What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

lol @ Kendrick Lamar takin Bishop Lamont's spot as the West Coast Savior

2»

Replies

• El PayasoEl Payaso Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    I like Kendrick Lamar and he dominates that song off the RED album
  • CoolJoeCoolJoe Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Section.80 is pretty damn tough.
  • goodlookinoutgoodlookinout You Bitch You Posts: 5,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Kendrick dope. stop throwing labels around and let homie make his music
    Crenshaw-Los-Angeles-T-Shirts---Crewnecks---Hoodie-T-Shirts.jpg

• RuffDraftRuffDraft Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    West coast was sayin Bishop Lamont had next then Kendrick dropped one mixtape and is suddenly heralded as the next West Coast Messiah.

These West Coast buffoons can't seem to make up their minds as to who they want to carry the torch, most of them are trend-jumping media stooges.

One mixtape? He's had three under the name k.dot and three under the name Kendrick Lamar. They're barely mix tapes as well, they're pretty much albums but are labelled as EP's (the three under Kendrick Lamar's Government name, at least).

Read up on him in The Essence, he's the Artist of the Month.
    Favourite Albums of 2013/Essence Threads:
    Ugly Heroes - Ugly Heroes LP
    TheEssenceSigcopy-1.gif
  • andre_1024andre_1024 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Bishop was/is dope, but i dont remember anybody callin him the savior..he was always kinda in the background when the New West was brought up..
  • MC The RapperMC The Rapper Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Kendrick can rap the 1st time I heard was on Blackwallstreet Journal Vol.1. . Now he can rap , his vocals are shit tho, and the 5 songs I heard from (Michael Jordan,Reagan Era,Hi Power, Hol up,ADHD,Rigamotis) 3 of the 5 songs he was biting . Now i have heard him on features and he kills them but he still hasn't impressed me enough for me to say he dope like that he okay.
  • soul rattlersoul rattler Chief Petty Officer of the Ill Community Naval Command HOOYAHPosts: 18,626 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    I'm from Chicago and think section 80 was dope as hell

I think Kendrick might be here to stay. The kid is ill.
    do you understand what im getting at?? WHAT WHITE PPL THINK, AND WHAT THEY DEFINE THINGS AS IS NOT THE STANDARD YOU SHOULD BE GOING BY. That is of course, if you are not mentally defeated by the complex of white supremacy, where everything whites do is the "right" way, where having straight hair and lightskin is "beautiful" but dark skin and nappy hair is "ugly"
    You're doing it wrong. You take one and really fuck them up; make an example to the other kids. Like grab the small bitch and gouge her eyes out with your thumbs. Then curb stomp her.
    Wiggars

I'm too militant
    For you shithead crakkka hoes
    I hope you all die
  • soul rattlersoul rattler Chief Petty Officer of the Ill Community Naval Command HOOYAHPosts: 18,626 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    smh @ hearing "Rigamortis" and not being impressed. Fuck outta here with that bullshit.
    do you understand what im getting at?? WHAT WHITE PPL THINK, AND WHAT THEY DEFINE THINGS AS IS NOT THE STANDARD YOU SHOULD BE GOING BY. That is of course, if you are not mentally defeated by the complex of white supremacy, where everything whites do is the "right" way, where having straight hair and lightskin is "beautiful" but dark skin and nappy hair is "ugly"
    You're doing it wrong. You take one and really fuck them up; make an example to the other kids. Like grab the small bitch and gouge her eyes out with your thumbs. Then curb stomp her.
    Wiggars

I'm too militant
    I hope you all die
    edited August 2011
    smh @ hearing "Rigamortis" and not being impressed. Fuck outta here with that bullshit.

you have heard niggas spit fire before right
    edited August 2011
    you have heard niggas spit fire before right

I don't know where you're going with this question, but Rigamortis was what finally convinced me that Kendrick is a dope rapper... then I checked out the rest of his music. Before then, I had only heard Hiipower, which I didn't really care for.

Anyway, I question your capacity to appreciate good artistry if you can sit there with a straight face and say Rigamortis isn't impressive.
    Wiggars

I'm too militant
    I hope you all die
    edited August 2011
    I don't know where you're going with this question, but Rigamortis was what finally convinced me that Kendrick is a dope rapper... then I checked out the rest of his music. Before then, I had only heard Hiipower, which I didn't really care for.

Anyway, I question your capacity to appreciate good artistry if you can sit there with a straight face and say Rigamortis isn't impressive.

He rap don't he supposed to be able to spit.
  • CJCJ Posts: 15,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Smh @ this "savior" shit

That's where niggas go wrong

Call him dope & be done with it
  • PLASTIC RULESPLASTIC RULES Posts: 1,535 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Remember when niggas was sayin Knocturnal was gonna bring the west bacc?
  • Triple B'sTriple B's Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    i thought is was kinda mediocre. The production didn't move me. but lamar is a good artists

Liked the flow of the album. Kush and Corithians is nuts.... think the mixtape itself is slept on
  • birdcallavelibirdcallaveli Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    what happened to hitman?
2»