What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

What song/album sparked your interest in hip hop?

Jessy11Jessy11 Posts: 1
edited January 2012 in Foreign Exchange
What was the first song or album that you heard that really got you into hip hop?

I think I posted it here already, but the first song I heard that really encouraged me to explore more was Halftime by Nas. Up until I heard that track, I didn't have much more than a passing interest in hip hop - I enjoyed a few songs by the most famous artists (Jay-Z, Eminem, some Dr. Dre stuff), but I certainly was not in any way a massive hip hop fan. Three years on, it's by far my favourite genre of music and I completely credit Halftime with that.

What about youse? Links welcome!g.php

Replies

• EsiamEsiam Posts: 1,533 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Hmm prolly:

And

I remember wanting to get those Hammer-pants, also was close to doing the pants put on backwards thing like Kris Kross too, luckily probably I didn't.
  • TB.BoyTB.Boy Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011

Def This i begged my mom for this album. She took me to the store to buy it and when we got to the counter the clerk reminded my mom theres a parent advisory on this album mom still bought it we got to the car and heard this

Ill never forget this haha my moms played it cool tho we act like it never happened skipped to the next song
  • kuskklassickuskklassic Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    The year was 1998.....i was 8 years old and Hip Hop was at its most versitile state.

1998 i learned alot about Hip Hop and it was Jay-Z, DMX, and thier respect crews that got me into Hip Hop.

1998 gave me Jay-Z, DMX, Hots Boys,Outkast, Mos Def, Lauryn Hill, Big Pun, Missy Elliot, Busta Rhymes, Mobb Deep, Nas , and Trick Daddy.

Ruff Ryders, RocAFella, Cash Money had a major influence on my generation.
  • ShencotheMCShencotheMC KING Posts: 25,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Album:
    reasonabledoubt.jpg

Song:

It was on and poppin since then
  • Sep-00Sep-00 Posts: 210
    edited January 2012
    first video i remember seeing. Boogie Down Productions - My Philosophy
    5 Grand
  • supYosupYo Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pacs changes....like a bunch of people, or better say all people around my age n country
  • RANAYORANAYO Posts: 2
    K-HIPHOP(KOREAN HIPHOP)

His name is Young B
    This video Young B HOT CUT

If you like, SUBSCRIBE RANAYO YOUTUBE Channel
  • THE_R_THE_R_ Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Esiam wrote: »
    Hmm prolly:

And

I remember wanting to get those Hammer-pants, also was close to doing the pants put on backwards thing like Kris Kross too, luckily probably I didn't.

C/S THIS
    SUCK MY DICK OUT OF ANIMOSITY