Can Em tell a story in his songs like Nas' "Shootouts" ?

Replies

• The_ManThe_Man Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Cain_Marko wrote: »
    Lol..........if you take Kim, drugs, and trying to kill his mom the only thing you have is Asher Roth.

And what does nas tell storys of? getting back from vegas to find his wife getting fucked then shooting them both then shooting himself, or a story backwards about shooting somebody? or shootouts?
  • KeepinItHundredKeepinItHundred Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Psycho_ wrote: »
    it's less impressive given that pharoahe monch came up with that concept first.

plus he did it from a bullets perspective

but if we do that than stan isn't impressive because nas did the letter thing first.

in fact any story telling song isn't impressive because sllick rick brought it to the table as a whole.
    edited December 2011
    And what does nas tell storys of? getting back from vegas to find his wife getting fucked then shooting them both then shooting himself, or a story backwards about shooting somebody? or shootouts?

you're missing the point that eminem isn't as vivid as nas is
  • CainCain Admin, Moderator, old.me.is no more Cyttorax DimensionPosts: 31,675 Regulator
    edited December 2011

Huh? Nas's is one of the most versatile emcees in the game. He can go gangsta, political,and storytelling. Do yourself a favor and peep his catalog.
  • SloGGySloGGy Posts: 282
    edited December 2011
    plus he did it from a bullets perspective

but if we do that than stan isn't impressive because nas did the letter thing first.

in fact any story telling song isn't impressive because sllick rick brought it to the table as a whole.

there's building on an existing idea and putting a twist on it, & then there is straight lifting another person's idea. the former shows you have a brain ... I have absolutely no respect for the latter. anyways .. all this is subjective and you losers can argue in circles all day if you want. that bullshit marshall song was my cue to leave though ...

enjoy
    edited December 2011
    Huh? Nas's is one of the most versatile emcees in the game. He can go gangsta, political,and storytelling. Do yourself a favor and peep his catalog.

I spend money on all nas albums except hhid and untitled, im a nas fan and agree with you, my argument is that em is just as good as far as story telling is concerned..watch all of this vid and you might understand what im sayin..
    edited December 2011
    I spend money on all nas albums except hhid and untitled, im a nas fan and agree with you, my argument is that em is just as good as far as story telling is concerned..watch all of this vid and you might understand what im sayin..

yeah, i guess...
    edited December 2011
    yeah, i guess...

my work here is done haha
    edited December 2011
    my work here is done haha

my fault, i forgot it's hard to detect sarcasm on forums.
  • EsiamEsiam Posts: 1,533
    edited December 2011
  • yeah i rap so don't yeah i rap so don't Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011

Nas is GOAT, but this is my favorite story telling track by Eminem
  • bankrupt ballerbankrupt baller Posts: 12,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    so stan doesnt exist?
  • DarthRozayDarthRozay Posts: 18,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    hell no. unless the story involves mother, kim, halley, pills, killing his mother or kim, etc. and he wouldn't be rapping he'd be shout rapping
    DMTxTHC
    edited December 2011
    so stan doesnt exist?

??????????????????????????
  • CainCain Admin, Moderator, old.me.is no more Cyttorax DimensionPosts: 31,675 Regulator
    edited December 2011
    so stan doesnt exist?

Yes it does........and? Lol Stan is a good song hell it even changed the culture with everybody using that term to speak of a annoying fan but it is no way shape or form close to the caliber of a Nas joint. Lol you know that too Bankrupt stop playing.

Joe Buddens is pushing back his mixtape smh.
    edited December 2011
    Yes it does........and? Lol Stan is a good song hell it even changed the culture with everybody using that term to speak of a annoying fan but it is no way shape or form close to the caliber of a Nas joint. Lol you know that too Bankrupt stop playing.

Joe Buddens is pushing back his mixtape smh.

why you had to fuck up my day?
    edited December 2011
    why you had to fuck up my day?

Cause you brought up Stan lol!!!
    edited December 2011
    sboogie wrote: »
    the thing about stan is that it is out of the realm of certain folks everyday lives...
    the people/characters in "Shootouts" is diverse and I know that I can identify with the characters and story...

This will get overlooked for being a "black thing" smh.
  • kingofbama205kingofbama205 Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    This is a dumb thread....I'm a Nas and Em fan..I have most of there albums not all...and Both are really great storytellers in there own right...Both have lived completely different lives so they have different stories to tell...It's not em's fault if you don't understand his stories or relate to them compared to Nas's....I don't relate to ems shit at all But I respect his ability to rhyme/rap/write a good song.

so to answer the dumb question can Em tell a story like the one Nas did..yeah he prolly could but it's not his style and anyone who has listened to him knows that.
    rap mysterio
    edited December 2011
    This is a dumb thread....I'm a Nas and Em fan..I have most of there albums not all...and Both are really great storytellers in there own right...Both have lived completely different lives so they have different stories to tell...It's not em's fault if you don't understand his stories or relate to them compared to Nas's....I don't relate to ems shit at all But I respect his ability to rhyme/rap/write a good song.

so to answer the dumb question can Em tell a story like the one Nas did..yeah he prolly could but it's not his style and anyone who has listened to him knows that.

A dumb thread received a paragraph from a smart guy like yourself....... ummmm that's very interesting.

Off to analyze how my thread can be smarter........
    edited December 2011
    Cause you brought up Stan lol!!!

lol
    you know i just do that to fuck with people cause they HATE joe so it gets them all fucked up lol
    but i am honestly a big fan of him
    edited December 2011
    lol
    you know i just do that to fuck with people cause they HATE joe so it gets them all fucked up lol
    but i am honestly a big fan of him

Lol......its fucked up about Joes mixtape I was waiting ob it to drop but its being pushed back or scrapped altogether smh.
  • And_So_It_BurnsAnd_So_It_Burns Posts: 773 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    "Nas is perhaps contemporary rap's greatest innovator in storytelling. His catalog includes songs narrated before birth ('Fetus') and after death ('Amongst Kings'), biographies ('UBR [Unauthorized Biography of Rakim]') and autobiographies ('Doo Rags'), allegorical tales ('Money Is My Bitch') and epistolary ones ('One Love'), he’s rapped in the voice of a woman ('Sekou Story') and even of a gun ('I Gave You Power')."-writer Adam Bradley

Sorry em isn't on Nas' level when it comes to the stories just accept that. Em is better at rhyme schemes tho
  • kingofbama205kingofbama205 Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Never said I was smart I never went to college...I'm just saying it's a dumb question to ask.."Hey can Em write a song like THIS ONE"....when he's prolly never experienced any of the things Nas is talking about...They are 2 completely different types of rappers/Artist..Nas would never write a song about his mom saying nasty/disgusting shit and Em would never write a song about UFO's and all the crazy shit that's going on in the world today
    edited December 2011
    Lol......its fucked up about Joes mixtape I was waiting ob it to drop but its being pushed back or scrapped altogether smh.

well atleast the slaughterhouse album has a release date.
    also i just read what you were talking about and its the "feature presentation" album he canceled which was going to have,well features lol.
    but i think he still plans on dropping something alse in 2012