Album Review: Nas & Damian Marley - Distant Relatives

Replies

• stupot0607stupot0607 Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    This album is flawless....

Rarely these days you find an album you can play all the way through.

Classic album, Musically and Lyrically amazing.
  • Cabana_Da_DonCabana_Da_Don Posts: 7,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    I had to make myself stop listening to this album because I was killing it when it first came out. But now that I have picked it back, I love it as much if not more than when I first got it. Right now Patience is my favorite track. Damian Marley has some slept on gems on this album because Nas came so hard.

Huh, we born not knowing, are we born knowing all?
    We growing wiser, are we just growing tall?
    Can you read thoughts? can you read palms?
    Huh, can you predict the future? can you see storms, coming?
    The Earth was flat if you went too far you would fall off
    Now the Earth is round if the shape change again everybody woulda start laugh
    The average man can’t prove of most of the things that he chooses to speak of
    And still won’t research and find out the root of the truth that you seek of
    Scholars teach in Universities and claim that they’re smart and cunning
    Tell them find a cure when we sneeze and that’s when their nose start running
    And the rich get stitched up, when we get cut
    Man a heal dem broken bones in the bush with the wed mud
    Can you read signs? can you read stars?
    Can you make peace? can you fight war?
    Can you milk cows, even though you drive cars? huh

Can you survive, Against All Odds, Now?

I think he said ``Can you make cars even though you drive cars.
  • quietaskeptquietaskept Posts: 333 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    I think he said ``Can you make cars even though you drive cars.

lol....copy and paste my dude.
    edited March 2011
    Their website says "milk cows" and I'm not sure I agree with you after listening to the track. The vowel sounds are too different between the two C words for them to be the same word.

http://www.distantrelatives.com/music/all/distant_relatives-1

Oh yeah, I just found this vid on youtube. Didn't even have a clue it had dropped.
  • GoonerGooner Posts: 9,620 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    lol....copy and paste my dude.

u had it right tho...especially if u see the last line
  • Mumo XMumo X Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Distant Relatives is a top 10 record imo, all musik genres. Beyond Classic
  • A.J. TrillzynskiA.J. Trillzynski the IC's Patrick BatemanPosts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Their website says "milk cows" and I'm not sure I agree with you after listening to the track. The vowel sounds are too different between the two C words for them to be the same word.

Oh yeah, I just found this vid on youtube. Didn't even have a clue it had dropped.

dope video! nicely done.. & good drop i didn't know about this
  • DarcSkiesDarcSkies TRUST IN ALLAH BUT TIE UP YOUR CAMEL Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    4.5/5 to me.

My fav track is strong will continue.
  • yaboytheflashhyaboytheflashh Posts: 549
    edited March 2011
    The flaw that holds this back from "Classic" status: To be honest, I was expecting this to be more of a "Rap/Reggae" album. This came off moreso as a Reggae album featuring a rap artist.

would you rather nas had picked out the production? and besides, damian marley singing on more hip hop type beats would've been corny, but nas sounded great on those beats
  • babafryobabafryo Posts: 678 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    the last track ...africa must wake up, patience and count your blessings were the standout tracks for me. my generation was irritating as fuck
  • Conscious__NkechiConscious__Nkechi Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Check the sig. Probably my favorite track on the album.
    edited March 2011

Neither did I.
    <3
    edited March 2011
    goldenja wrote: »
    but why joss stone??
    i woulda rather heard BRANDY on the hook, shit even MARIAH CAREY woulda been better (am i the only one who thinks this)?

no disrespect to joss stone

Mariah Carey??
    Ugh. Please, NO. That would have not worked well at all. Then again, I would have replaced both her along with Wayne.
  • Mister B.Mister B. Still the Devil's #1 Advocate. Come on out that box! Posts: 14,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Much respect to whomever found this video.
    edited March 2011
    Im addicted to this record. I jus cant stop playin it.

Dispear is my shit
  • rip.dillarip.dilla 天道様 Posts: 16,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011

Performance in London, March 31, 2011
  • love yallove yal Posts: 1,327
    edited April 2011
    Haven't heard the Nas and Damian Marely Distant Relatives, I heard it was a good album...do you think the new album is better then his old one?
    Does anyone know anything from new Qb finest 2 and Braveheart sequel album, dropping anytime soon?
    edited April 2011
    New Vid!!!!!!!!!
    edited April 2011
    love yal wrote: »
    Haven't heard the Nas and Damian Marely Distant Relatives, I heard it was a good album...do you think the new album is better then his old one?
    Does anyone know anything from new Qb finest 2 and Braveheart sequel album, dropping anytime soon?

this is a Distant Relative thread kid, aint no one checkin for Bravehearts no more. Nas in a zone right now.

go cop Distant Relatives and i promise you it will be the soundtrack to your life
  • qubonicqubonic Posts: 26
    edited April 2011
    My joints is " As We Enter " & " strong will continue "
  • love yallove yal Posts: 1,327
    edited April 2011
    Mumo X wrote: »
    this is a Distant Relative thread kid, aint no one checkin for Bravehearts no more. Nas in a zone right now.

go cop Distant Relatives and i promise you it will be the soundtrack to your life

Oh my bad...I know...I figure if they was intersting in the Distant Relative..they probly know about Bravehearts....but I hear you its Distant Relative album thread, how many artists are on this album?.....how many videos has he made from Distant Relatives?
    edited April 2011
    love yal wrote: »
    Oh my bad...I know...I figure if they was intersting in the Distant Relative..they probly know about Bravehearts....but I hear you its Distant Relative album thread, how many artists are on this album?.....how many videos has he made from Distant Relatives?

3 vidos so far, the fourth Nah mean video bout to drop anytime soon. Its only stone joss,steph marley,wayne,knaan as the featured guests
  • HurumaHuruma Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    I'm not that into reggae but I like Damian Marley (and Bob Marley, Barrington Levy, Burning Spear,).
    edited April 2011
  • CJCJ Posts: 15,114 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/

Nah' Mean is officially here.

<3

i was just abt to post this!

lol beat me to it...