WestCoast we did it!!! Kendrick Lamar signed to Aftermath!!!

H-Rap 180H-Rap 180 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in AllHipHop Daily News
http://www.thefader.com/2012/03/08/kendrick-lamar-and-black-hippy-sign-with-aftermath-and-interscope/

snoop-dancing-o.gif

I know Iovine is the synagogue of Satan but we got the machine now!

Top Dawg Entertainment’s founder and namesake, Anthony “Top Dawg” Tiffith says that TDE has “just closed” a joint venture deal with Interscope Records and Aftermath Entertainment, the Interscope imprint founded by Dr. Dre.

black-hippy.jpg

Kendrick Lamar’s forthcoming Good Kid In A Mad City will be released jointly by Top Dawg, Aftermath and Interscope. Future releases by Schoolboy Q, Ab-Soul and Jay Rock will be released jointly by Top Dawg and Interscope. More details on the deal, from Tiffith, are coming soon.

Read more: Kendrick Lamar and Black Hippy Sign With Aftermath and Interscope « The FADER

Spoiler:
SuperDragonStoneColdMikeytru_m.a.cTommy Bilfiger.DMTxTHCYoung-Icejuan travolta

Replies

• JDSTAYWITIT.JDSTAYWITIT. .........Call Me On Shiniqua's Phone #GIANTS #2014/2012/2010 #FUCK.KCPosts: 11,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is coo man I mean even tho you could see this coming from a mile away still a good look
    soul rattler
  • In Your Moms RoomIn Your Moms Room Posts: 7,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    A Kendrcik Lamar and yelowolf track would be sick! They got two of the most unique flows in the game
    H-Rap 180Will Munnysoul rattlerEar2ThaStMdizzle9000Jabu_Ruletru_m.a.ct_m_a_c_f_a_n73088Young-IceSneakDZAjuan travolta
  • RahlowRahlow Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aftermath is what screwed my ex producer Focus over and in turn, screwed us over

nuff on that shit

I wish these dude the best though most of them wont be coming out.
    soul rattlerEar2ThaStbankrupt ballerYoung-Ice
  • AggyAFAggyAF Queen fi England haffi love (half) yardie Zoo JerseyPosts: 26,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no lie i half expected Kendrick to sign with YMCMB
    soul rattlerMdizzle9000StoneColdMikey
  • yeah i rap so don't yeah i rap so don't Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    I predicted this would happen over a year ago when they gained interest in Kendrick and they were pushing their other artists into Jimmy's face too. I am happy for them. Happy someone I actually know is on Interscope. Dope thing for them. I was going to post this thread, but my internet was down. Their CEO tweeted about it a couple minutes before this article came out.
    Ear2ThaStStoneColdMikey
  • I Am Jay PeeI Am Jay Pee Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will be the westcoast first real lyricist
    yeah i rap so don't BARON_$AMEDIsoul rattler_Goldie_Ear2ThaStnj2089StewHthaRXblackdemonillerthekidSwiffness!Trillaaaaaa
  • H-Rap 180H-Rap 180 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    I predicted this would happen over a year ago when they gained interest in Kendrick and they were pushing their other artists into Jimmy's face too. I am happy for them. Happy someone I actually know is on Interscope. Dope thing for them. I was going to post this thread, but my internet was down. Their CEO tweeted about it a couple minutes before this article came out.

Yeah everybody knew Kendrick was the Golden boy and that they had their eyes on him but nobody expected Interscope to give TDE & Black Hippy as a whole a deal!.

Im really excited because we got the ammunition we just needed some decent weaponry and solid funding so we can go to war and bring this shit back to the West-coast.

Man its been a drought.. Snoop been on his buffoon shit, Dre been sleepwalking and the shit been meager over hear but we got the illest clique damn near and we got Kendrick who aint too many emcess fucking with.

Man, this movement gonna bubble with the right push!

soul rattlerTommy Bilfiger.SneakDZATrillaaaaaa
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »

Yeah everybody knew Kendrick was the Golden boy and that they had their eyes on him but nobody expected Interscope to give TDE & Black Hippy as a whole a deal!.

Im really excited because we got the ammunition we just needed some decent weaponry and solid funding so we can go to war and bring this shit back to the West-coast.

Man its been a drought.. Snoop been on his buffoon shit, Dre been sleepwalking and the shit been meager over hear but we got the illest clique damn near and we got Kendrick who aint too many emcess fucking with.

Man, this movement gonna bubble with the right push!

I knew they were working on getting TDE as a whole a deal. Dude Dawg is a cool guy. When I met him he was real straight forward and serious, but not over-whelming of a guy. When they didn't announce Kendirck's signing, I knew they were working on a deal for the rest of the rappers at TDE.

• southernmadesouthernmade Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He has to drop music in a reasonable amount of time though.....he can't wait anothr two years to drop an album....
    Ear2ThaStnj2089StoneColdMikeyt_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
  • Awesome news. I don't think Dre or Interscope will hold back their projects. TDE has a strong fanbase. Kendrick Lamar album coming out by year's end.
    soul rattler
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher One Cold Ass Honkey It's Cold, AlaskaPosts: 28,617 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think kendrick would be a priority on aftermath, dont think Dre will shelve this dude. especially the buzz him and the crew have
  • OLD NEWS! REAL INSIDERS IN "HIP-HOP" WITH REAL CONNECTIONS UNLIKE H-CRAP KNEW ABOUT THIS SHIT 6 MONTHS AGO! THEY BEEN WORKING ON IT FOR ABOUT A YEAR NOW, INTERSCOPE DIDNT WANA DO ANY JOINT VENTURES THAT WAS THE REASON FOR THE HOLD UP BUT ONCE JIMMY OPENED HIS EYES AND REALIZE THAT TOP DOGG ENT AINT BUDGING WITHOUT A JOINT VENTURE HE WAS FORCE TO FOLD! SO BIG UPS TO TOP DOGG ENT FOR HOLDING THEY OWN...
    AggyAFsoul rattlerEar2ThaStJDSTAYWITIT.StoneColdMikeybankrupt baller
  • AggyAFAggyAF Queen fi England haffi love (half) yardie Zoo JerseyPosts: 26,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OLD NEWS! REAL INSIDERS IN "HIP-HOP" WITH REAL CONNECTIONS UNLIKE H-CRAP KNEW ABOUT THIS SHIT 6 MONTHS AGO! THEY BEEN WORKING ON IT FOR ABOUT A YEAR NOW, INTERSCOPE DIDNT WANA DO ANY JOINT VENTURES THAT WAS THE REASON FOR THE HOLD UP BUT ONCE JIMMY OPENED HIS EYES AND REALIZE THAT TOP DOGG ENT AINT BUDGING WITHOUT A JOINT VENTURE HE WAS FORCE TO FOLD! SO BIG UPS TO TOP DOGG ENT FOR HOLDING THEY OWN...

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOUR CAPS LOCK BUTTON??????????????
    soul rattlerEar2ThaStStoneColdMikeySneakDZA
  • CracceRCracceR ૐ☯★♑☮⌘ Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dre should just give the detox beats to kendrick and other upcoming westcoast rappers
    Already Home_17Ear2ThaStStoneColdMikeyYoung-Ice
  • Texasmaniac409Texasmaniac409 Posts: 356 ✭✭✭
    $ho wrote: »
    RIP their careeers

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    this
    SuperDragonEar2ThaStsoul rattlerIn Your Moms RoomJDSTAYWITIT.
  • 2Fresh2def2Fresh2def Posts: 935 ✭✭✭
    WOW!!!!!! totally didnt see this coming, interscope only has like every fuckin west coast artist out
  • 2Fresh2def2Fresh2def Posts: 935 ✭✭✭
    $ho wrote: »
    RIP their careeers

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    this

yeah, they would have gone to ymcmb , the detox will come out before these niggas album...... just ask yo boi....aka the west coast savior ...... bishop lamant
    soul rattler
  • LOL! NAH I TYPE HOW I SPEAK LOUD N CLEAR...
  • KingJamalKingJamal Posts: 20,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aftermath???

LMAO
  • northside7northside7 Posts: 18,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He has to drop music in a reasonable amount of time though.....he can't wait anothr two years to drop an album....

No doubt, Jay Rock the only one with an album out. IMO Overly Dedicated should have been a studio album with a major release..
  • Ear2ThaStEar2ThaSt Posts: 18,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    congrats to TDE. this will help out the guys that aren't as popular as Kendrick.
    JDSTAYWITIT.StoneColdMikey

TDE signed a joint venture with Aftermath and Interscope. Not Kendrick Jay Rock AB-Soul and Schoolboy Q. They are signed to TDE.
    JDSTAYWITIT.
    edited March 2012
    Dude Dawg not happy with Fader and their article.

@dangerookipawaa
    TDE signed a joint venture with Aftermath and Interscope. Not Kendrick Jay Rock AB-Soul and Schoolboy Q. They are signed to TDE.

They go where I take them. I don't like how Fader titled the story. The story was about Top Dawg Entertainment.
    SneakDZA