What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Meth, Ghost and Rae - Wu-Massacre Review

Age187Age187 Posts: 72
edited April 2010 in Reviewably Incorrect
Wu-Massacre is easily the most hyped rap album of the year so far. Between awesome artwork, some creative trailers, and the reunion of the Wu-Tang Clan's three most personable rappers, it's guaranteed to be a good album. The real question is, "how good"? Given the catalog Method Man, Ghostface Killah and Raekwon, it's easy for Wu-Massacre to be a letdown. That's exactly the trap Meth, Ghost and Rae fall into: They've made a good album that's never as great as it could be.

From the beginning, Wu-Massacre impresses with the sheer talent of the rappers involved. As soon as Ghostface Killah opens on "Criminology 2.5," it's clear no punches are being held back. Meth, Ghost and Rae are all in top form, tossing threats, insults and boasts around like it was still 1995. Method Man easily stands out; he finds his comfort zone in group efforts, and Wu-Massacre is no exception. He raps with the same effortless energy and vitality that's made him a superstar, never off-beat and always mastering the tempo of the song.

You see the dear head on the living room wall? Like his neck fell off?
That can be yours - sculptured and glazed with gloss
(Ghosface, "Criminology 2.5")

Of course, Raekwon and Ghostface aren't to be outdone; all three of them turn in great performances. Of the three, Raekwon seems the most out of place here, as if the album is a little too fast for him. Otherwise, it's standard Wu-Tang fare; the raps are both hard and creative, and the album drips with personality and wit. Even the skits are funny, with "Ya Moms Skit" being the highlight.

There aren't any star guests (Inspectah Deck is the only other Wu member that shows up), but that's not really a flaw with this group. Meth, Ghost and Rae are a show all on there own, and while they don't have as much chemistry as you might expect ("Meth Vs. Chef 2" notwithstanding), they contrast each other really well. They spit some of the most entertaining raps you'll ever hear, and Ghostface's decapitation punchlines alone are worth the price of admission.

Read more>>>>

Replies

• south4lifesouth4life Bama Repesenta! Posts: 9,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    I bought it yesterday and it's been in my car cd player since!
    I'm loving Gunshowers and Our Dreams, Dangerous and It's That Wu Shit are also favorites.
    MY SQUADS

MIAMI HEAT - 2006, 2012 & 2013 NBA Champions
    NEW ORLEANS SAINTS - 2010 XLIV Super Bowl Champions
    ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE - 2010, 2012 & 2013 BCS National Champions, 2015 CFB Champions

• StewStew Rap Music Is My Religion We run this spot like a Chinese sweatshopPosts: 51,271 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Solid album. I wasnt expecting much but I think I got my $10 worth
    x the unknown
  • mike06mike06 Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    hlf wrote: »
    Solid album. I wasnt expecting much but I think I got my $10 worth

CHEEEEEA....the only reason y i bought it....lmao.....but this is a pretty good album...i might even like it more than OB4CL2 which im assuming helped spawn this effort....
  • TalkOfNY_5TalkOfNY_5 Posts: 3
    sounds like a 90's banger
    x the unknown
  • JJ 1975JJ 1975 Posts: 336
    Agree with hlf. Not bad for the $10!
  • kzwiderkzwider Posts: 41
    hit up my hip hop blog www.kazmerethoughtz.com
  • Soloman_The_WiseSoloman_The_Wise The Make It Happen Man... Puget SoundPosts: 2,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    slept on album...
    The world Don't Understand Me, We are Living in Insanity, When I speak Profanity, It helps me Feed My Family, They Try and Banish Me, Because they Fear what I say, Spit Knowledge to the youth, Truth shows another way...

Originally Posted by south4life

"I'm not a drug dealer but, I'm cool with alot of street niggas...
    cause they respect the fact that I'm real with them, I'm not trying to be something I ain't.
    I'm cool with alot of street niggas here too cause, I come off as just being me and when I see them I holla and keep it moving. That's what's wrong with everybody now, they make being a gangsta or thug as the benchmark of being real. U know what's real, a nigga working a 9 to 5, busting his ass everyday without having to break a law."

The world Don't Understand Me, We are Living in Insanity, When I speak Profanity, It helps me Feed My Family, They Try and Banish Me, Because they Fear what I say, Spit Knowledge to the youth, Truth shows a better way...

I do not hate White People, Hell I regularly enjoy many White Women intimately, But I cannot stand Wiggers, RedNecks, or any Fag White Boys that do not Know there Place in shit...
    SionNothingButTheTruthDMTxTHC
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 44,291 Regulator
    slept on album...

IC Moderator and AHH Editor

http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

^^^ If you need anything go here

jono wrote: »
    This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall
  • DMTxTHCDMTxTHC Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, I tried burning that album to my iTunes library, and it didn't transfer. That was some bullshit.

I'll cop several of the songs from the iTunes store down the line.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=­̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­▬

tumblr_mzk7q0WwVA1s8ohmto1_500.gif
  • Queens FinestQueens Finest Posts: 198 ✭✭
    Nice review, agree 100%
    45012999_088c54fe26.jpg
  • rogerguestrogerguest Posts: 3
    Really very cool picture. I like it.
  • luke1733luke1733 Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭✭
    I wanted this cd to be good, but it gets no replay. I tried to like it. Maybe if it was just Ghost and Meth. This cd was like a 6/10
  • luke1733luke1733 Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭✭
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 25,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    luke1733 wrote: »
    I wanted this cd to be good, but it gets no replay. I tried to like it. Maybe if it was just Ghost and Meth. This cd was like a 6/10

The cd was pretty much just Ghost and Meth. Rae wasn't even in it that much because of label reasons.

Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

m63Y62.gif