Nissan GT-R

alliedallied Posts: 2,806
edited January 2012 in Let Me Ride
Probably the one sports car I would like to own in my life.

Replies

  • alliedallied Posts: 2,806
    edited December 2011
  • alliedallied Posts: 2,806
    edited December 2011
  • W!Z GW!Z G Posts: 170
    edited December 2011
    I live right down the street from the nissan plant and i seen a couple of these riding by.....shits nice but aint nowhere near my price range
  • lamontbdclamontbdc Posts: 14,864
    edited December 2011
  • Q45TQ45T Posts: 5,593
    edited December 2011
  • The DiddlerThe Diddler Posts: 17,336
    edited December 2011
    yeah, a car that does everything for you...

    these cars got too much electronics in them. i would rather have a supercar that takes physical pain to drive...
  • BP OIL SPILL FACEBP OIL SPILL FACE Posts: 2,526
    edited December 2011
    smh @ a sports car with no V8 engine.
  • ragerage Posts: 5,858
    edited December 2011
    This thing is blisteringly fast I had a 2012 demo for all of October and November as a loaner. Of the line 99.9% of the vehicles on the road will not keep up with you, on the track the amount of grip will exceed 90% of its drivers skill levels and be faster than 95% of the machinery at the track. All with having a 2 useable back seats and all weather/condition capability. Quite simply one of the top 5 cars on the planet right now.
  • alliedallied Posts: 2,806
    edited December 2011
    rage wrote: »
    This thing is blisteringly fast I had a 2012 demo for all of October and November as a loaner. Of the line 99.9% of the vehicles on the road will not keep up with you, on the track the amount of grip will exceed 90% of its drivers skill levels and be faster than 95% of the machinery at the track. All with having a 2 useable back seats and all weather/condition capability. Quite simply one of the top 5 cars on the planet right now.

    Word you can keep up with a Lambo or Farrari and it's half the price of those cars. Plus you can work on it and sup it up.
  • ragerage Posts: 5,858
    edited December 2011
    allied wrote: »
    Word you can keep up with a Lambo or Farrari and it's half the price of those cars. Plus you can work on it and sup it up.

    I gave a stock Gallardo Performente Edition the business over 1/8th of a mile. Bikes are the only real challenge that this thing faces in a straight line. The best part about this car is that when you just stick it in the comfort setting it is Benz smooth and if your easy with the throttle you can manage a pretty decent MPG.
  • ragerage Posts: 5,858
    edited January 2012
    False, Ford GT and the Z06/ZR1 come to mind. And who the hell races to top speed on the street? Most races happen spur of the moment on the highway, GT500 and Z06 will pull this car on the highway. From a stop on the street hell yeah my money is on the GT-R. At the track I think the Z06 has run a faster time stock for stock.

    False, they stopped making the Ford GT 6 years ago. First the ZR1 yes will reach 205 but then again you wont walk out of a showroom without dropping $200K on it, the Z06 wont. Second the GT500 and z06 will not pull the GTR on the highway the GT500 is just way to heavy and the power to weight ratio isnt even close. Your right though nobody ever gets to 2 bills on the highway, but the GTR will put all of its power down while your still chirping the tires in 4th with the GT500. The Z06 may keep up depending on the roll out speed...and on the track like I said before NOTHING short of Zonda, Italia, MP-12C, Aventador etc are touching this thing.
    This is true, it will kill most stock N/A V8's on the road. Lets not act like this is a N/A 6 cylinder though, it's twin turbo for christ sake. You ever heard the saying there's no replacement for displacement? BS, Boost is the replacement.


    +1 on this...that V8 or nothing bullshit is just dumb. More and more companies are moving away from big displacement engines and focusing more on DI and Turbos to provide more power and better fuel economy.
  • wilberdmillzwilberdmillz Posts: 1,391
    edited January 2012
    rage wrote: »
    False, they stopped making the Ford GT 6 years ago. First the ZR1 yes will reach 205 but then again you wont walk out of a showroom without dropping $200K on it, the Z06 wont. Second the GT500 and z06 will not pull the GTR on the highway the GT500 is just way to heavy and the power to weight ratio isnt even close. Your right though nobody ever gets to 2 bills on the highway, but the GTR will put all of its power down while your still chirping the tires in 4th with the GT500. The Z06 may keep up depending on the roll out speed...and on the track like I said before NOTHING short of Zonda, Italia, MP-12C, Aventador etc are touching this thing.


    +1 on this...that V8 or nothing bullshit is just dumb. More and more companies are moving away from big displacement engines and focusing more on DI and Turbos to provide more power and better fuel economy.

    I know the Ford GT is no longer made, that what makes it even more impressive IMO. being 6 years old and still keeping up. I don't know where you're getting your pricing but the ZR1 is $115k MSRPhttp://www.autotrader.com/legacy/research/modelinfo/details.xhtml?styleid=332299&conversationId=177734

    The GT-R is $95K MSRP http://www.autotrader.com/legacy/research/modelinfo/details.xhtml?styleid=330859&conversationId=177734

    Those prices are the High end for both models, and both cars probably have a dealer mark up. pretty close if you ask me and far from $200K

    I think the 2013 GT500 will be in the talks too, its coming with 600hp. It's weight is actually less than the GT-R so I don't see how you say it's to heavy.

    When I speak about track time I'm talking drag strip and the z06/zr1 trap higher than the GT-R thats a good indicator of which car will pull which on the highway. the 2013 GT500 hasn't been released yet so we'll just have to wait and see what it runs.
  • eyes loweyes low Posts: 3,123
    my boy has one can't fuck with that shit, the only problem is you get dudes coming up to you all the time asking about it
Sign In or Register to comment.