What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

R.A. should be banned from radio stations

just.might.b.okjust.might.b.ok Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in The Essence
everybody that knows R.A. knows about the Mayweather incident, but check this one:
Lol
Judge a man by his character and not by his wealth
A real G, i never kissed niggas or shot myself
Gangsta Gibbs
coldgratefulacaciarat.gif
500full-charlie-sweets.jpg
«1

Replies

  • RuffDraftRuffDraft Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    psychothug wrote: »
    Why did'nt you post this in the reason this comic gold?

    Because RA The Rugged Man is an independent artist.

    Props on the vid, I'm checking it now :tu

    *EDIT* :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

    I don't agree with either of them fully; but I can definitely see RA's issue with this DJ.

    LOL @ The pause between the questions…

    'All you do is claim NY sh*t' LOL

    This is the greatest interview of all time!!!

    'Legitimate hip hop' - RA

    'It's not selling' - DJ

    'Who gives a fuck!?' - RA LOL

    Good interview, but at the same time, there's a place for everything and I really don't think two 30+ year olds should be debating like this on the radio - definitely agree with thread title.
    Favourite Albums of 2013/Essence Threads:
    Ugly Heroes - Ugly Heroes LP
    TheEssenceSigcopy-1.gif
  • just.might.b.okjust.might.b.ok Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    yeah i dont agree with RA either
    Judge a man by his character and not by his wealth
    A real G, i never kissed niggas or shot myself
    Gangsta Gibbs
    coldgratefulacaciarat.gif
    500full-charlie-sweets.jpg
  • stupot0607stupot0607 Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Haha that gave me a headache, i can see where R.A the Rugged man is coming from, Kinda claiming that the DJ's knowledge is out of a hip hop history book.

    The DJ's voice pissed me off though, but R.A should have just shut the fuck up haha.

    i co sign Draft, nobody wants to hear 2 grown men shouting at each other about hip hop back in the day.
  • stupot0607stupot0607 Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Heres the real arguement:

    If somebody (a hip hop head) doesnt like a classic traditional hip hop song like "the message" by grandmaster flash & Furious 5. his credibility gets questioned.

    And some 13 year old fake gangster kid who's got a Eminem & a 50 cent cd and one song "the message".

    He can easily call the hip hop head out cause he doesnt like what should be liked. Although the hip hop head supports artists who are more hip hop than the pop rappers he listens 2.


    im using the message cause they did, i love that song haha. im trying to think of a hip hop song i personally dont like which everybody likes......

    im not a massive fan of Fight for your right to party by the beasties for instance (although im a fan of their album to the 5 boroughs).....
  • dan_the_man.comdan_the_man.com Posts: 701
    edited October 2011
    iz he arguing wit rude jude? that cat frum the jenny jones show?
  • dwade206dwade206 Posts: 11,547 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    RA is one of those Hip Hop purist that criticizes the fuck out of everything if it went platinum. I'm from NY myself, but this RA mawfucka got that NY cock all up in his throat.
    Bustin a new nut on @R.D's moms collarbone everyday.
  • RuffDraftRuffDraft Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    yeah i dont agree with RA either

    He's off on one; he'd be better off thinking before speaking because he's on the right lines, but they both just start talking idiotic drifting thoughts… shame because the topic itself is strong and should be debated, as well as this, I'm just glad someone's speaking out. Besides that, Kanye is by far and away a more talented artist than most of the artists who are 'rappers' in the charts. It was a poor example for me.
    stupot0607 wrote: »
    Heres the real arguement:

    If somebody (a hip hop head) doesnt like a classic traditional hip hop song like "the message" by grandmaster flash & Furious 5. his credibility gets questioned.

    And some 13 year old fake gangster kid who's got a Eminem & a 50 cent cd and one song "the message".

    He can easily call the hip hop head out cause he doesnt like what should be liked. Although the hip hop head supports artists who are more hip hop than the pop rappers he listens 2.

    im using the message cause they did, i love that song haha. im trying to think of a hip hop song i personally dont like which everybody likes......

    im not a massive fan of Fight for your right to party by the beasties for instance (although im a fan of their album to the 5 boroughs).....

    I understand what you're saying with the argument… I think it'd be hard to find someone who doesn't dig The Message, but at the same time, the people who question someone's knowledge when they're 'hip hop' are stupid. For instance, my knowledge of Outkast is lacking in comparison to most heads, but that doesn't mean I'm not a head, just means that I haven't delved there yet (although I have listened to their releases).

    The Beasties is a great example, I don't like that track either, or Jump Around whoever did that record. But I do like some of the Beasties stuff. Most def.
    Favourite Albums of 2013/Essence Threads:
    Ugly Heroes - Ugly Heroes LP
    TheEssenceSigcopy-1.gif
  • traestartraestar Atlantic City, NJPosts: 6,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    R.A. is already banned from radio stations, lol!!

  • traestartraestar Atlantic City, NJPosts: 6,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Classic interview!!

    Ok...regardless of its pop appeal, Hammer and Kanye is still hip hop but both are more on the pop feel than anything...so both R.A. and Rude are off!

    Another thing, I love R.A.'s argument that rude jude was naming rappers that sold records on the mainstream! I'd be honest and say that I've also loved those records/videos too but there's plenty of talent thats not shown out there! I fully back up R.A. on this one, because thats the main thing I've always said to even my friends. Not taking away from Kanye and MC Hammer and what they bring to the table, but record sales doesn't always = talent. Kanye represents hip hop IMO!

    And yea that "get off NY's dick" shit is a cop out...it could be true that NY does play favoritism but still there's plenty of talent out there all over and even R.A. told him that! There's plenty of talent in the underground, but its more of finding your taste than just trying to find the best out there, its so big every UG head has their own opinion! Not taking away from the mainstream artists too, but if you wanna talk about the hardest tho, people know where they are. Mainstream now you don't really see that much variety there, if that very small.

  • traestartraestar Atlantic City, NJPosts: 6,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    sboogie wrote: »
    RA was right about 99% of what he was saying...
    I actually had a similar more pleasant discussion after watching the Tribe Documentary...
    there are "hip hop" fans who were only familiar with certain movements and elements of the culture so their definition of what hip hop is and should be is skewed...
    if u grew up thinking that Hammer was authentic hip hop, u were misguided...
    he was more hip hop influenced than C &C Music Factory, but at the end of the day hes in the same category as them and Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch...
    it was pop/dance music with rapping... there is a difference between hip hop that u can dance to and pop music with hip hop elements...

    And with that said, Kanye was hip hop, but as soon as he got into the mainstream appeal, his music started to turn pop w/ hip hop elements. I had this same argument with my Spitkicker friends about Black Eyed Peas and how they came from a hip hop background...now they're ALL POP!

  • gnsgns Bleeding 24/7 Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    ummmm, i just saw porn
  • traestartraestar Atlantic City, NJPosts: 6,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    gns wrote: »
    ummmm, i just saw porn

    lol, yea the visual representation of it is classic IMO!!!

  • RuffDraftRuffDraft Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    sboogie wrote: »
    RA was right about 99% of what he was saying...
    I actually had a similar more pleasant discussion after watching the Tribe Documentary...
    there are "hip hop" fans who were only familiar with certain movements and elements of the culture so their definition of what hip hop is and should be is skewed...
    if u grew up thinking that Hammer was authentic hip hop, u were misguided...
    he was more hip hop influenced than C &C Music Factory, but at the end of the day hes in the same category as them and Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch...
    it was pop/dance music with rapping... there is a difference between hip hop that u can dance to and pop music with hip hop elements...

    Definitely agree with this in terms of the elements…

    It's a shame because there are a lot of people who don't research to understand hip hop from its essence and therefore their misconstrued image of hip hop and its beginnings and subsequent years falter due to ignorance and the understanding that they know 'everything'.

    What makes me feel apart from hip hop is the relationship that artists have with it; it's their life. To me, hip hop was half of my life as a teen. I would play it 5 hours a day whilst the rest of my day was filled with sport in-between studies.

    Nowadays, hip hop accounts for 10% of my life, with work filling 80% and the other 10% going to daily chores and seeing friends. The point where emcee's break down out of love for hip hop; I only feel as though I sample that love, even though I wish hip hop was of as much importance to me as it was when I was a teen.

    And I agree with Trae that Kanye (particularly on 808's) flipped it and went pop. But I think Kanye's essence is hip hop just as much as anyone else, his production for Common on Be to his collaborations with all the ex-Rawkus camp put him in a safe place where hip hop is concerned, IMO.

    At the same time, as much as RA was on the right side of the argument, he wasn't doing a good job of speaking in a way that would have rationally bodied the DJ. The moments of silence in the video kinda left both dwindling.
    Favourite Albums of 2013/Essence Threads:
    Ugly Heroes - Ugly Heroes LP
    TheEssenceSigcopy-1.gif
  • RuffDraftRuffDraft Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    sboogie wrote: »
    everything I do in life will have the spirit of hip hop infused into it...
    when I give a presentation I include a hip hop quotable in my power point...
    when I write papers, I approach it from a hip hop perspective(conflict)...
    so while I dont freestyle in the park or record shop like I used to as a youngin, hip hop will always be a part of my life...

    Lol @ the thought of me quoting hip hop to the kids in my school, although they did perform K'Naan in the school concert lol.
    Favourite Albums of 2013/Essence Threads:
    Ugly Heroes - Ugly Heroes LP
    TheEssenceSigcopy-1.gif
  • traestartraestar Atlantic City, NJPosts: 6,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    Definitely agree with this in terms of the elements…

    It's a shame because there are a lot of people who don't research to understand hip hop from its essence and therefore their misconstrued image of hip hop and its beginnings and subsequent years falter due to ignorance and the understanding that they know 'everything'.

    What makes me feel apart from hip hop is the relationship that artists have with it; it's their life. To me, hip hop was half of my life as a teen. I would play it 5 hours a day whilst the rest of my day was filled with sport in-between studies.

    Nowadays, hip hop accounts for 10% of my life, with work filling 80% and the other 10% going to daily chores and seeing friends. The point where emcee's break down out of love for hip hop; I only feel as though I sample that love, even though I wish hip hop was of as much importance to me as it was when I was a teen.

    And I agree with Trae that Kanye (particularly on 808's) flipped it and went pop. But I think Kanye's essence is hip hop just as much as anyone else, his production for Common on Be to his collaborations with all the ex-Rawkus camp put him in a safe place where hip hop is concerned, IMO.

    At the same time, as much as RA was on the right side of the argument, he wasn't doing a good job of speaking in a way that would have rationally bodied the DJ. The moments of silence in the video kinda left both dwindling.


    One thing tho about R.A. and many other rappers is that many are not great speakers and debaters, radio personalities kinda have alittle of that edge. the moments of silence didn't bother me tho, I think they were catching their breath every once in a while

  • skeepskeep Posts: 298
    edited October 2011
    That dj is lame. His voice is horrible. I agree with RA for the most part but HIPHOP is made up of all kinds of sub genres...while I don't like Hammer..some do...so that is there HIPHOP I guess. Whatever. It was a lame argument. I love that RA is so passionate about what he believes in and isnt afraid to say what he thinks like some other pussys.
  • RuffDraftRuffDraft Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    traestar wrote: »
    One thing tho about R.A. and many other rappers is that many are not great speakers and debaters, radio personalities kinda have alittle of that edge. the moments of silence didn't bother me tho, I think they were catching their breath every once in a while

    Yeah, I think he definitely has a radio personality though lol.
    skeep wrote: »
    That dj is lame. His voice is horrible. I agree with RA for the most part but HIPHOP is made up of all kinds of sub genres...while I don't like Hammer..some do...so that is there HIPHOP I guess. Whatever. It was a lame argument. I love that RA is so passionate about what he believes in and isnt afraid to say what he thinks like some other pussys.

    I agree, always good to see someone to stand up, just think that where he is coming from is the right place, so if he voiced it more intellectually, he could be a real voice on the radio, rather than good entertainment.
    Favourite Albums of 2013/Essence Threads:
    Ugly Heroes - Ugly Heroes LP
    TheEssenceSigcopy-1.gif
  • traestartraestar Atlantic City, NJPosts: 6,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    skeep wrote: »
    That dj is lame. His voice is horrible. I agree with RA for the most part but HIPHOP is made up of all kinds of sub genres...while I don't like Hammer..some do...so that is there HIPHOP I guess. Whatever. It was a lame argument. I love that RA is so passionate about what he believes in and isnt afraid to say what he thinks like some other pussys.

    And R.A. voiced his feelings on hiphop topics MANY times, look for R.A. the Rugged Man thread somewhere on the Essence!
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    Yeah, I think he definitely has a radio personality though lol.

    I agree, always good to see someone to stand up, just think that where he is coming from is the right place, so if he voiced it more intellectually, he could be a real voice on the radio, rather than good entertainment.

    HAHAH

    But yea like ya'll said, WE understand where R.A. is coming from!

  • RuffDraftRuffDraft Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    traestar wrote: »
    And R.A. voiced his feelings on hiphop topics MANY times, look for R.A. the Rugged Man thread somewhere on the Essence!

    HAHAH

    But yea like ya'll said, WE understand where R.A. is coming from!

    Yeah, some good videos in the RA thread here.

    Yeah, most definitely, think this is a classic moment though, I'll recall this in the future lol.
    Favourite Albums of 2013/Essence Threads:
    Ugly Heroes - Ugly Heroes LP
    TheEssenceSigcopy-1.gif
  • The 3mceeThe 3mcee Posts: 588
    edited October 2011
    Man this shit got me laughing. Kanye is Hip Hop and so was Hammer and Hip Hop now days is Pop music, unfortunately. Then R.A. said that Will Smith was Hip Hop and then crossed over and so Kanye is kinda the same. I like R.A. but I can't agree with him on this.
  • traestartraestar Atlantic City, NJPosts: 6,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    The 3mcee wrote: »
    Man this shit got me laughing. Kanye is Hip Hop and so was Hammer and Hip Hop now days is Pop music, unfortunately. Then R.A. said that Will Smith was Hip Hop and then crossed over and so Kanye is kinda the same. I like R.A. but I can't agree with him on this.

    In terms of Will Smith, he means lyrically! For Kanye on the lyrical level, at least for me, is suspect if he's actually writing his own!

    But Will can do all the family safe movies and all but when it comes to spitting, he turns into the Fresh Prince.

  • The 3mceeThe 3mcee Posts: 588
    edited October 2011
    traestar wrote: »
    In terms of Will Smith, he means lyrically! For Kanye on the lyrical level, at least for me, is suspect if he's actually writing his own!

    But Will can do all the family safe movies and all but when it comes to spitting, he turns into the Fresh Prince.


    Will Smith doesn't even write though. LOL. I mean earlier in his career he did but he still was about in the same vein as Kanye in my humble opinion. Kanye has gotten a whole lot better over time but he still ain't messing with the heavy weight emcees just like Will Smith back in the day. he wasn't in the same league as Big Daddy Kane, G Rap, Rakim or KRS one
  • traestartraestar Atlantic City, NJPosts: 6,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    The 3mcee wrote: »
    Will Smith doesn't even write though. LOL. I mean earlier in his career he did but he still was about in the same vein as Kanye in my humble opinion. Kanye has gotten a whole lot better over time but he still ain't messing with the heavy weight emcees just like Will Smith back in the day. he wasn't in the same league as Big Daddy Kane, G Rap, Rakim or KRS one

    But then look at that time and look at now.

    I heard from people Will had people write for him, but its rumors. Rhymefest got shine for being Kanye's writer!

  • NothingButTheTruthNothingButTheTruth stew Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Kanye is definitely hip-hop, and he raps way better than RA ever will.
  • stupot0607stupot0607 Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Kanye is definitely hip-hop, and he raps way better than RA ever will.

    RA has the greatest ever verse in hip hop.......
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.