The Official 2011/2012 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Replies

• gucci7383gucci7383 Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭
    morris needs to be in the d-league getting minutes..hes a 6.4" pg with good vision... he'll be alright, alot of teams had him as a 1st rounder
  • playmaker88playmaker88 You over did it holmes, you in the danger zone, you shouldn't be alone Posts: 53,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morris also has Steve Francitis
  • CopperCopper The WickPosts: 38,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    point guard defense and a better shooting % will solve alot to the lakers woes
  • killapkillap Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry Toheeb...Gasol aint working out...
    playmaker88
  • playmaker88playmaker88 You over did it holmes, you in the danger zone, you shouldn't be alone Posts: 53,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    killap wrote:

Weak as fuck.. bynum still has remedial footwork basketball iq
  • TheIraqTheIraq Posts: 5,211 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They know he's been there main weakness so why
    TheIraq wrote:
    You know the Lakers are desperate cuz they workout Gilbert Arenas earlier this week... Smh Gilbert Arenas really?

lol you say that like arenas isnt a CLEAR upgrade to derek fisher

Why do you think Arenas hasn't been picked up by any teams yet? He's got a bad knee

edited February 2012
    Kobe just put Lakers management on point with postgame statements to trade Pau Gasol or say they're not going to trade him.

Quote:
    Kobe said he'd prefer Lakers don't trade Pau but said a decision needs to be made for Gasol to put his "whole heart" into game.

Quote:
    Kobe called Pau "consummate professional" but said: "If your head's on the chopping block, it's hard to put all of yourself into the game."

Bresnehan:

Quote:
    Kobe on persistent Pau trade rumors: "I wish managament would come out and either trade him or not trade him."

Quote:
    More Kobe on Pau: "It’s just tough for a player to give his all when you don’t know if you’re going to be here tomorrow."
    Needed to be said.. but they cant hamstring themselves by committing either way without a solid deal on the table Pau just gotta man the fuck up
  • toheeb27toheeb27 Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    killap wrote:

Some nights, it is very very difficult to defend my boy.
    Great start Lakeshow.. very impressed
  • yg4eva00yg4eva00 Posts: 207
    Damn....
    I wish they would play like this every game
  • called this shit....

this team only plays when they want to.. when their at their best they have the potential to be the best team in the WC easily.. in a 7game series no one will be able to handle are bigs.... but we gettin howard to so we makin oit to the finals again .. and gettin another ring
    Great win we needed that shit.. great energy level..
  • ^^^ called it...

dont even ask how
    infamous114
    I hear we are making a push for Ramon Sessions, I like it he's a solid 4th option a good 3pt shooter that we desperately need and is less of a defensive liability then Fisher
    killap wrote:
    I hear we are making a push for Ramon Sessions, I like it he's a solid 4th option a good 3pt shooter that we desperately need and is less of a defensive liability then Fisher

Also hearing we might get Beasley really really cheap. Things could get interesting post All-Star break.
  • ROFL..GUYROFL..GUY Posts: 225
    were gettin howard...

been sayin this for months... you will se that im right again in 2 weeks..
    Lakers just signed a 12yr 3 billion TV deal.. you really think the LAKERS wont have a SUperstar WHEN KOBE GONE>?
  • ...gotta win games on the road...the game @ Dallas tonite is huge...
    Great read here check it out
    Prior to the 2011-12 season, Lakers head coach Mike Brown was pretty excited about one of his (many) new coaching hires.

Phil Handy, a former NBA player who had spent eight years playing professionally in Europe before returning stateside to run his own basketball training business, was set to be Brown's new player development coach. His mission statement simple, if not easy: make the players better.

When the lockout was lifted in December, Handy packed his bags from his Bay Area home and departed for Los Angeles, eager to start working individually with every Laker from rookie Andrew Goudelock to Kobe Bryant.

Handy joined us earlier this week to discuss how footwork and balance are the key to hoops success, how Kobe uses footwork before dribbling to create space (just like Michael Jordan), what drills he does with the rookies, how you improve a super-skilled player like Pau Gasol, what Metta World Peace must do to sharpen his jumper and more:

Click Here for Q & A.
    http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/120221_philhandy.html
  • OhPeeOhPee Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it would be funny after all this speculation of trading one of the bigs, trading a draft pick, all this coverage on the Lakers' roster and absolutely nothing happens.
    Ugly win... but its a win.. love the aggression from pau

Who is that guy in the #2 jersey???
    Fish heard those trade rumors lol...Pau needs to know we need this every night
    Honestly though if we can scoop Beasley and Sessions without giving up anything major I say do it, it will sure up our bench a little
  • HypernovaHypernova Posts: 1,227
    never understood why they were/are so open to getting rid of pau
    Hypernova wrote:
    never understood why they were/are so open to getting rid of pau

Finally, someone who agrees with me.
  • gucci7383gucci7383 Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭
    lakers got 2 trade exception and 2 1st round picks, those are more likely to go then gasol...there not gonna break up there size advantage down low unless they can get howard......
    i can see them getting sessions tho.. i hear the cavs are looking 4 picks 4 him
This discussion has been closed.