What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

WestCoast we did it!!! Kendrick Lamar signed to Aftermath!!!

Replies

• southernmadesouthernmade Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude Dawg not happy with Fader and their article.

@dangerookipawaa
    TDE signed a joint venture with Aftermath and Interscope. Not Kendrick Jay Rock AB-Soul and Schoolboy Q. They are signed to TDE.

They go where I take them. I don't like how Fader titled the story. The story was about Top Dawg Entertainment.

them niggas trippin....yeah it might be the whole label but lets be real....most people only fuck with Kendrick...absoul...and schoolboy q....
    tru_m.a.c
  • yeah i rap so don't yeah i rap so don't Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dangerookipawaa
    TDE signed a joint venture with Aftermath and Interscope. Not Kendrick Jay Rock AB-Soul and Schoolboy Q. They are signed to TDE.

They go where I take them. I don't like how Fader titled the story. The story was about Top Dawg Entertainment.

them niggas trippin....yeah it might be the whole label but lets be real....most people only fuck with Kendrick...absoul...and schoolboy q....

How is he trippin'? As far as rappers they only got Kendrick, Jay Rock, Ab, Q, and Willie B. They have had mor ein the past, but people think the music business is different than what it is so they have had to let some go over the years. Fader wanted people to see names they recognized, but Top has his studio open 24/7. Since 2005 he has been doing that. There is always someone there unless they are all out doing ventures.His studio is at his home btw. Can you imagine paying the electricity bill for that every month? Believing in these dudes when no one did? I remember in 06 speaking with him and his son about it and they asked if I even heard of Jay Rock or K Dot. I remember listening to the first mixtape the camp ever put out in Ab's car before they ever did anything, before Ab was even in Top Dawg. I remember when he told me he was going to be apart of it...shit they got Jay Rock a deal before they even put it out. They have had to beg for people to let them open. They been working with The Game and Lil Wayne FOR YEARS.Dude Dawg built a brand and I can see why he wants it to be known. You never see him in the videos or nothing like that..why? Because he wants the artists to be seen, but wants the brand to be known bro.
    How many dudes have you really shot
    you rely on muscle memory no wonder you forgot
    how stupid can you be,I'm world class,who you teaching ass
    you got broad shoulders prom queen, carry that
    your top five lists can not be taken seriously (naw)
    when the reaper takes them all seriously (yeah)
    you should have died as one of your moms cramps
    fuck around get your skull turned into boot camp (ha)
    I am not the one who you want to have bothered
    your mom water shouldn't have broke if Moses was your father (hungh)
    I just stepped out the nexus to answer who next is
    what perplexes me is you all know I'm sicker,you disagree
    you iller?, make your move Nomad (damn)
    I got better reflexes than Body Builders
    demolition man, is he stallone,snipes,or the reem
    all you self-centered clowns can't stop the dream (stupid)

The essence of my pubescence was stick to the lessons
    Keep the substance in the artwork solid,no need for stressin
    Shit, rap smoke and mirrors
    I aint dyin' off the second hand from the reflection of another man
    Not tryin' to hear who you think more clever, it whatever
    Dead at the same time, they toe-to-toe, neck-and-neck forever
    Dexterity is dexter, my pressure is impressing
    Buffalo Bill, but the victims doing the cross-dressing
    You nobodies get piled in the bathtub
    why you think it's called the rest room
    The brand is new, just call it a flesh-wound
    Word is born, who needs a flesh womb
    If I diss you, better just take that
    I coin phrases,Harvey Dent aint got the balls to flip that
    Sergeons need image awards if they save face
    Cave your chest in until Osama and Bruce Wayne could be roommates
    You gassed already, that's what happens when your hate unconditional
    Your favorite rappers is weak, but you virgins use to putting pussy on a pedestal
    tru_m.a.c

@dangerookipawaa

How is he trippin'? As far as rappers they only got Kendrick, Jay Rock, Ab, Q, and Willie B. They have had mor ein the past, but people think the music business is different than what it is so they have had to let some go over the years. Fader wanted people to see names they recognized, but Top has his studio open 24/7. Since 2005 he has been doing that. There is always someone there unless they are all out doing ventures.His studio is at his home btw. Can you imagine paying the electricity bill for that every month? Believing in these dudes when no one did? I remember in 06 speaking with him and his son about it and they asked if I even heard of Jay Rock or K Dot. I remember listening to the first mixtape the camp ever put out in Ab's car before they ever did anything, before Ab was even in Top Dawg. I remember when he told me he was going to be apart of it...shit they got Jay Rock a deal before they even put it out. They have had to beg for people to let them open. They been working with The Game and Lil Wayne FOR YEARS.Dude Dawg built a brand and I can see why he wants it to be known. You never see him in the videos or nothing like that..why? Because he wants the artists to be seen, but wants the brand to be known bro.

I understand your point...
  • NAWLEDGE_REIGNSNAWLEDGE_REIGNS Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭
    Somewhere

Gage
    Rakim
    Bishop Lamont
    Joell Ortiz
    Stat Quo
    King Tee
    Hittman
    Last Emperor
    Raekwon
    RBX
    Truth Hurts

......Is Smiling
    StillFaggyAFD.Originaldwade206SneakDZA
  • poindexter2poindexter2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bad move. he's ruined his career. another dope emcee gone down the drain. i swear i think aftermath is a filter for record execs to put dope artist who dont conform to the bullshit
    1779243_843468661949_2223212334890696667_n.jpg?oh=2596af3c79f9265458b3e1d004c623bf&oe=54E86424

tumblr_llqh75j50t1qbbb7uo1_500.gif
    tumblr_mcw99uvCbd1rv118l.gif
    RuffDraft
  • StewStew Rap Music Is My Religion HTTRPosts: 51,820 Regulator
    Good deal. Hopefully we get somethin soon. Maybe even speed up the Detox process
    SuperDragonStoneColdMikey
  • JDSTAYWITITJDSTAYWITIT .........Tell your mother she has a cute mouth #GIANTS #2014/2012/2010 #FUCK.KCPosts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somewhere

Gage
    Rakim
    Bishop Lamont
    Joell Ortiz
    Stat Quo
    King Tee
    Hittman
    Last Emperor
    Raekwon
    RBX
    Truth Hurts

......Is Smiling

What's ur point B?
    CHAMPION.

2dvmqeh.jpg
    B1Khl_OCIAAFOUD.jpg

West$ide.
    StillFaggyAFsoul rattlerSneakDZA
    Dizzel3000 wrote: »
    Somewhere

Gage
    Rakim
    Bishop Lamont
    Joell Ortiz
    Stat Quo
    King Tee
    Hittman
    Last Emperor
    Raekwon
    RBX
    Truth Hurts

......Is Smiling

What's ur point B?

all those artist were signed to Aftermath....and none of they're albums came out on Aftermath.....Add Marsha Ambrosius to that list too....even though she's clearly not trippin about it...

• JDSTAYWITITJDSTAYWITIT .........Tell your mother she has a cute mouth #GIANTS #2014/2012/2010 #FUCK.KCPosts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somewhere

Gage
    Rakim
    Bishop Lamont
    Joell Ortiz
    Stat Quo
    King Tee
    Hittman
    Last Emperor
    Raekwon
    RBX
    Truth Hurts

......Is Smiling

What's ur point B?

all those artist were signed to Aftermath....and none of they're albums came out on Aftermath.....Add Marsha Ambrosius to that list too....even though she's clearly not trippin about it...

This is the record industry B.... I can give you a list like that for just about every major label moving .... So again I ask what's ur point?
    CHAMPION.

2dvmqeh.jpg
    B1Khl_OCIAAFOUD.jpg

West$ide.
    StillFaggyAFsilverfoxx
    Dont nobody bump west coast rappers out here

them niggas wack as fuck

Congrats I guess, it don't matter to nobody outside your trash region

What's all this west coast hostility about? Where you from anyway?

CHAMPION.

2dvmqeh.jpg
    B1Khl_OCIAAFOUD.jpg

West$ide.
  • StillFaggyAFStillFaggyAF Queer LGBT CommunityPosts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭

them niggas wack as fuck

he's the local tupac hater, leave him alone

LvbxPzB.gif

tumblr_nhmcjbdFri1snb2l4o5_r1_500.gif
    full?d=1430459989

$ho wrote: »

them niggas wack as fuck

he's the local tupac hater, leave him alone

Oh ok ....
    CHAMPION.

2dvmqeh.jpg
    B1Khl_OCIAAFOUD.jpg

West$ide.
  • deathrowzorrowdeathrowzorrow Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • 704Hustla704Hustla Posts: 838 ✭✭✭
    that's cool..i thought jay rock was signed to tech nine's label??..and they didn't pick up nipsey out there
    Somewhere

Gage
    Rakim
    Bishop Lamont
    Joell Ortiz
    Stat Quo
    King Tee
    Hittman
    Last Emperor
    Raekwon
    RBX
    Truth Hurts

......Is Smiling

What's ur point B?

This is the record industry B.... I can give you a list like that for just about every major label moving .... So again I ask what's ur point?

my point is I was just explaining to you why oh boy made the list...yes other labels have just as many artist who dont release shit...but those were artist Dre personally cosigned and none of them released an album.....Busta was on Aftermath three years and only released one album...We as fans just dont want to see the same shit happen to Kendrick Lamar....thats my point B...
  • yeah i rap so don't yeah i rap so don't Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    704Hustla wrote: »
    that's cool..i thought jay rock was signed to tech nine's label??..and they didn't pick up nipsey out there

Nipsey got his own shit bro...come on man.
    How many dudes have you really shot
    you rely on muscle memory no wonder you forgot
    how stupid can you be,I'm world class,who you teaching ass
    you got broad shoulders prom queen, carry that
    your top five lists can not be taken seriously (naw)
    when the reaper takes them all seriously (yeah)
    you should have died as one of your moms cramps
    fuck around get your skull turned into boot camp (ha)
    I am not the one who you want to have bothered
    your mom water shouldn't have broke if Moses was your father (hungh)
    I just stepped out the nexus to answer who next is
    what perplexes me is you all know I'm sicker,you disagree
    you iller?, make your move Nomad (damn)
    I got better reflexes than Body Builders
    demolition man, is he stallone,snipes,or the reem
    all you self-centered clowns can't stop the dream (stupid)

The essence of my pubescence was stick to the lessons
    Keep the substance in the artwork solid,no need for stressin
    Shit, rap smoke and mirrors
    I aint dyin' off the second hand from the reflection of another man
    Not tryin' to hear who you think more clever, it whatever
    Dead at the same time, they toe-to-toe, neck-and-neck forever
    Dexterity is dexter, my pressure is impressing
    Buffalo Bill, but the victims doing the cross-dressing
    You nobodies get piled in the bathtub
    why you think it's called the rest room
    The brand is new, just call it a flesh-wound
    Word is born, who needs a flesh womb
    If I diss you, better just take that
    I coin phrases,Harvey Dent aint got the balls to flip that
    Sergeons need image awards if they save face
    Cave your chest in until Osama and Bruce Wayne could be roommates
    You gassed already, that's what happens when your hate unconditional
    Your favorite rappers is weak, but you virgins use to putting pussy on a pedestal
    Somewhere

Gage
    Rakim
    Bishop Lamont
    Joell Ortiz
    Stat Quo
    King Tee
    Hittman
    Last Emperor
    Raekwon
    RBX
    Truth Hurts

......Is Smiling

What's ur point B?

my point is I was just explaining to you why oh boy made the list...yes other labels have just as many artist who dont release shit...but those were artist Dre personally cosigned and none of them released an album.....Busta was on Aftermath three years and only released one album...We as fans just dont want to see the same shit happen to Kendrick Lamar....thats my point B...

You niggas crack me up with this shit ... So because dre "personally cosigns" artist X they suppose to blow or better yet their immune to the trials and tribulations that every other artist on every other major label goes thru? .... If he goes to Atlantic/Def Jam/Universal etc etc he runs the same risk of being shelved dropped flopping etc etc ..... That is the record industry Bruh ...not fairytale land or whatever some of u cats might think it is ...cats fail they succeed no matter what label they with it is the inherent nature of the game ... I also recal dre having artist like game 50 em become global icons ... But hey what do I know .... My point was to say that niggas list was irrelevant and on some lowkey hater shit it ain't that hard to grasp Lil man smarten up B.
    CHAMPION.

2dvmqeh.jpg
    B1Khl_OCIAAFOUD.jpg

West$ide.
    idoitforhiphop10silverfoxxt_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    Somewhere

Gage
    Rakim
    Bishop Lamont
    Joell Ortiz
    Stat Quo
    King Tee
    Hittman
    Last Emperor
    Raekwon
    RBX
    Truth Hurts

......Is Smiling

What's ur point B?

You niggas crack me up with this shit ... So because dre "personally cosigns" artist X they suppose to blow or better yet their immune to the trials and tribulations that every other artist on every other major label goes thru? .... If he goes to Atlantic/Def Jam/Universal etc etc he runs the same risk of being shelved dropped flopping etc etc ..... That is the record industry Bruh ...not fairytale land or whatever some of u cats might think it is ...cats fail they succeed no matter what label they with it is the inherent nature of the game ... I also recal dre having artist like game 50 em become global icons ... But hey what do I know .... My point was to say that niggas list was irrelevant and on some lowkey hater shit it ain't that hard to grasp Lil man smarten up B.

lmao right on bro...its not that serious. I know niggas fail to release albums at every label...I was just explaining to you why homeboy put the list up...never said anything about a nigga "blowing up"....I just said release an album period, I believe theres a difference.....50 and Em happend 10 years ago....yes they're global icons....but it's a what have you done for me lately business...all those artist signed either before or after Em and 50 and none of them saw the light of day....shit happens I get it...as a fan I'm just sayin Kendrick is too talented to sit on the shelf for two to three years...is that too hard to grasp? lol @ Lil man....
    silverfoxx

them niggas wack as fuck

No hostility brotha just statin facts

Dont nobody bump the west out here and Im from chi

You've been anointed as A run of the mill hater ... I suppose that would render your opinion invalid.... S/O out to the chi tho ... I thought niggas out there kept it player and stayed off that hatin shit...
    CHAMPION.

2dvmqeh.jpg
    B1Khl_OCIAAFOUD.jpg

West$ide.
  • StillFaggyAFStillFaggyAF Queer LGBT CommunityPosts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭

them niggas wack as fuck

No hostility brotha just statin facts

Dont nobody bump the west out here and Im from chi

i swear to god it said nebraska instead of chi ten minutes ago

LvbxPzB.gif

tumblr_nhmcjbdFri1snb2l4o5_r1_500.gif
    full?d=1430459989

DarthRozaystealthbomberStoneColdMikey
  • gman82gman82 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The west coast is back!!!! The combination of Dre and K Dot will produce classic music.
    Somewhere

Gage
    Rakim
    Bishop Lamont
    Joell Ortiz
    Stat Quo
    King Tee
    Hittman
    Last Emperor
    Raekwon
    RBX
    Truth Hurts

......Is Smiling

What's ur point B?

lmao right on bro...its not that serious. I know niggas fail to release albums at every label...I was just explaining to you why homeboy put the list up...never said anything about a nigga "blowing up"....I just said release an album period, I believe theres a difference.....50 and Em happend 10 years ago....yes they're global icons....but it's a what have you done for me lately business...all those artist signed either before or after Em and 50 and none of them saw the light of day....shit happens I get it...as a fan I'm just sayin Kendrick is too talented to sit on the shelf for two to three years...is that too hard to grasp? lol @ Lil man....

1. Support your artist you fuck with, it's pointless to concern yourself with things you have minimal knowledge of or simply not under your
    control (and that's no diss)

2. I didn't need an explanation of dudes list I knew what those names where .... My point was to give dude a chance to explain his clear attempt at lowkey/undercover hatin .....aka dirty mackin....

CHAMPION.

2dvmqeh.jpg
    B1Khl_OCIAAFOUD.jpg

West$ide.
    Somewhere

Gage
    Rakim
    Bishop Lamont
    Joell Ortiz
    Stat Quo
    King Tee
    Hittman
    Last Emperor
    Raekwon
    RBX
    Truth Hurts

......Is Smiling

What's ur point B?

1. Support your artist you fuck with, it's pointless to concern yourself with things you have minimal knowledge of or simply not under your
    control (and that's no diss)

2. I didn't need an explanation of dudes list I knew what those names where .... My point was to give dude a chance to explain his clear attempt at lowkey/undercover hatin .....aka dirty mackin....

Right on bro...
  • FyHunnitFyHunnit I'm Mad Posts: 9,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    EPIC MOVE.

The West Coast is on a Come Up, and Hip Hop needs this right now.
    I hope Game statys with Aftermath after this signing.

How ill will it be when K.Dot and Shady and Buddens link up!

Great news, IMO. Haters is gonna hate, but you gotta respect the roster they got over there.

Stewtru_m.a.cStoneColdMikey
  • DarthRozayDarthRozay Posts: 20,406 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imILL wrote: »
    EPIC MOVE.

The West Coast is on a Come Up, and Hip Hop needs this right now.
    I hope Game statys with Aftermath after this signing.

How ill will it be when K.Dot and Shady and Buddens link up!

Great news, IMO. Haters is gonna hate, but you gotta respect the roster they got over there.

the fuck you talkin about? why does game need to stay on aftermath now? and i doubt em would wanna get his ass handed to him twice on the same song, by both budden and lamar

Stew