What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

The Official Supplement Tolerance Thread

Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force GeneralASUville, PhoenixPosts: 23,780 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in The Weight Room
For anyone that takes supplements, pre/during/post/fat burn when working out

Many labels read something along the lines of "EXTREME WARNING" and that you should take 1/2 or 1/4 or the like an x amount of time before working out.

Take extreme no pumped for example. It's a pre workout drink that comes in grape/strawberry/and blue raspberry. Says to drink half 30 minutes before and the rest during the workout. I either drink it all beforehand or start to sip it when I'm in the gym.

How do you go about taking your supplements?
¡No contaban con mi astucia!
5 Grand wrote: »
I see a lot of people saying they'd "give" family members money.

Thats not what you want to do.

You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

So if you win, don't "give" anybody anything. Set up a trust fund.

Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

AggyAF wrote: »
Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

hqg-277.gif

Replies

• truth spittertruth spitter Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    I sip a little before I get to the gym, then during, then finish it off at the end. My pre-workout supplement right now is Controlled Labs Purple Wraath.

purple_wraath_450_white.jpeg

I've also used Gaspari Superpump 250 that I used to down all before working out...I found it made me too jittery and it was best for me to sip on it occasionally throughout my workout

superpump_250.jpg
    edited July 2011
    I posted pics of the supps I take but it needs to be approved by a mod. But yeah I sip on my pre-workout drink before, during, and after my workout. Intra-workout.
  • Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 23,780 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    I posted pics of the supps I take but it needs to be approved by a mod. But yeah I sip on my pre-workout drink before, during, and after my workout. Intra-workout.

Okay sounds good, I'll post all the supps I take later as well and how I take each one

You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

hqg-277.gif

• Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 23,780 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    TM022_Xl.jpg

Trace Minerals New & Improved Electrolyte Stamina: I take two tablets before I head to the gym to give time for it to take effect, before I take my preworkout drink(s).

image_25945_450_white.jpg

Bodyquick Cognamine- Only recently have I been taking this before workouts to give me energy. Just one tablet because of its strength.

67-0770.jpg

Extreme NOS Pumped- I drink this stuff during my workout for some energy and extra pumps

muscletech-hydroxycut-hardcore-pro-series-120-caps-2174-p.jpg

Hydroxycut Hardcore Pro Series- I take two tablets after I finish lifting, 5-10 minutes before I begin cardio. I allow myself a little time for the effect to take in by doing some situps

hqg-277.gif

• Manik SonaManik Sona Posts: 350
    edited July 2011
    Careful brah, some ah dat pure caffeine. Just gonna make you wired.
  • its....JOHN Bits....JOHN B Posts: 19,765 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    optimum nutrition products>>>>

1 scoop of whey, 1 teaspoon of bcaa's, 1 teaspoon of glutamine for my pre work out drink
    1 scoop of whey, half scoop of casein, 1 teaspoon of creatine, 1 teaspoon of bcaa's for my post workout drink

i usually drink another whey or casein protein drink throughout the day to help get my 185 grams, casein is better at night or before bed since it digests slower, i also take there multi v's either 1 or 2 a day even tho it says 3, and a supplement called zma which is zinc, magnesium and vitamin B6 which helps build muscle and sleep better, they have other products i might look into, but ON is the real deal, I like their creatine because its just pure creatine with out any of that added bullshit like the shit you will find at gnc, and their protein is as good your going to find. I recommend their products and buy them off amazon to save and check the reviews for further knowledge.
  • Knives AmilliKnives Amilli Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    I drink a scoopful and a half of this stuff about 20 to 30 minutes before my workout:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSfrDJl-ooIuT8XfdYerDFKr5PJTv8nJ5AXfQ0jZdPhiJEB_LAs

Also you gotta remember to cycle off of preworkout once your finished with it.
    Dirty SanchezRubato Garcia
    edited August 2011
    optimum nutrition products>>>>

1 scoop of whey, 1 teaspoon of bcaa's, 1 teaspoon of glutamine for my pre work out drink
    1 scoop of whey, half scoop of casein, 1 teaspoon of creatine, 1 teaspoon of bcaa's for my post workout drink

i usually drink another whey or casein protein drink throughout the day to help get my 185 grams, casein is better at night or before bed since it digests slower, i also take there multi v's either 1 or 2 a day even tho it says 3, and a supplement called zma which is zinc, magnesium and vitamin B6 which helps build muscle and sleep better, they have other products i might look into, but ON is the real deal, I like their creatine because its just pure creatine with out any of that added bullshit like the shit you will find at gnc, and their protein is as good your going to find. I recommend their products and buy them off amazon to save and check the reviews for further knowledge.

I'll look into ON creatine, thanks for your input

hqg-277.gif

• Emerald City RollaEmerald City Rolla Posts: 564
    edited August 2011
    I co-sign ON products. They have always been high quality and have passed multiple third party lab testing over the years. Its mid-price range compared to the designer proteins they have around, but its the best bang for your buck.

In terms of supplements that WORK, besides vitamins, minerals, fish oils or if its your bag steroids/prohormones there are four: protein powders, creatine (monohydrate, all that chelated ethyl ester stuff is hype), and BCAA's, and beta alanine

Everything else is fluff or useful for certain people
    edited August 2011
    Speaking of creatine, yall got to try out VPX Bang. Shit makes you so focused, and the pumps you do are unreal

hqg-277.gif

edited August 2011
    I got 8 caps of Oxy Elite Pro. I'll report after they are used up

hqg-277.gif

edited October 2011
    thread tensei.

oep got me hype as hell to do cardio, went up to 8.0 speed, 4.0 incline on the treadmill

Looking at HydroxyStim from Muscletech, been reading much great reviews on it

hqg-277.gif

• Bussy_Getta Bussy_Getta STFUPosts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    yo my BF gave me some thermostim shit from gnc

I looked like i was tweaking fuck that shit
    KLICHE
  • BelovedAfeniBelovedAfeni The Pimp Slap App 5150 NationPosts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    are there any natural supplements
    just saying
    The Wombshifter
  • waterproofwaterproof Conqueror of Self On The Road to ZionPosts: 9,407 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    I taken all types of supplements and i have to Say Purple Wrath is a great intra workout drink, you should use that during your works out because with the BCaa's and the beta alaine will help you with your recovery time and keep you in the anabolic zone, it will feed your mucsles while you breaking it down.. the price is pretty step but Controlled Lab's is a known for making products that's give good results, the WHITE FLOOD and Green Mag stack is great, glycer glow is strong as shit.
    Your best rapper saying 'YES, MASSA', when they beat 'em - HELL RAZAH

tumblr_molvoods6A1qeow5po1_500.jpg
    edited October 2011
    are there any natural supplements
    just saying

what are you looking for in natural supplements. Are you looking to bulk, cut, lean gains, energy ect.... i might can help you out

edited October 2011
    I'm currently taking Hydroxystim... oh my word, best $25 I've ever spent.

Current weight? 223 lbs

hqg-277.gif

edited November 2011
    just bought mri no2 hemosurge, will give a detailed review when i finish the tub

hqg-277.gif

edited November 2011
    man im still bulking til the end of the year...weighed in at 185 today...currently taking Controlled Labs Purple Wraath and Green Magnitude Creatine Matrix Volumizer...along with my normal supps of Glutamine powder and ON Whey Protein....I'm working hard
    edited November 2011
    According to the girl at GNC:
    GNC Beyond Raw Ravage
    Hemosurge
    Cellucor C4
    Jack3d

top 4 strongest pre workouts they have

hqg-277.gif

edited November 2011
    According to the girl at GNC:
    GNC Beyond Raw Ravage
    Hemosurge
    Cellucor C4
    Jack3d

top 4 strongest pre workouts they have

Tip: Don't listen to GNC salespeople
    Young_Chitlinmanofmorehouse
  • ill_lojikal_konill_lojikal_kon Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    jack3d is actually pretty potent. So is 1MR. I haven't tried them, but from what I understand they give you cracked out energy. Geranamine + Caffine is for real. They even advise not to take it after 4pm. lol

I take Musclepharm Assault as a pre. It doesn't crack me out and provides a solid level of energy and endurance. No crashes either.
    edited November 2011
    Tip: Don't listen to GNC salespeople

unless they yoked as fuck then you can tell they know someTHING, but 85% of sales person dont know shit at GNC. I met a few that know what they talking about. i shop at GNC, Vitamin shoppe, MAX MUSCLE, Good Life Nutrition and Vitamin world

edited November 2011
    waterproof wrote: »
    unless they yoked as fuck then you can tell they know someTHING, but 85% of sales person dont know shit at GNC. I met a few that know what they talking about. i shop at GNC, Vitamin shoppe, MAX MUSCLE, Good Life Nutrition and Vitamin world

I get all my supps off Amazon now
    edited November 2011
    I get all my supps off Amazon now

i order sometimes off of Bodybuilding.com, TF SUPPLEMENTS, ISLAND SUPPLEMENTS and other underground online stores too when the stores want to charge a arm and a leg or dont have the stuff i look for

But how is ordering off Amazon, is it trustworthy. I always wonder about that because i know sometimes there's people that sell they supplements on Amazon and your money go to them.