The Official ATP/WTA Tennis Thread

Replies

• dontdiedontkillanyondontdiedontkillanyon Show me some love, you losers. Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations to Johanna Konta - the first British woman to win the Miami Open

C8WVfcHW0AIXjKq.jpg
    toheeb27Young_Chitlin
  • Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 21,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ¡No contaban con mi astucia!
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I see a lot of people saying they'd "give" family members money.

Thats not what you want to do.

You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

So if you win, don't "give" anybody anything. Set up a trust fund.

Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

AggyAF wrote: »
    Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

hqg-277.gif

toheeb27blue_londondontdiedontkillanyon
  • Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 21,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    France solid team their reserves beat gb

You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

hqg-277.gif

blue_londondontdiedontkillanyon
    edited April 11
    I remember hitting overheads from the baseline in my playing days.. you time the shots right and that's a laser coming back to your opponent. This can be done when the overhead smash from your opponent is weak

hqg-277.gif

• usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 37,720 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the ghost wrote: »
    I mean damn i don't see the big deal, she's the greatest female tennis player and he may be the greatest male player.

Federer lost to Novak and Nadal too many times to be called the greatest but whatever.

Why you acting like Novak and Nadal didn't catch Federer on the backside of his career. It wasn't prime Fed.
    banksy-gifs-graffiti.gif
    I believe in L.O.V.E.......Lots Of Vagina Ev[/b]eryday.
  • blue_londonblue_london Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    France solid team their reserves beat gb

GB is really team Scotland if there's no Andy there no GB
    dontdiedontkillanyon

hqg-277.gif

fortyacresblue_london

I don't get sharapova approach even if what happened was accidental she has to realise everyone has a valid point.
    toheeb27
    Bouchard calling out sharapova is strange may be you should start winning then generate an opinion
  • the ghostthe ghost Craftsman The OthersidePosts: 4,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 29
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    I mean damn i don't see the big deal, she's the greatest female tennis player and he may be the greatest male player.

Federer lost to Novak and Nadal too many times to be called the greatest but whatever.

Why you acting like Novak and Nadal didn't catch Federer on the backside of his career. It wasn't prime Fed.

C'mon bruh, Fed has been pretty much playin at the same level for about 15 years so he's never really looked out of his prime too me.

Plus he's been playin against them for over 10 years(Novak since 06' and Nadal since 04'), Nadal has owned him and Novak got better and better until he was able to beat Fed on a consistent basis.

His only real rival has been Novak, and Fed just won Australia at 35 yrs old, so Fed has never showed a backside of his career in his play, dude is still in his prime like Serena.
  • Elzo69RenaissanceElzo69Renaissance Never selling dreams, always serving cream SeattlePosts: 48,058 ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmarin3 wrote: »

C'mon bruh, Fed has been pretty much playin at the same level for about 15 years so he's never really looked out of his prime too me.

Plus he's been playin against them for over 10 years(Novak since 06' and Nadal since 04'), Nadal has owned him and Novak got better and better until he was able to beat Fed on a consistent basis.

His only real rival has been Novak, and Fed just won Australia at 35 yrs old, so Fed has never showed a backside of his career in his play, dude is still in his prime like Serena.

Ur wrong fam
    As I look back over a misspent life, I find myself more and more convinced that I had more fun posting on the IC than in any other enterprise. It is really the life of kings.

toheeb27blue_london
  • the ghostthe ghost Craftsman The OthersidePosts: 4,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 8
    Propz to Eugenie for backing up her talk and beating Sharacheater today.
    toheeb27
  • toheeb27toheeb27 Posts: 9,043 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Propz to Eugenie for backing up her talk and beating Sharacheater today.

atribecalledgabifortyacres

hqg-277.gif

toheeb27blue_londonatribecalledgabi
    Lol I thought this was the return of bouchard
    Fed skipping Roland Garros

hqg-277.gif

• toheeb27toheeb27 Posts: 9,043 ✭✭✭✭✭

Makes sense. His weakest surface and he has not played on it all year.
    toheeb27 wrote: »

I would like to see del potro and Nadal in the final

hqg-277.gif

blue_london
  • Elzo69RenaissanceElzo69Renaissance Never selling dreams, always serving cream SeattlePosts: 48,058 ✭✭✭✭✭

Doesnt matter it s a slam.and he is healthy plus he hasnt played since early April
    As I look back over a misspent life, I find myself more and more convinced that I had more fun posting on the IC than in any other enterprise. It is really the life of kings.

Doesnt matter it s a slam.and he is healthy plus he hasnt played since early April

I think he believes this is his best chance to win another Wimbledon and us open. But he can only do it if he's 100% fit. He said he will return to the French next year that will probably be his farewell tour.

Its strange that it's deemed as such a bad surface for him because only nadal has stopped him winning multiple french opens.
  • usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 37,720 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welp, no French Open for Cheatapova. 6op2y9n9ji8d.gif

Swear she was gonna sneak in there since Serena gave these bitches a hall pass.
    banksy-gifs-graffiti.gif
    I believe in L.O.V.E.......Lots Of Vagina Ev[/b]eryday.
    the ghost
    ROME -- Novak Djokovic is joining forces with Andre Agassi in an effort to return to No. 1.

Djokovic announced Sunday that Agassi will coach him at the French Open, which starts next Sunday.

"I spoke to Andre the last couple weeks on the phone, and we decided to get together in Paris," Djokovic said. "So he's going to be there. We'll see what [the] future brings.

"We are both excited to work together and see where it takes us. We don't have any long-term commitment. It's just us trying to get to know each other in Paris a little bit," Djokovic added. "He will not stay the whole tournament. He's going to stay only to a certain time, and then we'll see after that what's going to happen."

hqg-277.gif

French open picks?

Male Nadal

Female Halep

Dark horse

Male del Porto

Female venus/ Mladenovic