The Official Boxing Thread

1263326342636263826392748

Replies

  • playmaker88playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Posts: 66,040 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • internationalinternational Posts: 4,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 19
    Nah, G didn´t deserve to win the fight, should have called it a draw, if aything... but Jacobs movement to me won the fight, he outboxed G...
    playmaker88illedoutElzo69RenaissanceNegro_CaesarKLICHEPanchoYoSancho
  • R.D.R.D. Posts: 19,882 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does a draw equal he didn't deserve to win

    So it was close? It could go either way, it went the other way

    I don't keep track of scores but at the end I try to gauge who I thought imposed they self more. The knockdown was the difference to me. It did feel like a drawish type of fight but the knockdown was the difference. I didn't feel like Jacobs won though. A draw or tight decision for G
  • internationalinternational Posts: 4,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 19
    R.D. wrote: »
    How does a draw equal he didn't deserve to win

    So it was close? It could go either way, it went the other way

    I don't keep track of scores but at the end I try to gauge who I thought imposed they self more. The knockdown was the difference to me. It did feel like a drawish type of fight but the knockdown was the difference. I didn't feel like Jacobs won though. A draw or tight decision for G

    What I meant is that if you want to be generous to G, you score it a draw, otherwise, Jacobs won the fight, he outboxed him, all G did was get the KD, every other round, Jacobs showed better ring IQ, movement and controled the fight, and he had mad combos too, looked better than G, this is a boxing match, and he outboxed him period.



    Would also like to see G face Jermall Charlo, when he moves up to 160...
    playmaker88
  • killapkillap Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had Jacobs up 114-113 but I saw it different than the judges, I gave Jacobs more of the early rounds and GGG the championship rounds
  • PSN-CanibussPSN-Canibuss Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had jacobs 115-113. No way GGG won that fight even with the knockdown
    aneed123illedoutinternational
  • marc123marc123 Posts: 14,848 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He boxed circles around GGG...that was a business decision

  • Rum Middleton Rum Middleton Dedicated. Determined. Disciplined. Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forgot all about Peter Quillen until they showed the highlight wit Jacobs LOL fuck happened to that nigga..
    Flytalk Specialist...
    KLICHE
  • playboy buddy roseplayboy buddy rose south brooklynPosts: 2,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had ggg winning tha fight... but i believe jacobs put himself in a position to ask for a rematch early 2018 or at the least the loser of canelo /chavez
  • Mrslim1Mrslim1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭
    Great fight . I had Jacobs winning, however I have no problem with the 114-113 score in GGG favor, definitely not 115-112 tho. GGG is not the killer we thought , however he is a very good fighter . I think Canelo actually beats him easy . There are few fighters in the 154-168 range I believe would be good fights vs GGG after this performance. Jacobs is capable of beating GGG in a Rematch. GGG vs the Field gap has closed after watching this fight. Great fight overall . P.S. Jacobs deserved to win this fight more than ward did against Kovalev.
    R.D.
  • aneed123aneed123 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naw... he ain't try and lose on purpose don't fall for that
    ethosMR.CJRum Middleton KLICHE
  • Rum Middleton Rum Middleton Dedicated. Determined. Disciplined. Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naw I dont believe it....it was a legit fight.
    Flytalk Specialist...
  • R.D.R.D. Posts: 19,882 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 20
    GGG outlanded him by about 40 punches

    Landed about 3 times the jabs Jacob landed but he got out boxed?

    Canelo beats him easy? Cause Canelo has the same size, speed, footwork, and length as Jacob, right?.... You niggas on drugs

    What that retarded nigga boosie say? Hypnotized with hate
    playmaker88PanchoYoSancho
  • BigBallsNoWorriesBigBallsNoWorries Posts: 5,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 20
    R.D. wrote: »
    GGG outlanded him by about 40 punches

    Landed about 3 times the jabs Jacob landed but he got out boxed?

    Canelo beats him easy? Cause Canelo has the same size, speed, footwork, and length as Jacob, right?.... You niggas on drugs

    What that retarded nigga boosie say? Hypnotized with hate

    But if those extra 40 punches weren't quality punches

    Then it's not as significant then if they were


    Overall, the peformance GGG put on was average at best


    He did nothing extraordinary, besides knocking DJ down

    And even after he did that, he still couldn't be as effective or dominant as he was in his past

    Not many ppl, including myself, gave Danny Jacobs a good chance to win, but he proved all of the doubters wrong and not only pushed GGG to the distance

    But, also held his own, even if at times he was reckless with showboating

    I know that his cancer story has been run into the ground, but you cannot disregard the fact that this nigga came back from damn near being paralyzed, train himself back to competing on an elite level, to arguably defeating the best middleweight in boxing today

    It's an incredible comeback story

    You may not agree with this post, but I don't care about that

    It's boxing, we all won't be on the same page, for one reason or another


    But, we can agree on this


    Some of GGG's flaws were exposed last night

    You Down to Travel?

    I've been International since I was 16

    Listen to my thoughts on traveling while black throughout europe, my thoughts on traveling in general and my experiences crazy/interesting stories

    at my Travel Blog right here

    htttp://www.travelis4life.wordpress.com
    illedout
  • R.D.R.D. Posts: 19,882 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He wasn't exposed

    Every fighter has weaknesses

    I'm not even sure you can point to them from the fight

    The fact that you feel the need to say you didn't expect much from Danny says everything. You're giving him extra credit for seeing the final bell

    Every Mayweather win wasn't impressive

    You can go back to his first fight with Maidana

    Danny didn't arguably defeat anybody, he lost

    Oscar lost to Tito, Oscar lost to Shane the second fight, Zab lost to Baldomir, Dirrell lost to Froch and so on..

    playmaker88
  • R.D.R.D. Posts: 19,882 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only consistent work from either fighter the entire fight was GGGs jab

    I don't know a fighter not named Floyd/Loma clearly outboxing a top fighter off their back foot the entire fight

    Lara did more and lost to Canelo who footwork can't compare to Triple G
    OmegaConflict
  • OmegaConflictOmegaConflict Posts: 36,952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lara ran without landing shots. Lol@Lara having footwork
    f3a9c980b5d86bd26961db9af845ccd9.jpg
    illedout
  • playmaker88playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Posts: 66,040 ✭✭✭✭✭
    R.D. wrote: »
    He wasn't exposed

    Every fighter has weaknesses

    I'm not even sure you can point to them from the fight

    The fact that you feel the need to say you didn't expect much from Danny says everything. You're giving him extra credit for seeing the final bell

    Every Mayweather win wasn't impressive

    You can go back to his first fight with Maidana

    Danny didn't arguably defeat anybody, he lost

    Oscar lost to Tito, Oscar lost to Shane the second fight, Zab lost to Baldomir, Dirrell lost to Froch and so on..

    This but people are more fighter fans than boxing fans.. and align themselves to certain camps/"ideologies"
    R.D.
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Not even on social media BUT.... I'M SWAGGIN SO HARD I FUCKED THE GRAM UPPosts: 10,151 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn good fight based off me watching it live.

    I had ggg winning the fight because of the last round. Going into the 12th round it was even IMO.

    Jacobs seemed dead tired for the 12th and couldn't really do shit to pull that round out.

    Have to take to watch it again and score each round and see what I end up with.
    so-you-can-justify-your-fear-of-all-muslims-because-13552115.png
    ui0cXEZO9B942C0C9zdV0mZbrfnJkR8jgEiVo_neMrk.gif?w=320&s=dfba6d9b7859acd7de58df24940fed79















    R.D.
  • OmegaConflictOmegaConflict Posts: 36,952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Damn good fight based off me watching it live.

    I had ggg winning the fight because of the last round. Going into the 12th round it was even IMO.

    Jacobs seemed dead tired for the 12th and couldn't really do shit to pull that round out.

    Have to take to watch it again and score each round and see what I end up with.
    For what? Fights over
    f3a9c980b5d86bd26961db9af845ccd9.jpg
    Lurkristocrat
  • aneed123aneed123 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully we get to see ggg rematch Danny fight Charlo Canelo and ward... ..I'd be happy with Charlo and canelo
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Not even on social media BUT.... I'M SWAGGIN SO HARD I FUCKED THE GRAM UPPosts: 10,151 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Damn good fight based off me watching it live.

    I had ggg winning the fight because of the last round. Going into the 12th round it was even IMO.

    Jacobs seemed dead tired for the 12th and couldn't really do shit to pull that round out.

    Have to take to watch it again and score each round and see what I end up with.
    For what? Fights over

    Cause I want to and to see if I score the fight by the rules of boxing if I come out with a different winner
    so-you-can-justify-your-fear-of-all-muslims-because-13552115.png
    ui0cXEZO9B942C0C9zdV0mZbrfnJkR8jgEiVo_neMrk.gif?w=320&s=dfba6d9b7859acd7de58df24940fed79















    Rum Middleton dasmooth1
Sign In or Register to comment.