What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

The Official MMA Thread: Conor McGregor vs Mayweather boxing (8.26), Jon Jones fails steroid test

Replies

• iKingGodGivBiziKingGodGivBiz What title? Posts: 29,044 Regulator
    Will Munny wrote: »
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    I am thinking of signing up for Jiu Jitsu classes. Is it something i can grasp easily at 32? I have never done Jiu Jitsu before.

Dog are you fuckin serious right now??!?

GO FUCKING TRAIN. You'll be happy you did.
    Never too late to learn.

New AHH Battle Rap Forum
    http://community.allhiphop.com/categories/the-battle-rap-zone
    Karma es verdad.
    toheeb27Black_SamsonHundredEyes Mastery
  • playmaker88playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Posts: 66,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cant believe all the people who think Conor has a chance

I mean he has fist he has a chance... but never underestimate hate/ irrationality ievery year people are ravenous with the hope that someone is gonna knock moneys block off.. each time out hes scared of this that and the other after the fight the narrative changes..
    MasteryleftcoastkevSionMallyG
  • TheBossmanTheBossman It All Started With A StarterCoat Posts: 19,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    are we posting here or in the boxing thread?
    #thisishiphop #ThisIsSmoothRnB track of the week.
    tumblr_oq107bw6Mq1rhttapo1_1280.png
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 29,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mastery wrote: »
    For all you MMA dudes... You might as well post up in the boxing thread tonight if you're watching the fight. That's where everyone will be.

ole niggas at my house...this place gonna be empty ass nigga
    you have the dude who is naturally thorough -Alpha
    you have the dude that wants to be thorough so he pretend to be Alpha -Beta
    then you have the nigga who wants to hang with the first two to be seen and grab any dropped crumbs.- Omega

I am still struggling between blocks to get from the have nots to the have yachts and I won't be stopped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhTZZdVbjio

Masterygum989
  • Yardie1Yardie1 Posts: 202 ✭✭
    Anybody got any streaming links. Would greatly appreciated
    tumblr_min1ubhGwj1rtopv8o1_500.gif
  • OmegaConflictOmegaConflict I AM A GIANT RETARD Posts: 37,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a piece of shit thread with no links
    f3a9c980b5d86bd26961db9af845ccd9.jpg
    Will Munnytoheeb27iKingGodGivBiz
  • playmaker88playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Posts: 66,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 27
    One thing is that imagine that this may have demystified Connor a bit.. for some opponents going back into the cage.. And i suppose it could serve as an education for Connor as well.. it could serve him well from striking/conditioning etc
  • toheeb27toheeb27 Posts: 9,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing is that imagine that this may have demystified Connor a bit.. for some opponents going back into the cage..

Not really. Most of his opponents have thought he was not that good and all hype before they fought him. He was never a "Feared" figure.
  • Will MunnyWill Munny Eatin pussy and kickin ass Posts: 29,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like he remystified himself after beating the shit out of Eddie Alvarez.
    Times are tough, but they ain't got nothin' on me.
  • GhostdenithegawdGhostdenithegawd Up from da 36 chambers HarlemPosts: 15,567 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welp rumors came out thats the substance Jon got caught for does nothing ........so thats why its take. With a stack of peds
    I really wanna know what the suspension is going to be.
    Jonah 2.0
  • Angeles1son85Angeles1son85 I'm an animal I shoulda been born in Jumanji Los AngelesPosts: 12,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to Ariel Helwani of MMA Fighting, the embattled UFC light heavyweight champion, who tested positive for anabolic steroid Turinabol the day before his UFC 214 knockout win over Daniel Cormier, reportedly passed a blood test from USADA in the hours after the event from Anaheim, California.

That means Jones tested negative one day after he failed the steroid on July 28, the day of weigh-ins for his bout versus Cormier. However, it has to be noted blood screenings do not test for Turinabol, begging the question as to exactly what USADA would be looking for if it was not anabolic steroids.
    2stepz_ahead
  • GhostdenithegawdGhostdenithegawd Up from da 36 chambers HarlemPosts: 15,567 ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to Ariel Helwani of MMA Fighting, the embattled UFC light heavyweight champion, who tested positive for anabolic steroid Turinabol the day before his UFC 214 knockout win over Daniel Cormier, reportedly passed a blood test from USADA in the hours after the event from Anaheim, California.

That means Jones tested negative one day after he failed the steroid on July 28, the day of weigh-ins for his bout versus Cormier. However, it has to be noted blood screenings do not test for Turinabol, begging the question as to exactly what USADA would be looking for if it was not anabolic steroids.

Confused
  • toheeb27toheeb27 Posts: 9,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else watch the Magomedsharipov fight yesterday? That was some impressive shit. I heard all the hype and the kid lived up to it. Hopefully they dont rush him.
  • Preach2TeachPreach2Teach I can't swim but my soul wont drown. Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dana will try to hold off the Conor/Nate 3rd fight as long as he can, if it's not Nate next he should fight Tony Ferguson, been hearing rumors that Conor could fight Paulie Malignaggi in Dublin in another boxing match if that happens then Conor will be taking the easy route for the easy money.
    tumblr_mkjxwejtaA1r6y219o1_500.gif
    Lmao fuck I'd pay to see him fight Paulie, and by pay I mean find a link.
    KNiGHTS
  • stringer bellstringer bell Posts: 23,984 ✭✭✭✭✭

Showtime releases trailer for new documentary about origins of mixed martial arts

To most people not intimately connected with mixed martial arts, MMA’s ascension to its status one of the most popular sports in America has probably felt pretty sudden. Ten years ago, most Americans had never heard of MMA or the UFC, let along watched a match on TV. Then, just like that, Dana White was everywhere, guys like Chuck Liddell and Jon “Bones” Jones were household names and Ronda Rousey was a crossover star.

But of course, MMA did not just burst out of nowhere. In an upcoming documentary called “Tough Guys,” Showtime will explore an underground fighting movement that began in Pittsburgh in 1979 and served as a precursor to modern MMA. The film is executive produced by Morgan Spurlock, known for “Super Size Me” and other popular documentaries.

When I was around 12 years old, my dad took me to my first tough man competition in my hometown of Beckley, W.V., and I have to admit, it was one of the greatest things I’d ever seen,” Spurlock said in a press release. “So when the opportunity came along for me help tell the story of its origin, I jumped at the chance. TOUGH GUYS is an unbelievable tale about the creation of this one of a kind, man against man, skill against skill, sport of the ages. Films like this are rare discoveries, and the characters behind them are even more incredible. If you like watching guys get punched in the face as much as I do, then you are going to love this movie.

Per a press release, “Tough Guys” will feature interviews with fighters, promoters and fans from the early days of MMA, as well as archival footage of the fights.

“Tough Guys” is directed by Henry Roosevelt and W.B. Zullo and produced by Craig DiBiase. It will air Sept. 15 at 9 p.m. ET on Showtime.
    vqllc3.jpg

eitedl.jpg

156s7y0.jpg

2zojh39.jpg

“Every generation has its own evil. But our evil is a different kind of evil — our systems are evil.” - Rev. Nicholas Richards
  • d.greend.green Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 8
    Cris Cyborg gets a California boxing license as UFC contract draws to a close

Cris Cyborg's future with the UFC continues to be in doubt as the women's featherweight champion has just been granted a California boxing license. According to MMAFighting.com, Cyborg plans to compete in the 154 pound junior middleweight division.

It's unclear whether she's serious about switching from MMA to boxing, or if this is perhaps just a negotiating tactic as her current UFC contract draws to a close in October. She's certainly been spending some time training the sweet science, as footage from WBC and IBF champ Claressa Shields shows.

• vinny vegasvinny vegas Posts: 193 ✭✭
    edited September 10
    Was that Jorge Gurgel doing the translation for Ketlen Vieira? I haven't seen him in a minute.
    charles-bronson-o.gif
    Will Munnygum989