The Official Boxing Thread

Replies

• Elzo69RenaissanceElzo69Renaissance Never selling dreams, always serving cream SeattlePosts: 47,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a 100 on Spence for whoever
  • Arya TsaddiqArya Tsaddiq Shalawam The Daughter of BabylonPosts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brook would wash Garcia tho.

So that third spot could be a toss up between Garcia and Spence.

I'd like to see Garcia vs Porter too
  • KoltrainKoltrain MOPosts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 18
    Thurman
    Brook
    Garcia...

Spence takes #2 with a win.
    Mastery
  • aneed123aneed123 Posts: 21,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Mastery wrote: »
    dasmooth1 wrote: »
    Errol spence sounds like Fleece Johnson.

50-50 fight but i edge it to Spence. Don't like the fact Brook took that GGG fight. Tells me he went into cash out mode. Spence's hunger and vicious bodywork will see him get the nod i believe.

Or the nigga thought he could actually pull off the upset? Lol Tall task no doubt, but I never seen Floyd in a hurry to fight GGG. Would Floyd have been "cashing out" if he fought GGG? Some niggas is just more confident in themselves and their abilities. We will see soon enough what Brook has left.

WAR BROOK!!!

I think Brook did a little of both cashing out and seeing if he was good enough to pull off an upset.

Brook believes he's good which he should but he also took that fight to try and show up Khan and make some money.

It was a great business move he lost but looked better than Khan did vs Canelo and on top of that he didn't lose his belt or status at 147.

I'm picking Spence fight is only close if Brook can slow the pace down. If Brook can't tie Spence up and has to move constantly it could get ugly for him later in the fight.

Brook has a damn good straight right with Spence being a southpaw could possibly land well. If it doesn't Brook is getting crushed.

Yeah I think Brook. Knew Khan wouldn't fight him and at the time other welters were avoiding him so he cashed out for his big money fight. That's why he threw the towel in so quickly and why he fought Spence next
  • MasteryMastery Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The loss is about to hurt feelings in here haha
    aneed123 wrote: »

Naw b.... I'm team Nigga .... its a win win lol

Yeah, you go for the black dude no matter who they fighting haha
  • R.D.R.D. Posts: 19,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spence
    Garcia
    Pacquiao
    Mastery
  • BigBallsNoWorriesBigBallsNoWorries Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got Spence beating tea and crumpets soundly
    aneed123
  • dwade206dwade206 Posts: 11,090 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah .....team Negus
    aneed123
  • stringer bellstringer bell Posts: 21,220 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • aneed123aneed123 Posts: 21,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dwade206 wrote: »

Nah .....team Negus

Team Negus, Negro, Afro American, colored, however u wanna name it b.....
    http://www.boxingscene.com/cotto-ceo-august-return-possible-roc-nation-split-best--116718
    Cotto CEO: August Return Possible, Roc Nation Split For The Best

By Miguel Rivera

As reported earlier on BoxingScene.com, former four division world champion Miguel Angel Cotto has parted ways with promoter Roc Nation Sport.

The two sides were unable to reach an agreement for Cotto's planned return for June 24th, against Japanese junior middleweight contender Yoshihiro Kamegai.

Bryan Perez, CEO of Miguel Cotto Promotions, confirmed the breakup Roc Nation. The two sides reached a three fight deal in early 2015. The deal was reportedly worth $50 million.

In the first fight of the deal, Cotto stopped former world champion Daniel Geale in the first half of 2015. He returned in the fall, in the second fight of the deal, and lost a twelve round decision to Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez in November 2015.

Cotto (40-5, 33 KOs) has been inactive since the loss to Canelo. An HBO Pay-Per-View fight was planned for February in Texas, against James Kirkland, but the event fell apart a few weeks before the card was scheduled to go forward after Kirkland withdrew with fractured nose that he claimed to have suffered in training.

"The breakup is a reality. Obviously it was done in the best terms for both parties," said Perez to Carlos Narvaez.

"There are cycles that begin and others that end, but very soon Miguel will be making an announcement where he will talk about his future and everything he has planned. [The split] was something mutual and within the best terms."

"Miguel has been in Puerto Rico for a few days. But he is calm and happy. He is waiting for news to take his next steps. It is unfortunate that this has happened, but boxing is a business that is not easy. Aligning all of the elements to make a big event requires a lot of work and coordination. It was not possible on different occasions for different reasons. The possibility of fighting in August is real. Several strategies are being worked on. We are confident and positive."
    http://www.boxingscene.com/callum-smith-signs-anthony-dirrell-clash-september-9-la--116743
    Callum Smith Signs For Anthony Dirrell Clash, September 9 In LA

By Elliot Foster

Callum Smith will finally get his shot at global glory later this year.

The undefeated super-middleweight, who is the WBC’s number one contender, has a record of 22-0 with 17 early and is set to vie for the sanctioning body’s vacant belt against Anthony Dirrell.

A spanner was thrown into the works recently when it was mooted that ‘Mundo’ would ditch the green and gold belt in favour of an all-British showdown against IBF king James DeGale on a July date at the O2 Arena in London.

But after nothing was set in stone regarding that fight, it was confirmed on Friday by Smith’s trainer Joe Gallagher that he will travel to the United States –– and more particularly Los Angeles –– to face the Flint-based former champion (30-1-1, 24 KOs) on September 9.

“It’s on,” Gallagher tweeted, before revealing that the contract has been signed from Smith’s end.

Further details, including a specific venue, regarding the fight and the 27-year-old’s world title chance will be revealed in due course.

Smith, Gallagher and promoter Eddie Hearn were all unavailable for comment.

Anthony Dirrell has seen more adversity than most throughout his career as his time in boxing has been seriously jeopardized twice, first in December 2006 when he was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma and was sidelined for 20 months and again in May 2012 when he broke his lower left leg and left wrist in a motorcycle accident.

The Flint, Michigan-native never let that hold him down as he kept winning fights and working his way up the professional ranks. In 2014 he won his first championship when he defeated defending champion Sakio Bika. His road back to a 168-pound title began in September 2015 when he dominated the action against Marco Antonio Rubio on his way to a unanimous decision victory.
  • internationalinternational Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yo who are y'alls top 3 welterweights?

Spence
    Brook
    Thurman
    dwade206Mastery
    edited May 20
    Spence is the truth, although I find it disrespectful some of you niggas have him at #1 and he ain't fought nobody yet haha. At the very least I wouldn't expect him to be put over Thurman just yet lol
    Negro_CaesarRum Middleton
    Thurman??

Nigga foh

Thurman ain't making no top list of mine. Fuckboy

If I go top 5, ima add Brook, Bradley, and Broner before Thurman lol
    Mastery
    R.D. wrote: »
    Thurman??

Nigga foh

We talkin' resumes nigga lol

Speaking of Thurman...

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/19420861/keith-thurman-successful-surgery-right-elbow-of-action-least-six-months

He out for 6 months at least.
    Thurman??

Nigga foh

Speaking of Thurman...

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/19420861/keith-thurman-successful-surgery-right-elbow-of-action-least-six-months

Just saw this

This nigga is the worst champion ever

Maybe 2nd behind Berto

Nigga fights once a year
  • Negro_CaesarNegro_Caesar Fuck Bitches Get Money Posts: 6,058 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thurman??

Nigga foh

Speaking of Thurman...

Just saw this

Maybe 2nd behind Berto

Nigga fights once a year

But whoops quality when he fights. Fuck outta here
    Mastery
    Thurman??

Nigga foh

Speaking of Thurman...

Just saw this

Maybe 2nd behind Berto

Nigga fights once a year

But whoops quality when he fights. Fuck outta here

What quality ?

There's a name and a half on his resume

Nigga bye
  • Negro_CaesarNegro_Caesar Fuck Bitches Get Money Posts: 6,058 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guerrero
    Porter