What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

A Flower Like Me

Azekiel-HorizonAzekiel-Horizon Posts: 12
edited September 2011 in Waiting To Exhale
A wild flower of life
is nodding to its fall.
Waving leafy white flags
to the blue
for self - destruction
is blossoming
in a tainted
field of view
where self pruning occurs.
For the object
of its affection
didn't return
good vibrations.
Causing an allergic reaction
to a stripped
common daisy
whose plucked pages
are reduced to ashes.
The coping mechanism
of choice for
a self-loathing sprout
that isn't growing out
but slowly withering
from within

Replies

• TupacfanTupacfan Posts: 2,423 Regulator
    edited September 2011
    This was a nice poem... definitely felt.. I remember wriiting one of my jawns similar to this..

I thought this was a reflective jawn too..

thank you for sharing, and please continue to share with us.. i'm reading.. Belee that!
  • MeTaLMeTaL Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Nice poem.
    人々は外の広い世界を知っ決して、自分の狭い経験によって物事を判断するために満足していま
    ms.jones wrote: »
    As for the black man...he can be one of the hardest, most heart-wrenching person to love and cherish...but the love that he gives makes it all worthwhile...his skin, his back, his character, and his soul is what makes me love him for all eternity...be him right or be him wrong, I am his rib, and his wisdom...to forsake him is to be my death. I love him, because he is me.
    :-) :-)
    ms.jones wrote: »
    Mannnnn listen, he's feeling like a bum ass nigga, and wants to release those feelings of aintshitness. He spent his whole tax return on some other broad's kid (s), and now he feel like shit for not doing right by his own flesh and blood.

He wants you to bring babygirl to Subway so he can take a few pics and post them shits on Facebook with the caption 'Had lunch with my #1lady. #Daddydaughterday'

Psssh, you already know what it is. I'd take a picture of the back of my baby's head and be like 'We looking past you.'

grwJXrX.jpg

tumblr_n0p241uQ0Y1rkxks9o1_500.png
    tumblr_mjiettCibc1rju5cqo1_250.gif
    4556.gif
    icecoldchampagne.gifc1.jpg
    tumblr_m9h3qkWE2l1ruz6zso1_500.gif
  • VSOPVSOP Posts: 195 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    very nice read-different from most posts I've read on here but a good change of pace

short and straight to the point...exact opposite of every poem I've ever wrote lol