Did he have that image, yes
    Does he admit it, yes repeatedly, as a joke
  • bankrupt ballerbankrupt baller Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    kingdom loves him some drake.
  • lamontbdclamontbdc Posts: 16,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    The original niceguy rapper, the respect females rapper, yeah he was
    at least that was what he was known for, he's even made fun of it on skits and songs, a bunch of times

I think that's a stretch KK. I wouldn't think anybody would categorize common as drake type. I would say LL was more of a drake type. common was more of a thinker/conscious rapper known to be a nice guy. Many compared him to a softer nas more than anything. But nobody is really calling drake a conscious nice guy, but a soft braggadocios rapper
  • IceBergTaylorIceBergTaylor The Spectacular Posts: 14,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    lol yeah it does, drake is the irespectfemales rapper first, singing rapper second

C'mon fam
    you cool ppls and all but
    even you cant believe this shit

While you was out chea thinking Common was just a nice man he was out there sparring with Cube. When has Drake ever done anything like that?
  • KameKame Posts: 23,612 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    kingdom loves him some drake.

i like common as well
    I like Common more than Drake actually
  • Elzo69RenaissanceElzo69Renaissance The only thing left now is GOD for these cats ZionPosts: 26,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    The original niceguy rapper, the respect females rapper, yeah he was
    at least that was what he was known for, he's even made fun of it on skits and songs, a bunch of times
    Um negative on all of this....
  • dizzmatic89dizzmatic89 Posts: 721
    edited December 2011

Man please fuck outta here with the bs
    edited December 2011
    So Drake can't be respected because he sings? What about Mos Def? Or the many others

Who said he cant be respected? What does this have to do with Common? What does Mos Def have to do with this?

IRRRRRRRRRRRRREVELANT!
    edited December 2011

Man please fuck outta here with the bs

Oh yeh cause I'm sure all those compare to

edited December 2011
    whatever be on Drake albums be having some of u nigga's heart throbbing b.

nigga's really can't see a difference between Love Is and I'm So Proud?

Love Is is a much better song
    same sentiment, although drake's is more simplistic
    but I hate that fucking song
  • Elzo69RenaissanceElzo69Renaissance The only thing left now is GOD for these cats ZionPosts: 26,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Common is just acting a regular street Chicago nigga w this Drake BS.,, of course the sensitive niggas gon take offense to it. Btw Common is nothing like Drake.
    edited December 2011
    OVO40 Noah Shebib
    I'm not dissing, just facts. I love common. I also love swv and John b.
    32 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply
    edited December 2011

Common has "street" shit too, but so does Drake. Fail to see the difference...just because Drake is singing the shit makes it more soft?
  • CoolJoeCoolJoe Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011

Common ain't got no love for these hoes haha.

Anyway, Common would clearly destroy Drake in a rap beef, so this wouldn't be entertaining at all.
  • Who Cares???Who Cares??? Posts: 1,167
    edited December 2011
    Either let this be an all out battle on wax or kill it before the new year. Enough with this Twitter bullshit.
  • bankrupt ballerbankrupt baller Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    i like common as well
    I like Common more than Drake actually

well maybe its a cape for canada thing you got going on....that has a nice ring to it by the way.
    edited December 2011
    $pyda wrote: »
    Oh yeh cause I'm sure all those compare to

Listen to the lyrics and ask me again
  • The DiddlerThe Diddler Posts: 17,336 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    see, this what im talking about, let drake fight his own battles!
    he got bold on stage right?
    Com going at drake solo but why drake got his bodyguards coming at common? and with some bullshit???
    niggas stay trying to re-write history.

ya'll go head and keep believing that Common was on some trickin shit...
    common aint never cosigned trickin and or being a punk ass bitch in your lyrics.
  • infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 28,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Either let this be an all out battle on wax or kill it before the new year. Enough with this Twitter bullshit.

edited December 2011
    No one saying Common is soft, ive heard all 9 of his albums and say he isn't
    but Com didn't exactly have that 50 image..
    See the Come Close video
  • P. TownP. Town Posts: 26,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Ya'll have got to stop defending this nigga Drake like this. It's sickening. Every nigga that goes at Drake ya'll try to find some flaw in them.
  • infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 28,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011

edited December 2011

Common has "street" shit too, but so does Drake. Fail to see the difference...just because Drake is singing the shit makes it more soft?
    The thing is Common was actually in the street though, Drake " street" shit is non believable. As far as Common gravitating towards more positive songs I think his music matured as he did.....
  • The DiddlerThe Diddler Posts: 17,336 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Drake aint street, he aint never been street, the boy is a child actor turned rapper.
    common is a drug dealing thug turned rapper turned actor.

big fucking difference.
    how the fuck drake able to talk bout the streets? and why the fuck are ya'll cosigning his fairytales?
    edited December 2011
    Here the thing
    IMO Drake doesn't talk about respecting women, He talks about possible being a woman

If he could, every track would be him spitting from a female POV, No J Cole Lost Ones

lol...........
    the perception of soft has changed, more shit is possible
    but the come close video was one the softest things to come out of hip hop, w.o the existence of drake
    and you know i was sitting here geeking out to that common concert like you was last night so you know I know my shit