What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Sion's How To Invest Thread [Everything you need to invest properly and much more...]

Replies

• SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 44,706 Regulator
    I am Investing in a company called Hibbett Stores (HIBB) http://financials.morningstar.com/ratios/r.html?t=HIBB&region=USA&culture=en_US

It has very high ROE and ROI, very clean balance sheet, highly profitable. Mgmt has been buying back shares too. I like it a lot. It has no debt and current assets double total debts the company has meaning they're liquid.

This company should be selling at double maybe even triple the price but here we are lol. I am very optimistic about this one.

IC Moderator and AHH Editor

http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/site-help

^^^ If you need anything go here

jono wrote: »
    This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Message to the trills of the IC: May Legion Of Trill be your enemies downfall
    thagreat45traestar
  • FosheezyFosheezy AKA Flying Wonders the Diamond Mind Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @scion how long you go on companies like this that you actually like?
  • Qiv_OwanQiv_Owan Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really thought Hibbet Sports went bankrupt it got bought out by Big 5 or Dick's
    tumblr_m5ems1iw2F1qi26lwo1_500.gif
    rs_640x360-160619194524-game_of_thrones-battle_of_the_bastards-6_55_33_pm_-_6_55_37_pm-2016-06-19.gif
  • _Jay_Jay Posts: 3,451 My Name Is My Name.
    Sion wrote: »
    I am Investing in a company called Hibbett Stores (HIBB) http://financials.morningstar.com/ratios/r.html?t=HIBB&region=USA&culture=en_US

It has very high ROE and ROI, very clean balance sheet, highly profitable. Mgmt has been buying back shares too. I like it a lot. It has no debt and current assets double total debts the company has meaning they're liquid.

This company should be selling at double maybe even triple the price but here we are lol. I am very optimistic about this one.

Hmm...might have to keep an eye on this one...

..................ROLL DAMN TIDE

@JayChillinBro
    Siontraestar
    _Jay wrote: »
    Anyone interested in initiating/loading up in Starbucks (SBUX), today is the day you've been waiting on.

currently down 8.7%

@JayChillinBro
  • Olorun22Olorun22 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Amazon a good stock to invest in.. it's under 1000 right now
    JokerzWylddwade206
  • SuperManuelSuperManuel I'll getchu bitch!!! Somewhere drunk off my ass.Posts: 17,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sion will you be making threads like this on the new forum? also if I have these threads bookmarked will they stay in my favorites folder or will they be deleated when this site is gone?
  • SionSion Moderator, Legion of Trill, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 44,706 Regulator
    @Sion will you be making threads like this on the new forum? also if I have these threads bookmarked will they stay in my favorites folder or will they be deleated when this site is gone?

And yes I will most definitely. This thread wont be deleted.
    Olorun22 wrote: »

No

This is the folly of the internet. Its become a bastion of misinformation, rumors, conspiracies and propaganda. A place where a person with no face or name can make accusations at any time with no verification or credentials and brainwash a small segment of people.
    Fosheezy wrote: »
    @scion how long you go on companies like this that you actually like?

I invest in them, my average holding period is 4 years. I buy to hold for the long term (5+ years) I have holdings I've had since the recession pushing a decade.

Fosheezykillap_JayMD_PROPER
    I'm just sayin, Disney (DIS) has a valuation that's pretty damn good right now...y'all might wanna jump on that, if u haven't already...just sayin

@JayChillinBro
  • JokerzWyldJokerzWyld Fazer o que você gosta é liberdade. Gostar do que você faz é felicidade Chocolate CityPosts: 5,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TEVA may be a risk worth taking
    "Our mistake, the mistake we Africans made, was to have forgotten that the enemy never withdraws sincerely. He never understands. He capitulates, but he does not become converted

Our mistake is to have believed that the enemy had lost his combativeness and his harmfulness" Frantz Fanon

31-drapetomania.jpg
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 30,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JokerzWyld wrote: »

teva pharma?
    you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio

• dwade206dwade206 Posts: 11,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Olorun22 wrote: »

Too high and they don't pay a dividend
    Bustin a new nut on @R.D's moms collarbone everyday.
    Siontraestar
    without getting all in your business @Sion...

What are Your criteria for selling shares?

I'm asking because I have a dilemma coming up. I own shares in a profitable business, and the shares have literally quadrupled in price since I purchased them...the company has a competitive advantage in the form of a certain "must own" product that comes out every 4-5 years, along with its "normal" offerings.

my original plan was to wait for 1-2 quarters after the next "must own" item drops, letting the company's share price rise (it's already currently higher than it ever has been before), then selling my shares...but I'm concerned. if there's a correction, the share price will have to start over from a lower price than it currently is, and may never reach the price that the stock is currently evaluated at now...

I'm prolly gonna continue holding on to the shares and follow my original plan...but I'm just asking what are Your criteria for selling shares? most ppl focus on "buy and hold" forever, but I know u normally keep your shares for around 5 years, and was just curious.

@JayChillinBro
  • JokerzWyldJokerzWyld Fazer o que você gosta é liberdade. Gostar do que você faz é felicidade Chocolate CityPosts: 5,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JokerzWyld wrote: »

teva pharma?

I am looking Into it. I still need to research the risk.
    "Our mistake, the mistake we Africans made, was to have forgotten that the enemy never withdraws sincerely. He never understands. He capitulates, but he does not become converted

Our mistake is to have believed that the enemy had lost his combativeness and his harmfulness" Frantz Fanon

31-drapetomania.jpg

I'm asking because I have a dilemma coming up. I own shares in a profitable business, and the shares have literally quadrupled in price since I purchased them...the company has a competitive advantage in the form of a certain "must own" product that comes out every 4-5 years, along with its "normal" offerings.

my original plan was to wait for 1-2 quarters after the next "must own" item drops, letting the company's share price rise (it's already currently higher than it ever has been before), then selling my shares...but I'm concerned. if there's a correction, the share price will have to start over from a lower price than it currently is, and may never reach the price that the stock is currently evaluated at now...

I'm prolly gonna continue holding on to the shares and follow my original plan...but I'm just asking what are Your criteria for selling shares? most ppl focus on "buy and hold" forever, but I know u normally keep your shares for around 5 years, and was just curious.

My criteria for selling shares is as follows:

If all my money has been made and then some typically I won't sell because it's just more profitable to hang on to it. If I have to sell after I've made all money it'll be because there's something even better for me to buy.

The only other time you'll see me sell is if:

- mgmt is making poor decisions
    - competitive advantages are/has deteriorated
    - there's no way the company will profit

The last one I've never done because you can usually tell from a mile way if a company can or won't be profitable. But that's a reason I would sell.

_Jay

Are you getting a dividend from that holding?
  • Bulletproof WalletsBulletproof Wallets Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can one achieve $500-$1000 monthly returns from the stock market? How much initial investment?
    How can one achieve $500-$1000 monthly returns from the stock market? How much initial investment?

Lol, general ass question but a decent plan would be, stay diverse, determine the intrinsic value of the companies you're investing in, and track the dividend yield. The rest is your doing.
  • Go figureGo figure the GoPosts: 4,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

A lot of damn money and the right stocks
    iwslmt.jpg
    dwade206 wrote: »

Are you getting a dividend from that holding?

nah, if I was getting a dividend, I would buy and hold forever, lol...

the company itself is Take Two Interactive, the publisher behind GTA and NBA2K

@JayChillinBro
    Proctor and Gamble has had a increase in dividends for the past 6 decades. Something to think about.
    Sionthagreat45_Jay
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 30,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what do you guys use to invest in international stocks?
    you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio

• dasmooth1dasmooth1 Posts: 156 ✭✭

I'm in the UK and use an online brokerage called Degiro who are based in the Netherlands. Real cheap trading fees (£1.75 per trade). I only purchase UK stocks though because international stocks will incur different taxes depending on the country so it's not worth it for me having my gains eaten into.

2 Vanguard ETFs:

VT (covers world stocks, but primarily consist of S&P 500 companies, America kicks azz)
    VGK (covers the FTSE, the UK's S&P 500)

I was planning on checking other ETFs for more "emerging markets" but I've since chilled...

@JayChillinBro