The Official MMA Thread: McGregor vs Mayweather close to being confirmed

Replies

• Rampage12Rampage12 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KNiGHTS wrote: »
    I love his responses. Fights like that separate fans and casuals to me the way Mayweather fights do. Be a dumbass like the guy McGregor slumped rushing in or fight smart and try to find an opening and keep your belt.

And fuck Dana's flip flopping. You're boring if you fight strategically. You're a dumbass if you showboat (and get caught).

Eh, there's a difference between fighting a strategically sound fight and having basically a staring contest. This fight ranks up there with Tim Sylvia vs. Andrei Arlovski 3 and Anderson Silva vs. Demian Maia as one of the worst title fights in UFC history.
  • Will MunnyWill Munny I eat pussy on the 1st date. Posts: 28,890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    KNiGHTS wrote: »
    I love his responses. Fights like that separate fans and casuals to me the way Mayweather fights do. Be a dumbass like the guy McGregor slumped rushing in or fight smart and try to find an opening and keep your belt.

And fuck Dana's flip flopping. You're boring if you fight strategically. You're a dumbass if you showboat (and get caught).

Eh, there's a difference between fighting a strategically sound fight and having basically a staring contest. This fight ranks up there with Tim Sylvia vs. Andrei Arlovski 3 and Anderson Silva vs. Demian Maia as one of the worst title fights in UFC history.

Yeah it's up there, but guys generally don't get more exciting the more times they fight each other.

It was a terribly boring fight, but neight guy really did shit. Just the way it goes sometimes.

But looking at the betting lines for the fights this weekend Beneil Daruish is a +140 underdog. Was thinking about pulling my money after making some bread betting on Woodley but I think I may put some money Daruish
  • MR.CJMR.CJ Posts: 62,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Black_SamsonBlack_Samson do 10 pushups everytime you read my post... you know you want too. Posts: 59,624 Regulator
    at the end of the day, this fight had to happen.

dana knew the fight was gonna be ass from the jump, but instead of coming out and saying this fight would be wack stylistically, he chooses to shit on his champion.

i do not understand that from a business stand point, and see the new owners growing tired of it quickly.
    Will Munny
    MR.CJ wrote: »

I agree with everything he said except the GSP part. I think GSP would dismantle him but I'm obviously bias as a huge GSP fan.
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 23,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will Munny wrote: »
    MR.CJ wrote: »

I agree with everything he said except the GSP part. I think GSP would dismantle him but I'm obviously bias as a huge GSP fan.

Well he's not exactly saying that he'd crush GSP. He's just saying that he hits hard and he doesn't believe that GSP wants to fight someone like that. So technically, you both could be right. GSP could dominate him, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't be able to get off a couple shots that GSP doesn't want to deal with.
    Yeah I agree with that. GSP may not wanna deal with a power puncher. I feel GSP would be okay against Woodley tho, cause Woodley isn't a volume striker that pieces guys out, he gets a few bombs to land but he hits super hard so that's all he needs, but I believe GSP could avoid that.
  • gdatruth2.0gdatruth2.0 Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    who knows what GSP we get when he comes back but towards the end GSP became much a cautious wrestler first fighter (lay & pray). Proably had the best MMA wrestling in the business, but not sure how it would stackup against Woodley.

basically dont think GSP is odds on favorite and wouldnt be suprised if it ended up being a boring fight if it ever happens
    GSP wrestling so good tho he could open up on Woodley on the feet. Wonderboy never opened up once in the second fight cause he was scared of the take down.
  • iKingGodGivBiziKingGodGivBiz What title? Posts: 28,784 Regulator
    Lol Bisping has great TDD and better boxing than GSP. GSP is gonna get his ass kicked. The layoff doesnt help and he was shown to get damaged very easily by guys who are smaller than Bisping who came down from 205.

What a lucky fight for Bisping to avoid Yoel Jacare and Rochold again. Hell Bisping probably loses to Mousasi also, but not to this three year layoff was given a gift over Johnny Hendricks version of GSP.

His downfall gonna be worse than A Silva. At least A Silva looks competetive. GSP I would be surprised at. We'll see id Im wrong but I highlgy doubt it.
  • GhostdenithegawdGhostdenithegawd Up from da 36 chambers HarlemPosts: 14,552 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol Bisping has great TDD and better boxing than GSP. GSP is gonna get his ass kicked. The layoff doesnt help and he was shown to get damaged very easily by guys who are smaller than Bisping who came down from 205.

What a lucky fight for Bisping to avoid Yoel Jacare and Rochold again. Hell Bisping probably loses to Mousasi also, but not to this three year layoff was given a gift over Johnny Hendricks version of GSP.

His downfall gonna be worse than A Silva. At least A Silva looks competetive. GSP I would be surprised at. We'll see id Im wrong but I highlgy doubt it.

Let's not do this MMA math shit bisping TDD is great and all but let's not act like gsp doesn't have a chance of getting him down we also never seen a 185 version of gsp ,
    He had years to properly train to be at 185 we should expect a more powerful gap and he will have a massive speed advantage

Bisping has been coming off some battles the Past few years while gap is fresh

With Anderson Winning his fight there alot of motivation for gsp to get that superfight paper win/lose and retire again
    Will Munny
  • The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 23,277 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's not do this MMA math shit bisping TDD is great and all but let's not act like gsp doesn't have a chance of getting him down we also never seen a 185 version of gsp ,
    He had years to properly train to be at 185 we should expect a more powerful gap and he will have a massive speed advantage

With Anderson Winning his fight there alot of motivation for gsp to get that superfight paper win/lose and retire again

Don't even think that shit man. I'm and Anderson fan, but I don't even really want to see him fight anymore Win or Lose. He's just not the same. Him vs GSP at this point wouldn't be a superfight.
    Will Munny
  • GhostdenithegawdGhostdenithegawd Up from da 36 chambers HarlemPosts: 14,552 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't even think that shit man. I'm and Anderson fan, but I don't even really want to see him fight anymore Win or Lose. He's just not the same. Him vs GSP at this point wouldn't be a superfight.

Anderson is confusing alot of shit was mental for him he started destroying bisping when he turnt up

Then turned it back down after the knee nigga need to fight angry
  • R0mpR0mp Keep Moving. Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kevin stepped in Brazil, gave 'em the bird, and made their hometown boy tap.
    toheeb27gdatruth2.0
  • toheeb27toheeb27 Posts: 8,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    R0mp wrote: »
    Kevin stepped in Brazil, gave 'em the bird, and made their hometown boy tap.

LOL, dude runs his mouth ALOt, but props to him for backing it up. LMAo at him asking to fight Khabib, Shoot your shot i guess...
    R0mp
  • playmaker88playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Posts: 64,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This dude fought at 155 cot damn he looks like hes 180+
    toheeb27
    edited March 12
    I still can't take Javier Bardem face seriously after this:

VelvetyBelatedBellsnake.gif
    toheeb27Will Munny
  • playmaker88playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Posts: 64,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She puttin the beats by brazil on her ass right now
    R0mp
    10-9
    10-9
    10-8
    Draw.
    Shit changed on a dime..
    toheeb27
    whew what a shot..
    R0mp
    Fuck that was nasty. Pissed at myself for missing it happening live...
  • toheeb27toheeb27 Posts: 8,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    whew what a shot..

Timed perfectly. Very similar to the way Romero ended Wiedman
    playmaker88
  • dontdiedontkillanyondontdiedontkillanyon Show me some love, you losers. Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're both head hunting.