What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Rhymesayers 2011 Appreciation Thread

andre_1024andre_1024 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in The Essence
Atmosphere, Blueprint, Grieves and Evidence have all put out studio albums in 2011, and they've all been quality albums..Rhymesayers Entertainment always put out great music, and that hasn't changed this year..

Atmosphere-The Family Sign: 3.5/5
Tho this album was not as good as WLGYL imo, it's still a pretty good album..it definitely has some gems on it like Last to Say, I Don't Need Brighter Days, Your Name Here, Something So, If You Can Save Me Now..Slug & Ant continue to add solid albums to their catalog..

Blueprint-Adventures in Counter Culture: 4.5/5
Great album!..I haven't stopped playing this album since I heard it..Production is top notch, has great lyrics and content..definitely in my top 3 albums this year..not really a bad song on this album..favorite tracks are Stole Our Yesterday, Radio-Inactive, The Other Side, The Clouds, Mind Body & Soul, My Culture..

Grieves & Budo-Together/Apart: 4/5
Grieves lays it all on the table, backed by great production that fits perfectly with Grieves lyrics..makes for a solid album..favorite tracks are Lightspeed, Boogie Man, Wild Thing, Heartbreak Hotel, Falling from You

Evidence-Cats & Dogs: 4/5
Evidence continues the Rhymesayers trend of putting out quality music with Cats & Dogs..was very impressed being that I never really got into Evidence..great lyrics along with great production on this album from the Alchemist & DJ Premier..Evidence delivers on his Rhymesayers debut..favorite tracks are Late for the Sky, Red Carpet, You, The Epilogue, It Wasn't Me

Replies

• andre_1024andre_1024 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Something So

Stole Our Yesterday

Wild Thing

Late for the Sky
  • traestartraestar Atlantic City, NJPosts: 6,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Yea Rhymesayers are still one of the top rated indie labels out right now!!

• satyronesatyrone Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    this thread is reall as talk. tho ive lestend to these albums ive been sleeping on them. havent bought them yet.but these are mos def some dope albums
    celica_zpslcitpdd4.jpg
  • stupot0607stupot0607 Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Rhymesayers are the best label around IMO.

I Copped all of the above, Except Blueprint, but thats on the list.....

Atmosphere last release was a little dissapointing, but it was never gonna be as good as WLGYL. Not many albums are that good.

Grieves is dope, not got into it yet though. That lightspeed song is great!

Evidence album lived up to the high expectation.....great release.
  • ty the greatty the great Posts: 162
    edited October 2011
    Haven't peeped the Blueprint album yet, but I probably should. Grieves dropped a great album, Atmosphere have been one of my favorites for years and I for one liked the direction they took on this new album, not perfect, but the live instrumentation was well done and created a backdrop for the album unseen in Hip Hop before, Slug was on his storytelling best just wished he would amp up his flow a bit sometimes, and that Cats & Dogs album is excellent. Great beats and great rhymes. The guests all brought it too. 3 dope releases from the best indie rap label around.
    edited October 2011
    for those who haven't peeped that Blueprint, yall gotta get on it lol..it's a little experimental but it's still a damn good album..
  • IshiIshi "You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger" Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    traestar wrote: »
    Yea Rhymesayers are still one of the top rated indie labels out right now!!

I'd do anything for the high..

rsz_1rsz_1rsz_bwimg_0061_zps7f74bbfc.jpg

• skeepskeep Posts: 298
    edited October 2011
    Best and most consistent label in HIPHOP. They always release quality material and their artists are sincere and true with no bullshit.
  • traestartraestar Atlantic City, NJPosts: 6,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    skeep wrote: »
    Best and most consistent label in HIPHOP. They always release quality material and their artists are sincere and true with no bullshit.

Between them and Mello Music Group

• RuffDraftRuffDraft Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011

That's what really makes them above and beyond any other label; to me, they represent hip hop and never release sub-par albums. They're the one label, similar to QN5, where you can buy an album based off the label. You know it's worth your $$'s.

The Last to Say by Atmosphere is the song of the year, to me, so far.

Great thread :tu
    Favourite Albums of 2013/Essence Threads:
    Ugly Heroes - Ugly Heroes LP
    TheEssenceSigcopy-1.gif
    edited October 2011

• skeepskeep Posts: 298
    edited October 2011
    I also love how Rhymesayers seems to be a real family situation. They don't just take on anyone because they are "hot". It's all connected and that helps maintain the quality.
  • RuffDraftRuffDraft Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    I also love how Rhymesayers seems to be a real family situation. They don't just take on anyone because they are "hot". It's all connected and that helps maintain the quality.

You mean that all the artists end up in their circle before being signed???
    Favourite Albums of 2013/Essence Threads:
    Ugly Heroes - Ugly Heroes LP
    TheEssenceSigcopy-1.gif