The Official Ask A Moderator Thread( Donkey Edition) beef updated 7/1/12

SionSion Moderator, AHH Content Producer, AHH EditorPosts: 24,335 Regulator
edited July 2012 in AKA Donkey
Since the old one was deleted :( this is the new one.

Feel free to ask or request anything you need from the moderators. We will do our best to answer.

& yes we know The Reason is a wreck right now. It'll take some time to rebuild everything but we'll get there folks. And so the show must go on.....

Replies

• DarthRozayDarthRozay Posts: 18,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    First and most important matter of the IC: IP banning shadyteam

Only then, can we truly rebuild this forum and bring it back to its former glory.

can we at least put a cap on how many posts she make in a day? I'd say 5 is a good number
    stealthbomberpsycho_juggaloMr.Audigier216
  • SionSion Moderator, AHH Content Producer, AHH Editor Posts: 24,335 Regulator
    edited January 2012
    thechoice2 wrote: »
    Reason Mods, how do you feel about your Admin constantly losing control of his IC account?

Nothing I can really say fam cuz I dont know too much about it. But it happens, kind of a hassle tho cuz it really slows things down & then we gotta rebuild. A LOT of good threads were lost over this shit smh.
    how can you post pics from your cpu i dont have the url

Use photobucket. Go to photobucket dot com & create an account and then just upload your pics from your CPU to your photobucket account.
  • 5th Letter5th Letter AKA 5th Element Posts: 27,603 Regulator
    edited January 2012
    Reason Mods, how do you feel about your Admin constantly losing control of his IC account?

What do y'all wanna accomplish by doing this?
    edited January 2012
    Rvd I guess
  • RuffDraftRuffDraft Posts: 4,708 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012

I don't think that it is his fault, I know admins have their own jobs to attend to (IRL) just as we do and they do a great job of clearing up threads that you can't see, and believe us when we say, there is a LOT of spam that you don't see that the admins do a great job with. The mods just attend to the ones that you can see.

Moreover, the admins are always looking at ways to improve the site, it's just that it takes a lot of time to implement and it might not necessarily be their fault that it takes so long. We don't necessarily see the big picture.

All the mods do is the best that they can do, it's disheartening to see so many threads go by the way side. I spent a good while on one of them and that went in an instant a day later, SMH. So we understand how it feels to lose threads, just as you experience and we also feel even more disheartened with the fact that we're trying to do something with the site but things like this happen. It's tough, but believe, the I.C. is up and running and that's something to really appreciate given some of its downtime periods in the past.

Props to the other Reason mods for all the work that they do here.
    edited January 2012
    I speak for no one other than myself, but I would love to see the administration actually do something to secure this site from third party attackers. I would love to see the administration take the time to warn posters of the threat, to take steps towards preventing the threat, however that doesn't seem to be happening.

i understand your frustration but jay basically does what he can and is limited in terms of what he can do.
    edited January 2012
    psychothug wrote: »
    Sabu or RVD?

Ash Crimson or Iori ?
    edited January 2012
    psychothug wrote: »
    293128-iori8_super.jpg
    My answer.......

*daps*

*in denzel voice* my man...

Yo u know Iori got his powers back in KOF 13 ? Ash better run ! LOLOL. I gotta pick that joint up tho..... i got 12 & I enjoyed it. KOF 13 I heard is a huge step up.
  • BritishForCigarettBritishForCigarett Posts: 107
    edited January 2012
    I wanna apply for Modship..........The UK outsider is un-bias, has no feelings that can be caught.......and is not afraid of rebel hackers.......

Think on it......but I wanna get paid.
  • Fazeem_Blackall Fazeem_Blackall Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    The way that spam is deleted now is a much cleaner way than it was in Dec. 2009.

Mods have gone on banning sprees in the past, it's the same old story of, one ruins it for everyone else. Although, we're informed that changes to this could be coming in the near future…

We do get an insubordinate amount of spam, to be fair. Believe, it's frustrating to us as it is to you. It's very difficult to solve the problem though, as the spam would be directed inside of threads, which is even harder to clean up if we put a post limit up. I think the idea of allowing one of us to ban and having the spam remain will be a better idea as the bans will stop the spam of threads and the spam is easily viewable as a thread.

I or rather, we, don't have the answer to that. I have a Computer Science degree, I assume, given my knowledge, that it wouldn't be AS difficult as it seems to be, to make these sorts of changes - I still want the old smileys back. But given that we don't know the ins and outs, it's just speculation if we say this or that. There might be a really flawed system with the integration of vbulletin to allhiphop.com. It is still in its beta.

If the owner does feel that way, it's a great shame. This forum was the greatest back when it started - and for a good few years after that; it's a shame we lost so many of the great posters to the long periods of shutdowns.
    for the record you are interacting with one of the Hackers...
    edited January 2012
    for the record you are interacting with one of the self admitted Hackers...
    Fixed that for you.
    Here I fixed your fix for ya bitch boy...
    lol why is this thread stickied? What importance does this thread serve, yo?

Abuse of mod powers to promote his own agenda, same thing was done when a thread was made to diss Bilfiger by grouping all of his posts under one thread and calling it "homotional rants by tommy" or whatever it was called.

Abusing mod powers is funny, tho!

Naw abuse would be not exposing you gaylias hackers that would be abuse...
    lol like i give a fucc, abuse would be me deleting this thread and ever single one you made.

Oh, wait 10 mins and I will do that.
    You took the time to search my username, now I will search yours, we'll see who really cares and who doesn't.

Actually, I'm gonna let this thread stay up. Every other one you made is being deleted.
    If Tommy gets banned, I will unban him.

Tommy should have changed your pass and email address when he had that acct.
    lol @ Fazeem in the mod room snitchin on Tommy. The fucc that gonna do when none of you mods can even ban and your admin cant even keep his own account?
    damn you really are riled by it all these hurt feelings are not very sociopathic...
    You saying my feelings are hurt means absolutely nothing, you have nothing solid to based this stance on, other than me choosing to "abuse" mod powers in the same way that you did, only doing it better than you. Now if you had simply tried to come against me textually, you would only end up having me showing you just how superior to you I am in that aspect as well.

:tu that 5K plus Biggie thread is gone
    OTT. wrote: »
    Lmao at this shit happening three days ago, and this bitch ass nigger is stull hurt over some deleted threads on the internet, a bunch of typed words in a little grey box that mean nothing in life, and this bitch is soaking her pads, catching mad feelings cuz he got banned :(

You ever stop and think that we did that shit for LOSERS like you to do exactly what your displaying right now?

Ill delete this thread you bitch ass money..what the fuck u gonna do about it call me names?
    OTT. wrote: »
    All riled up? im not making posts about someone deleting threads, im laughing at you, what job are you doing fagzeem? cuz u know damn well ill log into your god damn account right now and delete any god damn thing i want to, just to make you lil more sad...i see your posts in the mod room too..u r acting like a straight bitch
    That's the difference between you and I, I don't justify or attempt to justify myself to people on the internet.
    damn you kittens still in here crying justify and explaining your weirdo needs for the attention you lack in the real world...
    edited January 2012
    I don't see any mod names under my account, nor do I see your name listed there. Like I said, alleged.
    aww so your statements about what you gare going to do then the follwow through are either you lying to kick it repping someone elses ability or lying that you did not do it now either ways you are still a pathetic gaylias liar with no real world power...
    edited January 2012
    Sounds like you're projecting. Go find your precious biggie hate threads and pac love threads...oh wait, they're hard deleted and you can't retrieve them.

Yup you got me you deleted those threads but good you have truly proven how bad ass you are in this here cyberverse...

LMFBAO...
  • edited January 2012
    Ahhh man lmaooo... this nigga JG is hilarious, nigga like Bishop showing up to Rahim's wake and then hugging his moms lol, the insincerity in the posts are nothing short of comical.. RuffDraft is the smartest, dumb nigga, ever! lmao @ him giving JG an articulate, well thought, grammaticallly impeccable, reply. For that stupidity alone, he should be demodded, pronto!

why you caping for that racist fag?
  • edited January 2012
    lol @ this alias.

lol @ your EMPLOYMENT opportunities.
    edited January 2012
    What you attempted and failed to do with Tommy? When you searched through all of his posts and combined them to make a thread to diss him? Yeah, I win for succeeding in doing what you failed to do, you should aspire to reach my level of savvy and sophistication, yo.

Yup you are a boss at this cyber shit nothing I could do in retaliation compares to you fruit loops fuckery...
  • edited January 2012
    @Fazeem...i had my original account banned by.....thechoice2 aka johnny green V aka macone...after I clowned his broke bitch ass for two weeks straight....can it be unbanned?
  • CainCain The audacity of you fuck niggas Cyttorax DimensionPosts: 32,690 Regulator
    edited January 2012
    AKA Ducky wrote: »
    @Fazeem...i had my original account banned by.....thechoice2 aka johnny green V aka macone...after I clowned his broke bitch ass for two weeks straight....can it be unbanned?

I'll answer that for you fam......only admins can do that and unfortunately they don't give a fuck.
    edited January 2012
    Cain_Marko wrote: »
    I'll answer that for you fam......only admins can do that and unfortunately they don't give a fuck.
    it is not they do not give a fuck right now as much as they have had their accounts hijacked...
  • H-Rap 180H-Rap 180 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012

the message #1
  • edited January 2012
    What's your original screen name? I'll unban you

#MoneyTeamCares

ha ha very funny mufucker...you the bitch that banned me...guess you and WallH still jacking each other off and he letting you use his account for mod powers...goofball ass whteboy..
  • Nah SonNah Son Habitual Line Stepper Posts: 7,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    ^ Fallacies... admin dont care about black people. Ive been banned 100 times unjustly and have sent about 5 pm's to admin in an attempt to get my accts back, sadly, out of the 5 attempts only once was the situation taken care of, the other 4 attempts fell on blind eyes. It took a hacker cracker to unban the sn I am posting with now, although he had his own agendas and ulterior motives.. faggot ass whiteboy smh

lmaoooooooo
  • alpo.alpo. Posts: 42
    edited January 2012
    What's your original screen name? I'll unban you

#MoneyTeamCares

That's that faggot smoking locs, whoever banned his bitch ass should've made it a permanent one.
  • RuffDraftRuffDraft Posts: 4,708 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    for the record you are interacting with one of the Hackers...

Props, that said, I still standby my post to people who read it.
    Ahhh man lmaooo... this nigga JG is hilarious, nigga like Bishop showing up to Rahim's wake and then hugging his moms lol, the insincerity in the posts are nothing short of comical.. RuffDraft is the smartest, dumb nigga, ever! lmao @ him giving JG an articulate, well thought, grammaticallly impeccable, reply. For that stupidity alone, he should be demodded, pronto!

Lol funny mistake; but funnily enough it wasn't just meant as a direct one to one conversation. Everybody peeps the thread and people need to know that some actually care for the board.

People invest time in their posts (the ones who actually discuss hip hop), so for them, it's a problem that you have the I.C. being take over, threads deleted etc. Just as it was a problem for you with bans.

People have been here for going on a decade now, it might just a be a message board to noobs, but in the I.C.s good days, it was more than that even if it was or now is just a favourite past time.
  • Soloman_The_WiseSoloman_The_Wise The Make It Happen Man... Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    Props, that said, I still standby my post to people who read it.

Lol funny mistake; but funnily enough it wasn't just meant as a direct one to one conversation. Everybody peeps the thread and people need to know that some actually care for the board.

People invest time in their posts (the ones who actually discuss hip hop), so for them, it's a problem that you have the I.C. being take over, threads deleted etc. Just as it was a problem for you with bans.

People have been here for going on a decade now, it might just a be a message board to noobs, but in the I.C.s good days, it was more than that even if it is just a favourite past time.
    as by now you can see they got my account again and are changing passwords via admin account to gain initial access they have your info already and have just chosen not to exploit it yet...

As to the rest I feel you I miss the discussions before it all became trolls and attention whores back when when the majority of those discussing cared and knew what they were talking about...