What purpose does CMR serve to Lil Wayne?

usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 35,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in The Reason
Wayne is the bread winner of the label right, yet he doesn't hold the same weight, he is essentially a signed artist who was given a sub label. CMR distributes YM, the three biggest bread winners are all YM artist and discovered by Wayne. When is the last time CMR discovered or built a successful artist outside of what Wayne has brought to the table?

Another thing, how this nigga Baby keep putting out albums that don't even sell, yet people like Bow Wow, Jae Millz, Tyga,etc can't put out albums for shit? lol

Replies

• DarthRozayDarthRozay Posts: 18,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    don't ask him. wayne doesn't speak for wayne.
  • EuropeanAndWhiteEuropeanAndWhite Posts: 520
    edited December 2011
    id say this debate wont make any sense until we see some actual paperwork which probably will never happen.
  • usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 35,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    , Wayne can't distribute his own music around the world...so enter;

CMR

Wayne has been way past that stage where any major would of given him his own label. This nigga is signed to another nigga who is signed to another nigga, he is way too deep into his career to even be a worker.

Lil Wayne has two middle men (Universal and CMR) eating out his pockets.
    edited December 2011
    id say this debate wont make any sense until we see some actual paperwork which probably will never happen.

Look at his album booklet, it says distributed by CMR and Universal, and Baby/Slim are executive producers.
  • bankrupt ballerbankrupt baller Posts: 12,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    wayne got baby money
  • c.b.b.c.b.b. Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Wayne is the bread winner of the label right, yet he doesn't hold the same weight, he is essentially a signed artist who was given a sub label. CMR distributes YM, the three biggest bread winners are all YM artist and discovered by Wayne. When is the last time CMR discovered or built a successful artist outside of what Wayne has brought to the table?

Another thing, how this nigga Baby keep putting out albums that don't even sell, yet people like Bow Wow, Jae Millz, Tyga,etc can't put out albums for shit? lol

Man, I couldn't have said it any better. Weezy saved CMR by himself when all they had was Mack 10, Weezy, and TQ.

When dude was thinking about leaving CMR, he probably should have $-wise.

They made Weezy "president" and made him "CEO" of YM, but that seems like just a paper title.

I guarantee he's still not getting a fair cut from Slim & Baby. Dude seems like one of the most loyal dumb azzes of all time
  • Who Cares???Who Cares??? Posts: 1,167
    edited December 2011
    c.b.b. wrote: »
    Man, I couldn't have said it any better. Weezy saved CMR by himself when all they had was Mack 10, Weezy, and TQ.

When dude was thinking about leaving CMR, he probably should have $-wise.

They made Weezy "president" and made him "CEO" of YM, but that seems like just a paper title.

I guarantee he's still not getting a fair cut from Slim & Baby. Dude seems like one of the most loyal dumb azzes of all time

Powerful ass post. I think all dumb loyalty eventually comes to an end. The next 2-3 years are gonna be interesting. As his YM brand gets biggeR, Wayne has no choice but to ensure his finances are distributed accordingly. I'm with you, I doubt thats the case. Duke gonna eventually wake up and its gonna get ugly.
  • P. TownP. Town Posts: 26,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Lol at Wayne discovering Drake and Nicki Minaj
    edited December 2011
    wayne got baby money

nah, baby got wayne money lol
    edited December 2011
    nah, baby got wayne money lol

Wayne's royalty checks are in the bushes
  • Bcotton5Bcotton5 Posts: 43,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Pink Friday 2 Feb 14th Careless World Jan 24th Take Care in stores now

The Motto video this week

5 letters YMCMB
  • DatNiggaB1DatNiggaB1 Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Wayne gets paid in cars and a milli in cash on his birthday...........he dont know what he should have in his bank account
  • garvgarv Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Considering Wayne earned over 40 million in the last two years i doubt he give fuck.
  • garvgarv Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Theres a lot of rappers who don't believe in loyalty, but since if it wasn't for Baby Wayne probably wouldn't have a career he feels indebted to him, and i don't see nothing wrong with that dude is still one of the highest earners in rap, and he doesn't even tour like others do.
    edited December 2011
    garv wrote: »
    Considering Wayne earned over 40 million in the last two years i doubt he give fuck.

Why take 40 when you probably made the label 80 mil? Pay me what you owe me, that's that ole Suge Knight shit (pay artist in cars, jewelry,etc)
    edited December 2011
    last year Wayne made a 100 million dollas
  • ibedamnedibedamned Posts: 3,098 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    garv wrote: »

but if you could have made more, wouldnt you like to?
  • thablewprnt2thablewprnt2 Posts: 29
    edited December 2011
    Well for one thing. Wayne been yelling Young Money since what, The Carter 2?

Second. If you actually followed the label you would know that CMB has shifted to more of a vet label like when Koch was signing all the dropped rappers.

Think of YMCMB as the Heat in a way. You got 3 stars. Wayne, Drake, and Nicki.

Then you have the vets that get signed to the minimum. Busta, Mystical, Bow Wow... You don't spend much and dont expect much, but if they do happen to produce, you quadruple your investment.

The cats you aint heard from. Millz, Short Dawg, Gunz, Chuck e, they on the bench, and going hard at practice (mixtapes, features)

lil Twist is moving from the 6th man to starting 5... Wayne, Drake, Nicki, Tyga, lil Twist

Why does Baby keep putting out albums? Because he fuckin can. No other reason. (Owner/Player/Coach)

They are pretty much doing exactly what they should.

As far as Wayne's deal. How would this be any different that 50's label? Dre and Em's pockets come first.
    Cash Money is really just like No Limit WAS, only they are still relevant. Not only relevant, but the top label in the game right now.
    edited December 2011
    Well for one thing. Wayne been yelling Young Money since what, The Carter 2?

Second. If you actually followed the label you would know that CMB has shifted to more of a vet label like when Koch was signing all the dropped rappers.

Think of YMCMB as the Heat in a way. You got 3 stars. Wayne, Drake, and Nicki.

Then you have the vets that get signed to the minimum. Busta, Mystical, Bow Wow... You don't spend much and dont expect much, but if they do happen to produce, you quadruple your investment.

The cats you aint heard from. Millz, Short Dawg, Gunz, Chuck e, they on the bench, and going hard at practice (mixtapes, features)

lil Twist is moving from the 6th man to starting 5... Wayne, Drake, Nicki, Tyga, lil Twist

Why does Baby keep putting out albums? Because he fuckin can. No other reason. (Owner/Player/Coach)

They are pretty much doing exactly what they should.

As far as Wayne's deal. How would this be any different that 50's label? Dre and Em's pockets come first.
    Cash Money is really just like No Limit WAS, only they are still relevant. Not only relevant, but the top label in the game right now.

Twist up next after Tyga
    edited December 2011
    Twist up next after Tyga

I hope not. I'd rather see Busta/Mystikal/Millz/Mack instead
  • goat334goat334 Posts: 3,604 ✭✭
    edited December 2011

Is that before or after taxes...lol
  • CoolJoeCoolJoe Posts: 6,032 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011

And on that note...../close thread.
  • Anti_matterAnti_matter Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Why take 40 when you probably made the label 80 mil? Pay me what you owe me, that's that ole Suge Knight shit (pay artist in cars, jewelry,etc)

Suge got that move from the white folks... "Cadillac Records"
    edited December 2011
    goat334 wrote: »
    Is that before or after taxes...lol

It was 100 million dollas FLAT
  • goat334goat334 Posts: 3,604 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    It was 100 million dollas FLAT

Most likely it was before taxes.