What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

The Official 2011-2012 European Football Thread.

toheeb27toheeb27 Posts: 9,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
Current Champs

England: MAN UTD
Spain: BARCELONA
Italy: AC MILAN
Holland: AJAX
France: LILLE
Germany: B DORTMUND

Champions League: BARCELONA
Europa League: PORTO


Feel free to predict the future champs. Please post here often, especially on Game-day.

Looks like we have built up a nice amount of regular posters, should be an awesome season.

As for fantasy, if Spliff ever shows up, he can reactivate the league so that i can DEFEND my title losers. If he does not show up, i will start a new one.


Once Millz shows up, i will get him to sticky this thread
bissapaloan
«134567371

Replies

  • joshuaboyjoshuaboy Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Reporting for Duty!!
  • toheeb27toheeb27 Posts: 9,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    Reporting for Duty!!

    Dude, We have not done shit this off season. Looks like Pastore is going to be our big signing. but we fucking need WINGERS!!!!!!!!!!
  • FigoFigo 100% Trinidadian MarylandPosts: 8,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    Dude, We have not done shit this off season. Looks like Pastore is going to be our big signing. but we fucking need WINGERS!!!!!!!!!!

    Pastore is a flop in the making.
    Nevertheless, in England: Manchester united and chelsea in a close 1st an 2nd place.
    Spain: real Madrid. They will be ready best believe
    Italy: AC Milan
    Germany: bayern Munich. Quality stopper in nauer and I believe boateng will be there best defender.
    Portugal: porto
    Champions league: real Madrid. Reach the semi final last year in Jose mourinho 1st term, 2nd term they will own it
    Scotland: rangers
    Dutch: ajax
    Foreign Nation|PG County, MD


    Dirty Sanchez
  • dontdiedontkillanyondontdiedontkillanyon Show me some love, you losers. Posts: 9,951 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Figo wrote: »
    Spain: real Madrid. They will be ready best believe
    Champions league: real Madrid. Reach the semi final last year in Jose mourinho 1st term, 2nd term they will own it

    I hoping Jose sorts the team and makes that happen (if Arsenal don't win the CL of course)

    Leading on from the other thread: if we get a Fantasy League competition running again like last season are you lot up for upping the stakes and including a cash prize for the winner? £5 per person, winner gets the lot. Of course you don't have to pay but then you don't win the money if you come up top. Interested? Answers on a postcard.
  • northside7northside7 Posts: 25,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    2012 End of the drought. Fuck what ya heard and fuck what ya think..
  • Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    City will start the season off right by defeating United at the Community Shield.
    ¡No contaban con mi astucia!
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I see a lot of people saying they'd "give" family members money.

    Thats not what you want to do.

    You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

    So if you win, don't "give" anybody anything. Set up a trust fund.

    Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

    AggyAF wrote: »
    Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

    All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

    hqg-277.gif


  • 1CK1S1CK1S Posts: 27,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    1. Imma need to start messing with PSG once FIFA 12 comes out
    2. How the hell we lose another player who wanted to play for us ( the player I'm speaking of is Blaise Matuidi who along with Menez just signed with PSG)
    3. My predictions:

    EPL - Chelsea (Swan song for the current club)
    La Liga - FC Barcelona
    Serie A - AC Milan
    Ligue 1 - Marseille (Wouldn't be surprised if PSG won (only reason I so high on them is because unlike the other clubs owned by arabs PSG has made smart and somewhat cheap buys)
    Eredivisie - Ajax (Depends on what happens by the end of the transfer window they still have there championship squad in tact)
    SPL - Celtic
    German Bundesliga - Bayern Munich
    I don't have dreams I have goals. Dreams are what you have when you are sleep. Goals are what you strive to reach when you are awake!
  • One SpliffOne Spliff Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    i'll reactivate the league...

    everybody sign up
  • One SpliffOne Spliff Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    I hoping Jose sorts the team and makes that happen (if Arsenal don't win the CL of course)

    Leading on from the other thread: if we get a Fantasy League competition running again like last season are you lot up for upping the stakes and including a cash prize for the winner? £5 per person, winner gets the lot. Of course you don't have to pay but then you don't win the money if you come up top. Interested? Answers on a postcard.

    if u want to give me your money thats fine by me.

    blacks only in my team this year, i cant afford any weaknesses.
  • -Vincenzo--Vincenzo- Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Figo wrote: »
    Pastore is a flop in the making.
    Nevertheless, in England: Manchester united and chelsea in a close 1st an 2nd place.
    Spain: real Madrid. They will be ready best believe
    Italy: AC Milan
    Germany: bayern Munich. Quality stopper in nauer and I believe boateng will be there best defender.
    Portugal: porto
    Champions league: real Madrid. Reach the semi final last year in Jose mourinho 1st term, 2nd term they will own it
    Scotland: rangers
    Dutch: ajax

    how is neuer a stopper? boy is the new goalie, they paid more than 20 millon gbp for him. agree on real, i'd love to see them dethroning barca this year
    One Spliff wrote: »
    i'll reactivate the league...

    everybody sign up

    lank or die
  • Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    United, per a report, going after Roma's Mirko Vucinic. Smh you United fans can no longer get on City's case for stockpiling strikers.
    ¡No contaban con mi astucia!
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I see a lot of people saying they'd "give" family members money.

    Thats not what you want to do.

    You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

    So if you win, don't "give" anybody anything. Set up a trust fund.

    Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

    AggyAF wrote: »
    Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

    All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

    hqg-277.gif


  • FigoFigo 100% Trinidadian MarylandPosts: 8,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    -Vincenzo- wrote: »
    how is neuer a stopper? boy is the new goalie, they paid more than 20 millon gbp for him. agree on real, i'd love to see them dethroning barca this year



    lank or die

    Goalkeeper I meant to say. Good correction. Barcelona gonna be the strong ad usual. My problem with real Madrid, when they face Barcelona, they don't play with that 100% want to win attitude. When Barcelona begin stringing passes, they fold. Xavi, inuesta, messi, mainly inuesta need to be focus on. That lil nigga is fucking nifty.
    Foreign Nation|PG County, MD


  • 1CK1S1CK1S Posts: 27,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    is man u still after snejder?

    And can anyone tell me were the hell would fabregas fit in at barca with the midfielders they already have?
    I don't have dreams I have goals. Dreams are what you have when you are sleep. Goals are what you strive to reach when you are awake!
  • toheeb27toheeb27 Posts: 9,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    icks86 wrote: »
    is man u still after snejder?

    And can anyone tell me were the hell would fabregas fit in at barca with the midfielders they already have?

    Same here, i dont get the infatuation.
  • FigoFigo 100% Trinidadian MarylandPosts: 8,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    Same here, i dont get the infatuation.

    according to Xavi and co, he got the "BARCA DNA" whatever the hell that means. This nigga fab and arsene wenger lead Arsenal to no title in 6 years
    Foreign Nation|PG County, MD


  • s0j0urners0j0urner Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Liverpool, Merseyside - REDS for life!

    liverpool_fc_by_josephlee.jpg

    Barca, too!

    barca-winning-champi_769831.jpg
  • Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Just to chime in on this, they want Fab (Barcelona does) to provide depth at midfield. Sure Xavi and Iniesta are 30, but they are not showing signs of slowing down. As everyone knows, soccer players are amongst the most well conditioned athletes. Xavi and Iniesta have at least 4 more productive years ahead of them. Cesc is not going to stand being a benchwarmer at his boyhood club, he a fool if he say otherwise. He's better than Afellay and Sanchez, but the aforementioned are no slouches and will push for playing time alongside Fab if he goes to Barcelona. Stay at Arsenal, stick with the consistency of getting into champions league and strive for the Carling Cup, Community Shield, Fa Cup, and the EPL title which in the premier league, you can contribute more in trying to get.
    ¡No contaban con mi astucia!
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I see a lot of people saying they'd "give" family members money.

    Thats not what you want to do.

    You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

    So if you win, don't "give" anybody anything. Set up a trust fund.

    Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

    AggyAF wrote: »
    Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

    All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

    hqg-277.gif


  • DatNiggaB1DatNiggaB1 Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    City will start the season off right by defeating United at the Community Shield.

    Nah..............
    Dirty Sanchez
  • bham100bham100 Posts: 316
    edited July 2011
    Have you seen whats happening to Birmingham City they are fucked.
  • bigev240bigev240 Illpix O.G. Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    bham100 wrote: »
    Have you seen whats happening to Birmingham City they are fucked.

    And they still are going to play in Europe this year.
  • -Vincenzo--Vincenzo- Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Figo wrote: »
    Goalkeeper I meant to say. Good correction. Barcelona gonna be the strong ad usual. My problem with real Madrid, when they face Barcelona, they don't play with that 100% want to win attitude. When Barcelona begin stringing passes, they fold. Xavi, inuesta, messi, mainly inuesta need to be focus on. That lil nigga is fucking nifty.

    i think ronaldo's and mourinho's ego can't take another year of bein number 2, they will be 120% motivated.

    Watch out for ManCity this year, Aguero will make the difference plus Dzeko will hopefully get back to his old form he had before he joined them

    And what's up with the fantasy league, will there be one?
  • Food & LiquorFood & Liquor Posts: 1,126
    edited July 2011
    If Tevez does stay until January then that strike partnership will be unstoppable... Tevez, Aguero, Dzeko. Balotelli... they need to sign an attacking midfielder though. Fair enough, Yaya Toure's been doing the job well but I dunno, he's not that natural at it I guess.

    And smh at us not signing a striker yet, I get the feeling we'll end up with a crap one by the end of the season because we fucked around too much in the transfer window
  • -Vincenzo--Vincenzo- Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    If Tevez does stay until January then that strike partnership will be unstoppable... Tevez, Aguero, Dzeko. Balotelli... they need to sign an attacking midfielder though. Fair enough, Yaya Toure's been doing the job well but I dunno, he's not that natural at it I guess.

    And smh at us not signing a striker yet, I get the feeling we'll end up with a crap one by the end of the season because we fucked around too much in the transfer window

    if tevez stays they gonna rip competition apart...

    speakin of Balo did you see this:
  • bham100bham100 Posts: 316
    edited July 2011
    bigev240 wrote: »
    And they still are going to play in Europe this year.

    Im not to sure if they have sorted that yet.

    Its going to a wholesale tho for them in the next couple of months. The next Leeds.
  • bigev240bigev240 Illpix O.G. Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    bham100 wrote: »
    Im not to sure if they have sorted that yet.

    Its going to a wholesale tho for them in the next couple of months. The next Leeds.

    But at least Leeds went to a Champions League semi
«134567371
Sign In or Register to comment.