ye did...
  • choppa_stylechoppa_style Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    bdc544c9b06d.gif

the fuck?????????

all of kanye album covers were animated... except "College Drop Out" he still had the bear out fit tho...and the 1st single off of "Graduation" was "Can't Tell Me Nothing", he didn't realese "Stronger" as a single until summer time...

"Cant Tell Me Nothing" was the street single. "Stronger" was the official first single.

And Late Reg didn't have an animated cover, only Graduation did.
  • Tha KillaTha Killa Posts: 4,451
    edited July 2010
    This better be more like College Dropout and Late Registration than Graduation and 808's. I swear fo' God I'll boycott that nigga's music if it's as horrible as those last 2 albums.
  • hrap-120hrap-120 Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    141351603.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1281372532&Signature=YxdI8PZSrzazW6E2wXWqrW1J%2BAU%3D

Kanye West will not release his fifth studio album until “sometime in November”, he’s revealed. :(

The rapper’s record- which is rumoured to be called Dark Twisted Fantasy- was originally scheduled for release next month.

But in an online chat with fans he said the release had now been put back to later in the year.

Dark Twisted Fantasy (formerly known as Good Ass Job)

main_banner-480x200.jpg

1. Hell Of a Life (feat. Lil’ Wayne) [Kanye West & DJ Toomp]

2. Dark Fantasy [RZA]

3. Power [S1]

4. Chain Heavy (feat. Eminem & Jay-Z) [Kanye West]

5. Ghetto University (feat. T.I.) [Kanye West & DJ Toomp]

6. That’s My Girl (feat. Katy Perry & Kid Cudi) [Kanye West & Jon Brion]

7. Runaway [Kanye West & Q-Tip]

8. Lost In The World (feat. Nicki Minaj & Rick Ross a.k.a. Ricardo Rozay) [Kanye West & No I.D.]

9. Gorgeous (Ode To Kardashians) (feat. Drake & Game & Ludacris) [Kanye West]

10. Monster [Kanye West & DJ Premier]

11. Holding Me Back (feat. Mos Def & Talib Kweli & Phonte) [Kanye West & Madlib]

12. Devil In a New Dress [Pete Rock]

13. The Joy (feat. Common & John Legend) [Kanye West]

14. So Appalled (feat. Drake & Jamie Foxx) [Kanye West & No I.D.]

15. Blame Game [DJ Toomp]

16. Sweat On My Face [DJ Premier]

• CirocObamaCirocObama Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Ye that nigga but man way too many features but im sure people will give him a pass for it like they did Jay-Z.

Dont wanna hear Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj on it and i could care less 4 Eminem, Drake, Wayne and Kid Cudi
  • deathrowzorrowdeathrowzorrow Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    He should put Nas on it and I'm happy
  • BobOblahBobOblah Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Bringing back Common, Kweli, and Mos. good shit. and the production looks almost too good to be true.

can't say I like "Dark Twisted Fantasy" or "Good Ass Job" but that doesn't really matter.
  • BobOblahBobOblah Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    CirocObama wrote: »
    Ye that nigga but man way too many features but im sure people will give him a pass for it like they did Jay-Z.

Dont wanna hear Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj on it and i could care less 4 Eminem, Drake, Wayne and Kid Cudi

I'm against a ton of features usually, but Kanye is an exception. Mostly because Kanye aint that good a rapper and it would be a shame to see such good beats go to waste.

A Kanye album needs features to keep me interested.
  • louis the greatlouis the great Posts: 6,502 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    BobOblah wrote: »
    Bringing back Common, Kweli, and Mos. good shit. and the production looks almost too good to be true.

can't say I like "Dark Twisted Fantasy" or "Good Ass Job" but that doesn't really matter.

C / s
  • lamontbdclamontbdc Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    BobOblah wrote: »

yea i was thinking the production seems to good to be true also some of those tracks might not make the final cut but we will see i thought Rae production list for OB4CL2 was too good to be true but ti worked out
  • CirocObamaCirocObama Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Yeah Kanye and Game's album will probably be the best produced albums, at least on paper. Dre, RZA, Premo, Blaze, Ye etc.

Ross album had dope production too.
  • hrap-120hrap-120 Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Production wise this is the craziest album in rap history...i mean you got actual legends on this shit

....Id take a few of those artists off of there but he has them on their for demographic reasons.
  • heavyrelishheavyrelish Posts: 476 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    rza got the beat for the title track of the most relevant rapper of the last decades long awaited album..of course..rzas not relevant tho..smh roll my eyes and all that other shit
  • MasterALFrankMasterALFrank teach or learn. Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Hip hop.............................................................................................................we have a problem!!!!!!!
  • Mumo XMumo X Posts: 4,521
    edited August 2010
    Tracks 2, 10, 11, 12, 13 & 16 are definately Classic material....This record got the potential to be the 2nd best album in 2010. Wuz kinda hopin RZA wud lace that record wit atleast 5 joints....
  • KillaChamKillaCham M0D SQUAD™ Posts: 8,119 Regulator
    edited August 2010
    the clock's tickin'
  • Mumo XMumo X Posts: 4,521
    edited August 2010
    rza got the beat for the title track of the most relevant rapper of the last decades long awaited album..of course..rzas not relevant tho..smh roll my eyes and all that other shit

wtf? What u smokin son? RZA is the GOAT Hiphop producer...and yeah he stil relevant. This album is a classic in the makin cuz it got production of the top 3 beatmakers in Hiphop History