The Dr.Dre Dee Barnes incident.Damn Dre really took it to that hoe

freethewavefreethewave Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2011 in The Reason
After her 1990 interview with Ice Cube in which the rapper discusses his leaving N.W.A. at the height of their feud,[2] the group, feeling they had been negatively portrayed, sought retaliation. On January 27, 1991 Dr. Dre would encounter Barnes at a record release party in Hollywood. According to Rolling Stone reporter Alan Light:

He picked her up and "began slamming her leg and the right side of her body repeatedly against a wall near the stairway" as his bodyguard held off the crowd. After Dre tried to throw her down the stairs and failed, he began kicking her in the ribs and hands. She escaped and ran into the women's rest room. Dre followed her and "grabbed her from behind by the hair and proceeded to punch her in the back of the head."[3]

N.W.A.'s MC Ren later said "bitch deserved it", and Eazy-E "yeah, bitch had it coming, and I'm 'bout to rib you." As Dr. Dre explained the incident, "People talk all this shit, but you know, somebody fuck with me, I'm gonna fuck with them. I just did it, you know. Ain't nothing you can do now by talking about it. Besides, it ain't no big thing-- I just threw her through a door." Barnes sued in February 1991, telling reporter Alan Light: "They've grown up with the mentality that it's okay to hit women, especially black women. Now there's a lot of kids listening and thinking it's okay to hit women who get out of line."[3] In February, Barnes would file assault charges and bring a $22.75 million lawsuit against Dr. Dre, who pleaded no contest to the assault. He was fined $2500, placed on two years' probation, and ordered to perform 240 hours of community service and produce an anti-violence public service announcement.[4] The lawsuit was settled out of court.[5]

The assault was yet another reason Bronx rapper Tim Dog went after N.W.A. on his 1991 diss song "Fuck Compton" - "Dre, beatin' on Dee from Pump It Up!?/Step to the Dog and get FUCKED UP!" - and Eazy-E would later refer to the incident on his various disses of Dr. Dre and Death Row Records, including "Real Muthaphuckkin G's," "It's On," and "Wut Would U Do." It was again notably referenced in the 1999 Eminem duet with Dr. Dre, "Guilty Conscience." The song is an interplay between Slim Shady and Dre as the two sides of peoples' consciences - Dre being the "good" conscience - with Slim Shady rapping "are you gonna take advice from somebody who slapped Dee Barnes?" . The incident was also mentioned on Game's 'Doctor's Advocate' album on the title track.

The incident was #37 on Spin magazine's "100 Sleaziest Moments in Rock".[6
nohiphop1

Replies

• freethewavefreethewave Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    After her 1990 interview with Ice Cube in which the rapper discusses his leaving N.W.A. at the height of their feud,[2] the group, feeling they had been negatively portrayed, sought retaliation. On January 27, 1991 Dr. Dre would encounter Barnes at a record release party in Hollywood. According to Rolling Stone reporter Alan Light:

He picked her up and "began slamming her leg and the right side of her body repeatedly against a wall near the stairway" as his bodyguard held off the crowd. After Dre tried to throw her down the stairs and failed, he began kicking her in the ribs and hands. She escaped and ran into the women's rest room. Dre followed her and "grabbed her from behind by the hair and proceeded to punch her in the back of the head."[3]

N.W.A.'s MC Ren later said "bitch deserved it", and Eazy-E "yeah, bitch had it coming, and I'm 'bout to rib you." As Dr. Dre explained the incident, "People talk all this shit, but you know, somebody fuck with me, I'm gonna fuck with them. I just did it, you know. Ain't nothing you can do now by talking about it. Besides, it ain't no big thing-- I just threw her through a door." Barnes sued in February 1991, telling reporter Alan Light: "They've grown up with the mentality that it's okay to hit women, especially black women. Now there's a lot of kids listening and thinking it's okay to hit women who get out of line."[3] In February, Barnes would file assault charges and bring a $22.75 million lawsuit against Dr. Dre, who pleaded no contest to the assault. He was fined $2500, placed on two years' probation, and ordered to perform 240 hours of community service and produce an anti-violence public service announcement.[4] The lawsuit was settled out of court.[5]

The assault was yet another reason Bronx rapper Tim Dog went after N.W.A. on his 1991 diss song "Fuck Compton" - "Dre, beatin' on Dee from Pump It Up!?/Step to the Dog and get FUCKED UP!" - and Eazy-E would later refer to the incident on his various disses of Dr. Dre and Death Row Records, including "Real Muthaphuckkin G's," "It's On," and "Wut Would U Do." It was again notably referenced in the 1999 Eminem duet with Dr. Dre, "Guilty Conscience." The song is an interplay between Slim Shady and Dre as the two sides of peoples' consciences - Dre being the "good" conscience - with Slim Shady rapping "are you gonna take advice from somebody who slapped Dee Barnes?" . The incident was also mentioned on Game's 'Doctor's Advocate' album on the title track.

The incident was #37 on Spin magazine's "100 Sleaziest Moments in Rock".[6
  • DMTxTHCDMTxTHC Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011

He picked her up and "began slamming her leg and the right side of her body repeatedly against a wall near the stairway" as his bodyguard held off the crowd. After Dre tried to throw her down the stairs and failed, he began kicking her in the ribs and hands. She escaped and ran into the women's rest room. Dre followed her and "grabbed her from behind by the hair and proceeded to punch her in the back of the head.

Smfh @ the bolded, inexcusable...
  • Aristo_V300Aristo_V300 Toyota/Lexus Enthusiast Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    I lol everytime I read about that.
    soul rattlernohiphop1
  • opiie562opiie562 Posts: 962
    edited June 2011
    well damn. Dre had to show his fellow NWA buddies he was "tough"
  • thesynthesisthesynthesis Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    dre was a hoe.......
    redhandedbanditdwade206soul rattlerantoseeg
  • gee757gee757 Posts: 20,549 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    suge knight shouldve let them 10 guyz beat gay azz dre fa doin that pussy shit beatin dee catchin feelinz smh
    opiie562 wrote: »
    well damn. Dre had to show his fellow NWA buddies he was "tough"

wat getz me about that faggot is gay dre can beat on a woman but this houseniggga gay azz dre is goin 2 da POLICE on suge like a batter;d house wife or gf wat kinda gangsta rapper is doin that hoe shit? lol smh
    redhandedbanditnohiphop1
  • Mvpbrodie93Mvpbrodie93 Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    The GOAT.....
  • freethewavefreethewave Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    are we all in agreement justice was served
    dwade206nohiphop1
  • MR.CJMR.CJ Posts: 53,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    well damn.
  • nujerz84nujerz84 NJPosts: 12,969 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Dre lucky he aint kill the woman
  • StewStew Im In My Permanent PRhyme We run this spot like a Chinese sweatshopPosts: 36,283 Regulator
    edited June 2011
    The GOAT.....

edited June 2011
    hlf wrote: »

lol@ this cracka n herr praisin his man crush gay azz dre ova this pussy shit smh,,,.
    Bender Rodriguez
  • gnsgns It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    that was some ho ass shit, if u slap a bitch thats one thing but this nigga there stomping out this chick in public and got his bodyguard playing crowd control so he can whoop on her more....she aint even his bitch, where it was some crime of passion shit, nigga really just got salty over what a media personality said.
    He wouldve never did that if she was white either! 2 bad she aint had some older brothers..
  • DMTxTHCDMTxTHC Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    The GOAT.....

Dre is one of the greatest, but c'mon
    it was mainly hair pulling and slappin

yall know how gay dudes fight

Lol etherous!
  • lamontbdclamontbdc Posts: 16,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    and that was before the roids
  • StewStew Im In My Permanent PRhyme We run this spot like a Chinese sweatshopPosts: 36,283 Regulator
    edited June 2011
    gee757 wrote: »
    lol@ this cracka n herr praisin his man crush gay azz dre ova this pussy shit smh,,,.

Unlike you, I dont give a shit about rappers personal lives

His music>>>>>>
  • Already Home_17Already Home_17 Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    ironically dr dre has a song called "bitch niggas"
    antoseeg
    edited June 2011
    gns wrote: »
    that was some ho ass shit, if u slap a bitch thats one thing but this nigga there stomping out this chick in public and got his bodyguard playing crowd control so he can whoop on her more....she aint even his bitch, where it was some crime of passion shit, nigga really just got salty over what a media personality said.
    He wouldve never did that if she was white either! 2 bad she aint had some older brothers..

i know rite that housenigga wouldve neva hit his white wife but gay azz dre aint got no problemz hittin a blk woman smh...but suge knight said he had 2 stop 10 guyz from beatin da shit outta gay azz dre fa doin that pussy shit hittin dee barnes suge shouldve just like da goonz fuk gay azz dre up
    hlf wrote: »
    Unlike you, I dont give a shit about rappers personal lives

His music>>>>>>

fuk that houseniggaz musik 2 that bitch gay azz dre dont write & he stealz beatz
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    and that was before the roids
    ironically dr dre has a song called "bitch niggas"

flatline___________
    Bender Rodriguez
  • gnsgns It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    i know rite that housenigga wouldve neva hit his white wife but gay azz dre aint got no problemz hittin a blk woman smh...but suge knight said he had 2 stop 10 guyz from beatin da shit outta gay azz dre fa doin that pussy shit hittin dee barnes suge shouldve just like da goonz fuk gay azz dre up

if thats y they was about to beat his ass, suge should have at least let them get 5 minutes in on him, if he was still signed to suge all suge should have said was dont fuck up his hands "he needs them for making/stealing beats"
    edited June 2011
    gns wrote: »
    if thats y they was about to beat his ass, suge should have at least let them get 5 minutes in on him, if he was still signed to suge all suge should have said was dont fuck up his hands "he needs them for making/stealing beats"

lol...yeah gay azz dre was on deathrow when that happen;d but c/s suge shouldve let them slap gay azz dre around fa like 5 minutez or sumthang gay dre betta b happy suge saved him from a beatdown,.,.
    Bender Rodriguez
  • Nah SonNah Son Habitual Line Stepper Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Its been well documented over the years that Andre Young the man is quite a bitch and that Dee Barnes incident and his reactions proved it the most.

Dr. Dre the artist is a musical genius tho.
  • JadaRossJadaRoss Posts: 6,792 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    suge knight shouldve let them 10 guyz beat gay azz dre fa doin that pussy shit beatin dee catchin feelinz smh

wat getz me about that faggot is gay dre can beat on a woman but this houseniggga gay azz dre is goin 2 da POLICE on suge like a batter;d house wife or gf wat kinda gangsta rapper is doin that hoe shit? lol smh

she probably said some grimy shit about dude so he did what he had to do
    edited June 2011
    ca21 wrote: »
    Its been well documented over the years that Andre Young the man is quite a bitch and that Dee Barnes incident and his reactions proved it the most.

Dr. Dre the artist is a musical genius tho.

how can gay azz dre b a musical genius when he dont write & he b stealin beatz?
    JadaRoss wrote: »
    she probably said some grimy shit about dude so he did what he had to do

come on now just cuz she said sumthang grimy that dont mean gay dre gotta hit her therrz no xcuse fam lol
    Bender Rodriguez
  • KingJamalKingJamal Posts: 20,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Dre been a bitch lol

that ain't new
    41779_2200856233_6959_n.jpg
    CashmoneyDux