What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

The Official ATP/WTA Tennis Thread

Replies

• Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 22,633 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Novak Djokovic on Thursday brushed off comments from John McEnroe about Djokovic's personal life and a comparison to Tiger Woods.

While speaking during BBC's Wimbledon coverage on Wednesday, McEnroe drew a comparison to Woods while discussing the struggles of Djokovic, who has not won a Grand Slam since simultaneously holding all four titles following last year's French Open.

McEnroe said Djokovic "had some off-court issues with the family" and said "that's going to throw you."

"The person that comes to mind immediately with Novak is not a tennis player, it's actually a golfer: Tiger Woods," McEnroe said. "... [Woods] had the issues with his wife, and then he seemed to go completely off the rails and has never been even close to being the same player.
    ¡No contaban con mi astucia!
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I see a lot of people saying they'd "give" family members money.

Thats not what you want to do.

You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

So if you win, don't "give" anybody anything. Set up a trust fund.

Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

AggyAF wrote: »
    Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

hqg-277.gif

dontdiedontkillanyon
  • Young_ChitlinYoung_Chitlin YCN Chief/FCC Member/#RedVelvetSquad Member/IC Task Force General ASUville, PhoenixPosts: 22,633 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tomic keeps fucking up too

Bernard Tomic has been dropped by racket sponsor Head just hours after he was fined for unsportsmanlike conduct following his first-round exit at Wimbledon.

Australian Tomic received a $15,000 (£11,600) fine from the International Tennis Federation -- the second-largest fine since 1991 -- following his loss to Mischa Zverev, after which Tomic claimed he felt bored during the match and admitted he had called the trainer on not for treatment, but to disrupt his opponent's momentum.

You want to set up a trust fund so they get a monthly payment. You can set up a trust fund so your mother gets, say, $10,000 a month for the rest of her life. According to my math, $10,000 per month for 20 years is $2.4 million. That's better than giving her $2.4 million up front because she can blow it all in a matter of days and then she'll want more and you'd feel obligated to give it to her.

Now that I think about it, I could set up a trust fund for my brother. I'd give him $10,000 a month. He's about 45 now so $10,000 per month for 40 years is only $4.8 million. That makes more sense than giving him the money in one lump sum.

Anyone else think it's crazy only about 10 posters regularly post here and we got damn near 500 pages?

All the other sports threads on here are people with hobbies. This is football - the beautiful game. We eat, sleep and drink football.

hqg-277.gif

dontdiedontkillanyon
  • blue_londonblue_london Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tomic keeps fucking up too

Bernard Tomic has been dropped by racket sponsor Head just hours after he was fined for unsportsmanlike conduct following his first-round exit at Wimbledon.

Australian Tomic received a $15,000 (£11,600) fine from the International Tennis Federation -- the second-largest fine since 1991 -- following his loss to Mischa Zverev, after which Tomic claimed he felt bored during the match and admitted he had called the trainer on not for treatment, but to disrupt his opponent's momentum.

He sounds like he needs mental health support
    I don't get why we are surprised when heather Watson loses lol
    toheeb27atribecalledgabidontdiedontkillanyon
    Tsonga is in the 5th set with querrey

hqg-277.gif

Every tournament Murray has a match like this
    Good for Querrey, if he can beat big serving Kevin Anderson he's in the quarters

hqg-277.gif

Haven't seen the draw but If he's in the same side of the draw as Djokovic it could be problematic for novak

hqg-277.gif

Haven't seen the draw but If he's in the same side of the draw as Djokovic it could be problematic for novak

He's on Murray side....

The draw has been awful, federer got dimitrov, potentially ranoic djokovic.

Djokovic - mannarino, potentially thiem, federer

Nadal - Muller, potentially cilic, Murray

Murray - paire, potentially querrey and nadal

Only federer should have trouble on Monday. The draw has made the big 4 avoid good players until the qtr finals.
    Querrey advances to QF

hqg-277.gif

Nadal and grass are not the best combination.

Federer Murray final please!
  • dontdiedontkillanyondontdiedontkillanyon Show me some love, you losers. Posts: 9,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just caught the last few games of that Nasal v Muller match - epic.
  • toheeb27toheeb27 Posts: 9,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, down goes Nadal, to a freaking 16th seed.
    blue_londonbuttuh_b
    Querrey advances to QF

Young_Chitlin
  • Elzo69RenaissanceElzo69Renaissance Never selling dreams, always serving cream SeattlePosts: 49,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Federe has his biggest test and his biggest motivation in the next round...Raonic took him out in the semis last yr
    As I look back over a misspent life, I find myself more and more convinced that I had more fun posting on the IC than in any other enterprise. It is really the life of kings.

toheeb27 wrote: »
    Damn, down goes Nadal, to a freaking 16th seed.

To be fair when the last time nadal got past the qtr at Wimbledon been a long long time
  • farris2k1farris2k1 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless its on clay, nadal being upset doesnt suprise me
  • the ghostthe ghost Craftsman The OthersidePosts: 4,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forget he only has 2 Wimbledons.
    When sharapova said her rivals are journey men they was like ok let me prove you right. They will never ever win slams
    Querrey upset Murray

hqg-277.gif

toheeb27dontdiedontkillanyon
    Querrey upset Murray

Young_Chitlin
  • buttuh_bbuttuh_b Posts: 13,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Djokovic retires in second set... Federer advances
    BUTTUH B - 2013 REASON DEBATES VI CHAMPION

Lakers, Eagles, Mets, Capitals, Buckeyes (CFB), Bruins, (CBB), War Rigondeaux, War Crawford!
    #VegasLight #SwagShow #PopeyesHive
    You're not going to be well if your elbow is not right. Tennis elbow is no joke man

hqg-277.gif

toheeb27usmarin3
  • farris2k1farris2k1 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn wasnt expecting murray but dude wasnt movin right in the last sets like something was bothering him..and with jokovic bein out too, this is feds title to lose
    I hope fed wins this.
    toheeb27dontdiedontkillanyon