The Official Boxing Thread

Replies

• aneed123aneed123 Posts: 14,624 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vader wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »
    I like Sergio but dude was struggling with Barker and Macklin..... he was getting hit by Williams and Pavlik he aint beating Floyd. He is a hispanic trying to emulate Roy Jones style. Add in Margarito stopped him years ago.
    i dont really trust none of rito's past wins. but i see what you saying

I feel u and Ive argued in the past about why folk only act like he cheated vs Cotto.... Cintron was undefeated until facing him as well as Martinez, and Williams beat him with plaster..... Hell be punched a niggas ear off.... with that said Martinez with his athleticism should not get hit by these brawling slass ass dudes... he doesnt use his jab either.
  • nycest_1nycest_1 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭✭
    aneed123 wrote:
    I like Sergio but dude was struggling with Barker and Macklin..... he was getting hit by Williams and Pavlik he aint beating Floyd. He is a hispanic trying to emulate Roy Jones style. Add in Margarito stopped him years ago.

barker and macklin are legit 160 lbers though
    at 154 he got touched yeah but knew how to press and counter
    i think his size coupled with his hand speed and angles gives floyd problems
    but if he goes down to 154 with the habits of 160 he'll lose
    you can't rely on a perfect counter all the time
    nycest_1 wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote:

barker and macklin are legit 160 lbers though
    at 154 he got touched yeah but knew how to press and counter
    i think his size coupled with his hand speed and angles gives floyd problems
    but if he goes down to 154 with the habits of 160 he'll lose
    you can't rely on a perfect counter all the time

no they are not they are top guys now cuz all the top guys at 160 a couple years ago moved up (Abe/Miranda/Taylor/) 160 is mediocre those guys are not good fighters. 160 is a wasteland of white rockem sockem fighters lol... THINK ABOUT IT FOR REAL who are the top guys at 160 Andy Lee? John Duddy?Chavez Jr Zbik?,Pirog? Sturm? none of these guys just sayin. Also id sergio wont go up 8 lbs to where the challenges are in Dirrell brothers, Ward who has called him out on twitter, Froch Bute?
  • Bcotton5Bcotton5 Posts: 42,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yea 160 is ass but Sergio said he cant make 168, he gotta eat steak and potatoes to get to 160, and he always under 160 on fight night so I think he could Cotto and some others @ 154
  • R.D.R.D. Posts: 12,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martinez has been purposely coming in under 160. He walks around over 160. They tryna get people to stop trying to make him go up like he want Floyd and Manny do
    yea 160 is ass but Sergio said he cant make 168, he gotta eat steak and potatoes to get to 160, and he always under 160 on fight night so I think he could Cotto and some others @ 154

dat nigga lyin. He can make 168 he walk around bout 170.
  • dwade206dwade206 Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dwade206 wrote:
    dwade206 wrote:
    dwade206 wrote:
    Sergio is a great fighter, but anyone who thinks this dude can see Floyd is being ridiculous. Sergio won't be able to pull off his usual tactics with Floyd and leave unpunished. Fighting with his hands down, hardly any combos, and the constant retreat will leave him extremely vulnerable if he were to fight Floyd.

i'm not questioning your fight knowledge but you sound dumb as shit saying this lol
    you judge 1 fight and sum a fighter up?
    its a 154 pounder fighting at 160
    hes got to counterpunch and set traps to be effective at middleweight.
    check his paul williams fight (first) or his other bouts at 154 to see how he fights when aggressive
    the hands down shit is all for setting traps for bigger fighters

the only criticism you could get away with is saying he doesnt use enough different punches
    i think style wise hes a nightmare for floyd
    hes a south paw that throws at angles, has great counterpunching and hand speed.
    it'd be like if u took pacman marquez and supersized him

...this lil nigga thinks that I've only seen one Martinez fight. Oh, the irony. Carry on smart/dumb nigga

then you wouldn't have said that dumb shit, judging a smaller fighter moving up based on how they fight at a higher weight as opposed to their normal output

...a fighter who fights with his fuckin hands down is going to beat Mayweather?

...smart/dumb nigga, please continue to entertain us with your confident ignorance.
    oh so martinez has his hands down for entire fights now.
    he doesn't put his hands down against slower people to draw them into punching so he can counter.
    in your tv all you see is martinez. hands down. the whole fight.
    gotcha, you don't watch boxing, just highlights

catch feelings much? But anyway, no one said he fights the ENTIRE fight with his hands down, but that's a strategy that he usually uses.
    who yall got on saturday
  • WallWall Mastery Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    who yall got on saturday
    WAR KIRKLAND!!!
    WAR MORALES!!!
    WAR CASTILLO!!!

• MR.CJMR.CJ Posts: 50,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    who yall got on saturday

zab judah
    whats all the fights for Saturday ?

i dont feel like going to espn and looking
  • playmaker88playmaker88 You over did it holmes, you in the danger zone, you shouldn't be alone Posts: 49,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MSOI wrote: »
    who yall got on saturday
    WAR KIRKLAND!!!
    WAR MORALES!!!
    WAR CASTILLO!!!

Damn homey still fighting and not making weight

who yall got on saturday
    WAR KIRKLAND!!!
    WAR MORALES!!!
    WAR CASTILLO!!!

lol same here
    edited March 2012
    can i get an amen?

• Vader_F_KennedyVader_F_Kennedy dayton Posts: 13,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    who yall got on saturday
    WAR KIRKLAND!!!
    WAR MORALES!!!
    WAR CASTILLO!!!

Damn homey still fighting and not making weight

LOL right! nigga must need that check
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    who yall got on saturday

zab judah

what network?
    Nbc sports I think
    lol @ Zab on NBC sports
    lol @ Zab on NBC sports

i swear this nigga zab gets more chances than anybody! this fight is a IBF title eliminator
    Hope he win and after Lamont handle Khan, they can fight. Then Lamont can beat his ass into retirement
    R.D. wrote: »
    Hope he win and after Lamont handle Khan, they can fight. Then Lamont can beat his ass into retirement

shit zab might not even get past this dude you know how he crack under pressure. lol if he cant get you out early he seems to fall apart! hes a fighter that doesnt bring a... plan a b and c he just hopes A works and if not hes doesnt know what to do
    lol @ need an excuse to drink
  • playmaker88playmaker88 You over did it holmes, you in the danger zone, you shouldn't be alone Posts: 49,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brian Kenny > Bernardo Osuna
    damn is the judah fight even being aired?
    Judah on Versus/NBCSports its 34 on comcast I think