What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

JAZZ LEADERS OF THE NEW SCHOOL (ROBERT GLASPER, Esperanza Spalding and Jose James)

waterproofwaterproof Conqueror of SelfOn The Road to ZionPosts: 9,390 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2012 in R&B & Alternatives
These cats right here is what Jazz needed to bring black kids and some adults back to the culture of jazz. Jazz (be-bop) was and still is the spirit of hip-hop. These artist have great albums that any Soul, R&B, hip-hop head can vibe to.

Hip-hop and Jazz always been connected and these artist are influence by the greats of Jazz like Dizzy, Miles, Bird Parker, Thelonius Monk just as much as J-Dilla and Q-tip who is mention as influence.

JOSE JAMES - “No Beginning, No End.” is dropping soon

ROBERT GLASPER - "BLACK RADIO" is out next week

Esperanza Spalding - "RADIO MUSIC SOCIETY" is out in a few weeks

go check them out, give your thoughts and if you got any more new artist who deserve shine as Jazz Leaders of The New School, Hip us to them.

Your best rapper saying 'YES, MASSA', when they beat 'em - HELL RAZAH

tumblr_molvoods6A1qeow5po1_500.jpg
SimpleKomplexity

Replies

• waterproofwaterproof Conqueror of Self On The Road to ZionPosts: 9,390 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OFF of Robert Glasper New ALbum BLACK RADIO

• I'm already an Esperanza Spalding and Robert Glasper fan and look forward to their albums coming out. I wasn't familiar with Jose James and I'm gonna check him out. I am a fan of Jazz so it's nice to see threads like these.
    waterproof
    I'm already an Esperanza Spalding and Robert Glasper fan and look forward to their albums coming out. I wasn't familiar with Jose James and I'm gonna check him out. I am a fan of Jazz so it's nice to see threads like these.

Yo you have to go to check out Jose James and cop his albums, the brother is smooth and all his albums is short of classic.

SimpleKomplexity
    Some new aritst that's making waves.

• Black_SamsonBlack_Samson do 10 pushups everytime you read my post... you know you want too. Posts: 61,226 Regulator
    i got the last RG PODCAST/MIXTAPE
    the one with their rendition of Roy Ayers "Searching"

thank you to whomever it was that put me on.
    if i were an FBI Agent tasked with monitoring a forum, I'd post random pictures and watch the reactions of the people.
    j3xxbrubogcz1kewbepy.gif

Você é um otário. Zé buceta. Vai tomar no meio do seu cu. Filho da puta. Arrombado
    King Of The Onomatopoeia

the kid is a problem

edited March 2012
    Esperanza Spalding

• The Lonious MonkThe Lonious Monk Man with No Fucks Given Posts: 25,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    waterproof wrote: »
    Yo you have to go to check out Jose James and cop his albums, the brother is smooth and all his albums is short of classic.

That first song is real tight. I might have to check out some of these new cats. I like jazz, but on the real I've never really bought any jazz cds. I usually don't like single artists enough to do that. I just listen jazz stations on pandora and other internet radio stations.
    Niggas think that they own things and man sits high upon thrones
    But when you die, tell me what the fuck you own.
    When your skin, flesh, and bones find a permanent home
    as food for worms or fossils trapped in stone. - Rza in "What's Going On?"

m63Y62.gif
    i got the last RG PODCAST/MIXTAPE
    the one with their rendition of Roy Ayers "Searching"

thank you to whomever it was that put me on.

that's a nice cover of that classic, Roy Ayers have some great cuts, I really diggin his music right now with Grover Washington Jr. I kind of pissed Robert Glasper was in Oakland last week and i didn't get the chance to buy a tix to see the dude

That first song is real tight. I might have to check out some of these new cats. I like jazz, but on the real I've never really bought any jazz cds. I usually don't like single artists enough to do that. I just listen jazz stations on pandora and other internet radio stations.

Jose James is worth your money, but adding Glasper and Spralding is a nice little collection because it can be played because of the soul and hip-hop feel to it.

• mayluvmayluv Posts: 4
    dope thread!
    "I'll play it first and tell you what it is later." - Miles Davis
    Glasper Defends His Mainstream Success

Here's another new one on the scene, Darryl Reeves. He's recorded with Glasper before. His new album is called "Mercury". Dopeness.

• I love Ah Yeah n Cherish The Day..By Robert Glasper...Esperanza is Awesome...Jeff Bradshaw Is Also Good..As Well As Roy Hargrove
  • Jeff Bradshaw-Can I Come Over

Roy Hargrove-Poetry
    mayluv wrote: »
    Here's another new one on the scene, Darryl Reeves. He's recorded with Glasper before. His new album is called "Mercury". Dopeness

Good looking on the drop, I have to give him a listen and find his album. I know a few jazz artist who play with Robert Glasper are supposed to have some albums dropping

Good looking on the drop, I have to give him a listen and find his album. I know a few jazz artist who play with Robert Glasper are supposed to have some albums dropping

cool. here's another one he dropped with Saunders Sermons, When Doves Cry cover . . .