why do people insist on paying more for name brand clothes

Rated RRated R Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭
edited January 2010 in Fashion Forward
that's why most of us will never have successful businesses and what not. we'll always be living paycheck to paycheck. niggas just can't see the big picture. I'm living in a two bedroom apartment. why the fuck would i spend 200 or 300 on some fucking clothes? crazy shit. most niggas still living with they folks.

just a question

Replies

• SunflowaSeedsSunflowaSeeds Posts: 11,878 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Personally i have too much money and i need to get rid of it.
  • DarkGableDarkGable Posts: 477
    edited January 2010
    Niggas stylin on you again?
  • crazychiccrazychic Posts: 179
    edited January 2010

...............................................................................................
  • StewStew Im In My Permanent PRhyme We run this spot like a Chinese sweatshopPosts: 36,284 Regulator
    edited January 2010
    I wear nothing but brand name clothes but Ive never spent 2-300 on some clothes, i buy my shit a piece by piece.
  • Question AuthorityQuestion Authority Posts: 494
    edited January 2010
    I won't lie. I'm shallow. I have to feel fresh, and the only way I will feel fresh is if I have expensive shit.

So if I wanna spend 175$ on a pair of diesel jeans or 250$ on some Kenneth Cole shoes, I'll just have to do that.

Image is everything...and I notice that niggas rile up with envy when they see you have on something that they can't afford. LoL
  • Digicel_womanDigicel_woman Posts: 60
    edited January 2010
    i don't get it...i guess they got money to burn like that
  • Mr. AJMr. AJ Posts: 1,706
    edited January 2010
    Shit I carry my whole household. When I get 300 dollar outfits, one of my hotmamaz brought it
  • ChillaTChillaT Posts: 1,125
    edited January 2010
    Same reason why they want name brand food instead of off brand and a Benz in they driveway that costs more than they house to a certain degree and level we all live beyond our means

even though the crazy thing is with some name brand clothes they're usually made in the same factory as an off brand knockoff but people dont recognize that
  • ShencotheMCShencotheMC KING Posts: 23,948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Only name brand stuff I will pay full retail price on is LRG
  • KINGECKINGEC Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Don't need that chit. Give me a Tee, pants and some nike's and Im straight...
  • SionSion Moderator, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 24,481 Regulator
    edited January 2010
    cuz its the lifestyle n prestige the brands builds off of that makes ppl want to buy it. shit validates niggas/broads that they top line or on some 5 star best of the best shit since they got money now.

cant front tho soon as i get my money up all ima rock is expensive suits, shoes n jeans.
  • hautehaute Posts: 11,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    paying for brand name clothes doesn't equal living paycheck to paycheck

it's called having budget and if you stick to it you can the things you like plus more
  • fiat_moneyfiat_money Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    I don't focus on name brands when buying clothes, but I have noticed that the clothes I do get often end up being from a familiar brand.
  • damobb2deepdamobb2deep Posts: 16,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    i wanna buy a louis rag... dat bytch $600... ima get it 4 my b-day.... but it makes me feel good 2 go in a store and drop hundreds of dollars on shyt.... like it aint shyt....
  • blackrainblackrain Posts: 19,343 Regulator
    edited January 2010
    I won't lie. I'm shallow. I have to feel fresh, and the only way I will feel fresh is if I have expensive shit.

So if I wanna spend 175$ on a pair of diesel jeans or 250$ on some Kenneth Cole shoes, I'll just have to do that.

Image is everything...and I notice that niggas rile up with envy when they see you have on something that they can't afford. LoL

not all niggas rile up w/ envy...some people just don't care about that type of shit...your $175 pair of jeans aren't more noticeable than somebody's $20 pair of jeans...
  • Lege|\|daryLege|\|dary Posts: 474
    edited January 2010
    Wal-mart has some cool clothes
  • fabionbackbitchfabionbackbitch Posts: 720
    edited January 2010
    Uh...because I know how to manage my money? LMAO at thinkin' niggas are living check to check b/c they buy name brand clothing? Step ya bargain game up, step ya coupon code game up, and step ya money game up nigga. Fuck outta here. "That's why we'll never own any successful businesses" Fuck off.
  • usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 35,633 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    What you wear is a reflection of how you feel inside too. I wear name brands because i actually like Ralph Lauren, Hugo Boss,etc and they way their clothes are made and fit. As far as that other shit, i don't see the relation between the liking to wear nice shit and living paycheck to paycheck. There are plenty of people who like dressing nice and are financially responsible
  • fabionbackbitchfabionbackbitch Posts: 720
    edited January 2010
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    What you wear is a reflection of how you feel inside too. I wear name brands because i actually like Ralph Lauren, Hugo Boss,etc and they way their clothes are made and fit. As far as that other shit, i don't see the relation between the liking to wear nice shit and living paycheck to paycheck. There are plenty of people who like dressing nice and are financially responsible

niggas need to stop just looking at end result and look at motives.

The people that say "shit, don't you know how much this outfit costs?" as proof that it looks good(Soulja boi) aren't financially responsible.
    If I like something I'ma cop it. Be it from Target(never wal-mart), Ralph Lauren, Stussy, Lacoste, or any other brand. Niggas need to learn how to ball on a budget.
  • SweetzIsAwesomeSweetzIsAwesome Posts: 462
    edited January 2010
    idk.. but you guys are NOT going to believe this.. the other day I bought not 1 but TWO pair of jeans for 20 dollars.. woot.. I got a feelingggg that tonight's gonna be a good good nighhhht..!!
  • kat2180kat2180 Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Personally i have too much money and i need to get rid of it.

I could help you out with that...
  • xtraillxtraill Posts: 286
    edited January 2010
    ChillaT wrote: »
    Same reason why they want name brand food instead of off brand and a Benz in they driveway that costs more than they house to a certain degree and level we all live beyond our means

even though the crazy thing is with some name brand clothes they're usually made in the same factory as an off brand knockoff but people dont recognize that

I'm sure someone that buys brand name food is buying it because it taste good, unlike someone buying brand name clothes who is doing it for their image.
  • usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 35,633 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    niggas need to stop just looking at end result and look at motives.

The people that say "shit, don't you know how much this outfit costs?" as proof that it looks good(Soulja boi) aren't financially responsible.
    If I like something I'ma cop it. Be it from Target(never wal-mart), Ralph Lauren, Stussy, Lacoste, or any other brand. Niggas need to learn how to ball on a budget.

Didn't you hear me say, i like they way their clothes are made and fit. There is a difference between high end products and some Walmart shit, there are certain things you want to spend good money on and i have no problem with that. I also know how to get deals (Marshalls, TJ Maxx, etc), rarely do i ever go to one of the big department stores.
  • lilhd47lilhd47 Posts: 833
    edited January 2010
    a degree will pay for them clothes ten times over
  • texas409texas409 Posts: 14,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Yall fools better learn how to do it right....i bout 9 shirts and 2 pairs of jeans all name brand online for bout 300 bucks .....i stay winning