What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Who's Your Favorite Underground Artist/ Producer Duo?

newyorkkennewyorkken Posts: 7
edited October 2011 in The Essence
Wanted to see if I can spark up some discussion about the often underappreciated underground music circuit. So many of these guys are real talented but just go under the radar to most of the masses.

So as of late, who's your favorite underground artist/producer duo?

For myself, I'm liking what Action Bronson & Statik Selektah got to offer. Bronson's sound is still relatively new but overall his music is real dope. His delivery is witty and his message just speaks to me. & Statik's beats is just real hip hop. Something the games been missing as of late. I just cant wait for 'Well Done' to drop next month.

Anyway, who yall feeling?

Replies

• Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 52,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Havent heard a lot of Action Bronson. Statik was never that amazing of a producer to me either. hes got some good ones tho.

Mine would either be

Atmosphere ( i know they are a band now)

Blackalicious

Madvillain

Zion I

Reflection Eternal

Jaylib
  • SunflowaSeedsSunflowaSeeds Posts: 12,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Good choice. I can't wait for that 'Well Done' either.

As of this moment I'd probably say when Evidence spits over Alchemist production.

Chief Keef does NOT like fake shoes.
  • stupot0607stupot0607 Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Atmosphere

Blu & Exile

Fashawn & Exile

Madvillian

Brother Ali & Ant

Ev & Alchemist

Kweli & Hi Tek
  • SilverfoxxxSilverfoxxx Posts: 1,066
    edited October 2011
    two words. COVERT COUPE. Classic underrated mixtape
  • newyorkkennewyorkken Posts: 7
    edited October 2011
    @Silverfoxxx

Spitta & Alchemist is definitely a tough duo. Cant even front. I know Trademark & Roddy got 'Jet Life' droppin Nov 27 & I heard Curren$y on the single so I'm waiting to hear that. Def gonna be somethin you can roll to
  • RuffDraftRuffDraft Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    newyorkken wrote: »

That's a great track :tu I've only heard Bronson on a few things, but I remember ignoring a lot of what he had to offer as he sounded like Ghostface Killah to me and I just felt like I'd listen to 'Face over someone who sounded similar.

---

As for me, I think Exile with _____.

But soon I think it could be Tonedeff and KNO. We'll see though, won't get carried away.

Nice thread :tu I think all that Lou posted pretty much sums me up though…
    Favourite Albums of 2013/Essence Threads:
    Ugly Heroes - Ugly Heroes LP
    TheEssenceSigcopy-1.gif
  • NuBuumNuBuum Posts: 3
    edited October 2011
    Panacea
    Rapper: Raw Poetic
    Producer: K Murdock

They have a strong discography I suggest you check them out including their work with their band called Restoring Poetry in Music(RPM)

The beat switch on the second verse is the hottest shit I've ever heard in my fuckin life.

K Murdock kills all his beats, Raw Poetic goes off on this.
    Real shit
  • renagade410.renagade410. Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    NuBuum wrote: »
    Panacea
    Rapper: Raw Poetic
    Producer: K Murdock

They have a strong discography I suggest you check them out including their work with their band called Restoring Poetry in Music(RPM)

The beat switch on the second verse is the hottest shit I've ever heard in my fuckin life.

K Murdock kills all his beats, Raw Poetic goes off on this.
    Real shit

gotta co-sign this.....am i the only one who thinks raw poetic sounds like black thought a lil
  • RuffDraftRuffDraft Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Panacea's dope, they were an Essence favourite back in 05/06.

I thought this track was incredible:

But I'm a fan in general, good to see you posting Nubuum :tu

Lol @ Renegade, yeah maybe a less talented Black Thought! Nah, he's definitely got that similar sound in his voice, never thought of that comparison before.
    Favourite Albums of 2013/Essence Threads:
    Ugly Heroes - Ugly Heroes LP
    TheEssenceSigcopy-1.gif
  • ty the greatty the great Posts: 162
    edited October 2011
    Atmosphere, of course.