lmaoooo right.
    and it's opposite day.

it's funny because i can only imagine you with another man. forreal

Sure lol i'll be dat
  • hummingbirdhummingbird Posts: 2,341 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Tha Killer wrote: »

A
    I mean, if I'm with someone, she knows she's mine, and she knows that nothing that anyone else says or does will change that.

B
    Nah man, it's not. It's apples and oranges. The better question would have been would I be ok with another nigga makin' HER a plate......

A. Its not about thinking her making you a plate is gonna take you away. Its about her intent. We know she's doing it because she wants to look like a nurturer. That is one of the many ways women make themselves stand out from the pack. Same way males do extra manly shit to make a woman take notice that is the better provider/protecter.

B. It was a good anoalogy, because typically people believe Women should be cooks and provide nourishment not men. SO asking if it would bother for another man to make her plate does evoke the same feeling. You have to ask something like "if another man gave her money" which is something traditionally people believe Men should be the providers
  • THEsweetheart92THEsweetheart92 Posts: 1,089
    edited April 2010
    Sure lol i'll be dat

okaaayyyy. ; )
  • Conscious_NkechiConscious_Nkechi Posts: 257
    edited April 2010
    dusouljah wrote: »
    funny marley is being funny again.. lmao....

What???
    You calling me funny?? Like Im not capable of coming to the conclusion that I am smack down hilarious?? Are you insulting my ability to think??
  • BEAMBEAM Posts: 2,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Wait... People are so insecure that they take another person making a plate for their S/O disrespectful?

A lot of you need to grow up, real talk.

People catch feelings every chance they get.
  • Simma IISimma II Posts: 787
    edited April 2010
    What???
    You calling me funny?? Like Im not capable of coming to the conclusion that I am smack down hilarious?? Are you insulting my ability to think??

Yes....yes, he is
  • caddo mancaddo man You cant @ me bro Posts: 15,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Naya wrote: »
    This thread is making me really hungry...

pizza 5 dollars dominoes
  • DWODWO ♪♫♪ I was down 40, now I'm up 50. Posts: 49,991 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    What???

you show me an extremely intelligent person, i'll show an extrmely funny person...

u show me an extremely funny person, i'll show you an extremely intelligent person..

they're one of the same.....
  • Focal PointFocal Point Kushite descent... wandering child from Meru of Old Posts: 13,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    BEAM wrote: »
    Wait... People are so insecure that they take another person making a plate for their S/O disrespectful?

lol dog this has been going on for generations... this isn't brand new and the young/old know this game fairly well
  • lady_clady_c Posts: 201
    edited April 2010
    girl even while you were gone folks still thru the term voodoo around in threads

lol

lol @ it being ic terminology. i shoulda trademarked that shit.
  • isayasisayas Posts: 2,989 ✭✭
    edited April 2010

SMH, I know right. They need to get over the traditional shits, but they're not cuz they are used to seein' Mama and Grandma doin' for their family.
  • MsSouthernMsSouthern Posts: 15,723 Regulator
    edited April 2010

do you have a girlfriend or wife?
  • jackthemackjackthemack Posts: 11,494 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010

Yo Tay Zonday get the fuck outta here with that son. This IS grown people shit
    edited April 2010
    Simma II wrote: »
    Yes....yes, he is

Are you coming up in here insulting my comprehension skills? Are you REEEAAALLLY testing my ability to sense your sarcastic tone? You think I don't know what he's saying? Did I ask you to spell it out for me? I have an independent frame of mind and don't you question it, brother SIMMA...................Braaaaaat!
  • sTaY_TrUesTaY_TrUe Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010

yup, its really just insecurity
  • Focal PointFocal Point Kushite descent... wandering child from Meru of Old Posts: 13,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    Focal waz good my G.. You see this BS?.. Shoutout to all the real woman out there..

yeah... kinda threw me off because I thought it was universal through all generations... lol maybe we just getting old
  • Fundz O' PlentyFundz O' Plenty Posts: 10,382
    edited April 2010
    caddo man wrote: »
    pizza 5 dollars dominoes

Borke nigga post... smfh....
  • longmeatlongmeat Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    lmao, ayo u funny as shit.. weren't u just complaining earlier today that this woman doesn't exsist cuz we ain't in the 1600's or some shit like that?

smh nigga why is you cyber stalkin me? go sit your simp ass down in the corner somewhere and go cry about nobody wantin to get married or some shitt
  • ccluvsauccluvsau Posts: 1,852 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    *fixes a to-go plate for all the fellas*

BIG HUG!!!

58501716387be5b8_sf.jpg
    edited April 2010
    isayas wrote: »
    SMH, I know right. They need to get over the traditional shits, but they're not cuz they are used to seein' Mama and Grandma doin' for their family.

where you getting the family thing from? This is about man and woman at a cookout or some type of buffet style or even family style gathering... and the way things usually happen and how women feel territorial about it
  • BEAMBEAM Posts: 2,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Naya wrote: »
    You're trying to rationalize it from a man's viewpoint. We women know 9 times out of 10 the intentions are not pure. THAT is disrespect.
    Usually I don't even trip over shit like this though...my man knows whats up, plus I got more important things to be pissed at

Yes, you do have more important things to be pissed at.
    Yo Tay Zonday get the fuck outta here with that son. This IS grown people shit

Nah, it's childish shit, son.
    do you have a girlfriend or wife?

Not currently. Keeping things simple.
    But I have had plenty of girlfriends.
    What's your pointexactly?
    edited April 2010
    you show me an extremely intelligent person, i'll show an extrmely funny person...

u show me an extremely funny person, i'll show you an extremely intelligent person..

they're one of the same.....

Are you telling me I can be intelligent and funny all at the same time?
    Are you reaaaalllly provoking my genius just to belittle my ability to stand on my own like you know me! I got my own, and his and hers too.
    Don't you be trying to tell me I can multi task, I know I can be more than one thing at once! *snaps neck back into place*
  • hummingbirdhummingbird Posts: 2,341 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    CASH RULES wrote: »
    you know why they used to pull out chairs for women back in the day right?

its because women weren't allowed to sit unless a man invited them to.

That may have been the original intent, but it evolved into a chivalrous gesture
    The reasoning the majority of men do it now is not to say "I'M A MAN, HEAR ME ROAR."
    When a man does it for me now, I sit. We are both about to sit and eat so should I tell him "Hold on, back up buddy, Im capable of doing it myself!! *Braaat Braaat*, I'm Independent, *Braaaat Braaat*. Don't you go ahead thinking that I can only sit when you invite me to sucka.....*Braaat Braaat*.
    I'm Marley.....I do what I want.......BRAAAAAT"
    *dead* Marley is on a roll today
    isayas wrote: »

If this works for me and my relationship why do we need to get over it? Im not forcing anyone to believe in things I believe in, nor am I trying to change any man into it to be with me. I found one that believes the samethings I do, so jsut why does it need to change if it works for us and we are happy and prosperous?
  • DWODWO ♪♫♪ I was down 40, now I'm up 50. Posts: 49,991 Regulator
    edited April 2010

beam...u don't believe in none of this stuff anyway...so why even comment with that tone?

it's not immature, it's not about catching feelings, it's about established gender roles in relationships.. something you have already stated many times you don't believe in or understand the signifigance in...

, it's about what areas of a romatic relationshi couples take pride in.. this is not someinthg anyone can "grow out of"..
  • isayasisayas Posts: 2,989 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    c1up wrote: »
    where you getting the family thing from? This is about man and woman at a cookout or some type of buffet style or even family style gathering... and the way things usually happen and how women feel territorial about it

Ight, you win. *Hands him the W*
This discussion has been closed.