Daft Punk/Electronica/House/etc.

AHipHopLoversAHipHopLovers Posts: 175
edited October 2011 in R&B & Alternatives
Ha ha. I've been venturing into electronica at first because a lot of them sounded like instrumentals you can freestyle on. Especially chill electronica. But I've been digging deeper and found groups like Daft Punk, Deadmau5, and The Glitch Mob. Man these guys are killing it. I'm now a full fan. No wonder so many of these rap producers are sampling them.
«13

Replies

  • OuncemanOunceman Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    I hear ya bro. ive been an avid electronic music head for years now. before hip hop producers got a hold of arpegiated synth plugins and started making hollow instrumentals. going off of the people you listed, it seems that you more into the tech/electro house esque electronic music. nothing wrong with that. i prefer the deep/glitch/minimal elctronic stuff. things like this









  • ragerage Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011

    One of my fave electronic tracks....great driving tune.
    unspoken_respect
  • KaiKai evil nerd bitch from hell Posts: 21,446 Regulator
    edited October 2011
    i'm more into eurodance music and house. nothing beats 90s house music
  • dontdiedontkillanyondontdiedontkillanyon Show me some love, you losers. Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    11:11 = Guy Gerber and Diddy. Had this tune in my head for ages.
  • Jabu_RuleJabu_Rule Don't believe the hype Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Classic House\Deep House\Drum N Base\Afro Beat for the win
    king hassan
  • herbalism101herbalism101 Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    FINALLY!!!!! Some open minded folks on The IC!!!! I been down with House Music from the beginning. I got into it around the same time I got into Hip Hop cause they been around for the same amount of time.....I`m a fan of all house music but I`m more down with the Chicago jackin vibe and some Techno with a little bit of the deep and garage....If it`s funky, I`m down!!! The best thing about house jams is that the DJs will play tracks from any year...Old or new school whereas these lame ass Hip Hop/R&B DJs only play what`s new and hot and plays an `old school` set which lasts about 30 mins.....
    (My homie Jason Hodges remixed this....TDOT REPRESENTING!!!)
    MY FAVORITE TRACK RIGHT NOW!!! SO FUCKIN DOPE!!!
    R.I.P AMY!!!
  • Dr.ChemixDr.Chemix Posts: 11,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Check out Chase and Status...they are worldwide famous electronic producers who has produced for artists like Snoop Dogg. They got a good variety of electronic...

    Maybe you can funk out to the Swedish group Royskopp...

    Deadmou5 is official...

    Liquid DNB is funky too

    But everything now is tech step in the DNB department...

    And check out some Paul Oakenfold too...
  • OuncemanOunceman Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    Check out Chase and Status...they are worldwide famous electronic producers who has produced for artists like Snoop Dogg. They got a good variety of electronic...

    Maybe you can funk out to the Swedish group Royskopp...

    Deadmou5 is official...

    Liquid DNB is funky too

    But everything now is tech step in the DNB department...

    And check out some Paul Oakenfold too...


    not really. techstep has gone the way of the dinosaur. dj's like ed rush and optical and trace are few and far in between among todays new crop of dj's. and the few techstep dj's left like panacea and black sun empire are all producing neurofunk.
    alot of today's drum n bass has actually gotten progressively more intricate as far as drum patterns are concerned. with the rise of skullstep, glitch n bass, and breakcore, drum n bass is being pushed to its creative limitations with people like current value, silent killer, donny, gein, and limewax
  • Dr.ChemixDr.Chemix Posts: 11,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Ounceman wrote: »
    not really. techstep has gone the way of the dinosaur. dj's like ed rush and optical and trace are few and far in between among todays new crop of dj's. and the few techstep dj's left like panacea and black sun empire are all producing neurofunk.
    alot of today's drum n bass has actually gotten progressively more intricate as far as drum patterns are concerned. with the rise of skullstep, glitch n bass, and breakcore, drum n bass is being pushed to its creative limitations with people like current value, silent killer, donny, gein, and limewax

    Da bolded I fux wit...

    But nothing signature like ed rush and optical...once their track comes on, you know its them...

    I prefer drum n bass though I'm open to new sounds...but shit I've been out of the loop...

    U stumpd a nigga with the skullstep name drop...gotta polly with my DJ, she's knows about that shit probably...

    And yea...Noisia is my shit too...

    Where the fuck is Dieselboy? Shouldn't he be dropping an album?

    Trancegiving is going down to next month...shit is about to be bananas...

    Good look on da schooling b...
  • OuncemanOunceman Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    Da bolded I fux wit...

    But nothing signature like ed rush and optical...once their track comes on, you know its them...

    I prefer drum n bass though I'm open to new sounds...but shit I've been out of the loop...

    U stumpd a nigga with the skullstep name drop...gotta polly with my DJ, she's knows about that shit probably...

    And yea...Noisia is my shit too...

    Where the fuck is Dieselboy? Shouldn't he be dropping an album?

    Trancegiving is going down to next month...shit is about to be bananas...

    Good look on da schooling b...


    O yea no problem fam. just glad i can find a fellow dnb head. but yea id def. check some of the artists ive mentioned. specifcally gein. they blow my mind with almost every new track they come out with. and dieselboy should be the dnb standard. last time i saw him was actually at the ultra music festival that just passed in miami. he was spinning a set with tech itch and planet of the drums. he's suppose to be coming with a new compilation soon. not sure when the exact release date is for it though
  • Dr.ChemixDr.Chemix Posts: 11,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Ounceman wrote: »
    O yea no problem fam. just glad i can find a fellow dnb head. but yea id def. check some of the artists ive mentioned. specifcally gein. they blow my mind with almost every new track they come out with. and dieselboy should be the dnb standard. last time i saw him was actually at the ultra music festival that just passed in miami. he was spinning a set with tech itch and planet of the drums. he's suppose to be coming with a new compilation soon. not sure when the exact release date is for it though

    word! yea I copped that new tech itch ep...I fux with "Confession Sequence". So possibly that shit is uploaded somewhere(dieselboy set with tech itch and planet of the drums)? Time for me to do some research. And hopefully that shit is soon...need that Dboy fix...plus I love his intros yo...put you right into the zone. They should have had Dieselboy on the Essential Mix already IMO.

    I'm definitely going to start youtubing your suggestions now...good look b...

    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJJtk1Mn65Oqe4pWufdaS3VqozEolxISCyvEdIYSTjVocDKbkLniHTgMK0

    ^can't wait for the party...though I don't fuck wit trance like that...I'm pretty sure I will get into it that night though
  • AHipHopLoversAHipHopLovers Posts: 175
    edited October 2011
    Man y'all schooling a brother. I got much research to do. Much respect to the input. By the way I've got to give credit where it's due. Diddy and Dirty Money with Last Train to Paris was definitely an influence. Talk about blending the music we talking about with hip hop and R&B. That album is a near classic. I highly recommend it.
  • Dr.ChemixDr.Chemix Posts: 11,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Man y'all schooling a brother. I got much research to do. Much respect to the input. By the way I've got to give credit where it's due. Diddy and Dirty Money with Last Train to Paris was definitely an influence. Talk about blending the music we talking about with hip hop and R&B. That album is a near classic. I highly recommend it.

    word? I had a feeling that album would be dope but I never got around to peeping it...good look on da info

    And yea, if you're looking for some DJ mixes...look for Essential Mixes on BBC's Radio 1. The host is Pete Tong and usually have an electronic artist on hosting the show. High Contrast (if you get into the UK sound of DNB) Noisia (breaks, dubstep etc) and Teebee (darker DNB) are just some to appear on the show and do an hour mix set...

    Maybe you fuck with some of Ladytron's music?

    Here's a couple of drops

    A Guy Named Gerald "First Breath" <---funky, chill ass groove thats like waking up in the morning, knowing life is good

    DJ Rap feat AngelFreQ "Paradise in You" DNB Version <---love the vibe to it

    Agent Alvin "Super Highway" <---if you dig DNB, you will def like this...its like driving a tuner down some tokyo highway at night

    Break "Engima" <--- just funky IMO

    Chase and Status "Havoc" <---def can hear the hip hop influence

    Royksopp "Sparks" <--- funky groove...powerful bass...just put your mind places. Though I hate how the track changes at the end

    Muffler "Mermaids"

    Dieselboy The Dungeon Master's Guide "Intro" <--- Peep this intro kid, its sick!! Got the dude who does Optimus Prime voice on the intro...pulls you into the zone nicely

    Teebee "Let Go" <--- this track has been played in many DNB sets. Love the sound, thunderous kicks with some vocals intelligently placed

    Lynx feat. Kemo "Global Enemies" <---this is my joint yo...love the hook, reflect regroup reject reboot recall respond

    Sinistesr Soul "Critical Reject"
  • It's been a while, but appreciate the drops. I hope I hear about them in the future. Also if I hadn't said it already, check Drink the Sea by The Glitch Mob. The album is real good.

    And yeah that Last Train to Paris is dope. I bumped it again not too long ago.
  • satyronesatyrone Posts: 4,589 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dope thread been into electronic music since the 90s but ive been a hardcore junglist since 95. im also a dj but spining since 2000. been doing mostly drun n bass but in 2005 i stated spining dubstep. i do more of the pure sound not the bullshit thats out.but yea dope thread here is some shit im feeling.











  • Cool. Nice to have some more new music in the mix.
  • i fiti fit Posts: 920
    Don't like the genre but Daft Punk's Discovery album is one of the best albums I've ever heard.





    AHipHopLovers
  • Cosign I still bump Discovery till this day. Classic album.
  • real_hh_repreal_hh_rep Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    I love Daft Punk. They blended genres into one infectious, unique drop. Their first album is classic.
    AHipHopLoverstha bausereapin505
  • dontdiedontkillanyondontdiedontkillanyon Show me some love, you losers. Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
  • I love Daft Punk. They blended genres into one infectious, unique drop. Their first album is classic.


    Co-sign. I'm a big fan.
  • JDSTAYWITIT.JDSTAYWITIT. .........Call Me On Shiniqua's Phone #GIANTS #2014/2012/2010 #FUCK.KCPosts: 11,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fuck with justice ....that's about it
  • Oh yeah Justice is tight. Especially that MGMT remix they did on that one track Electric Feel -> Electric feel. Man that track is fire. That's a easy replay track.
    JDSTAYWITIT.tha bause
  • dontdiedontkillanyondontdiedontkillanyon Show me some love, you losers. Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
  • infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 29,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I live in Miami so you know the electronica scene is huge down here. Miami Music Week, Ultra, DJs performing at Mansion, LIV etc.
«13
Sign In or Register to comment.