12yo Kadejah Davis Killed Over A Cell Phone Dispute That Someone Had With Her Mother

Black_SamsonBlack_Samson Posts: 41,114
edited February 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
no names yet on the 2 arrested
DETROIT (WXYZ) - Police say a 35-year-old woman and her 19-year-old son are in custody in connection with the shooting death of a 12-year-old girl in Detroit, Tuesday.
They were both arrested just hours apart after the shooting.
Tonight people in the neighborhood came together to remember Kadejah Davis who police say was shot and killed over a dispute about a cell phone.
12-year-old Kadejah Davis was doing her homework in the living room right before several bullets sprayed her front door.
“I miss her so much. I just want her back. She’s just well loved,” said her mother Amanda Talton.
Friends and family held a vigil for the 12-year-old in front of her home on Ferguson Street where the shooting happened just before 9 o’clock Tuesday night. Police say five bullets sprayed the front door of after mom had an argument with two people. Talton said she had just returned home from checking on her tax return when a woman from the tax service showed up with a man. She said the two did not believe that she turned in a cell phone she had found in the bathroom of the tax service and thought she still had it. She closed the door thinking the argument was over, but apparently, they did not and she said they fired away.

“I didn’t deserve this, my baby didn’t deserve this. If you were coming to shoot me, why didn’t you just shoot me?” asked Talton.

Three of the five bullets that went through the door hit Kadejah. Two bullets hit the 12-year-old in the head and one struck her in the ribs. Kadejah was a sixth grader at University YES Academy in Detroit with a 4.1 GPA. Kadejah had just celebrated her birthday on Saturday.
[...]
http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/...#ixzz1lCR6xSYq

Vigil held for 12-year-old Detroit girl killed in shooting
Police arrest two in connection with deadly shooting
DETROIT -
Family and friends gathered Wednesday night to mourn 12-year-old Kadejah Davis, who was killed Tuesday when bullets were fired into her west Detroit home.
A candlelight vigil was held outside the home on Ferguson Street.
Kadejah was an honor student at University Yes Academy. She was already planning to attend Louisiana State University to play on the school's basketball team while preparing to become a doctor.
Police arrested two people in connection with the shooting. They have not yet identified the people in custody.
One is reported to be the man who fired the fatal shots and the other a woman who accompanied him.
[....]
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/n...6/-/index.html
6-P-KID-FATAL-SHTG-FERGUSON_20120201200913_320_2401.jpg
Kadejah Davis

ly4k7.jpg

Comments