Chuck D "Jay Z And Kanye West's Bases Are "Corrupt To Rap"

Replies

• usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 37,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    waterproof wrote: »
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    SMH at the hypocrites

anthrax-public-enemy.jpg

what's so hypocritcal about that pitcure,

I was talking to SANDWICHRAP or whatever his name is. He acts as if these niggas who kick that nonsense he is peddling ain't do the same shit that Kanye and Jay does by reaching out to other cultures or genre. Why is it being Eurocentric when when Ye and Jay does it but when PE, Run DMC, Slick Rick,etc does it no one has issues with it?

banksy-gifs-graffiti.gif
    I believe in L.O.V.E.......Lots Of Vagina Ev[/b]eryday.
    Tommy Bilfiger.
    What this spiraled out of control quickly.Usmarin3 I have to disagree with you Keeping our culture rooted in our community is good.Panafricanism is great too.We shouldn't say this is detrimental because it won't allow us to get ahead .Im not trying to get ahead Im trying succeed and set an example for my community.that if you can't beat them join them is one of the major problems plaguing our community now.Chinese kids come here and learn how to be engineers,entrepreneur s,architects,teachers etc. and go back and reapply it in their country enriching their people,Indians too.We are the only people who say fuck our homeland we got it good in America.Thats foolish talking .You don't have to Move back to Africa to enrich the black condition and mindset.

That issue of cultural is not as simple as you make it out to be, being black doesn't mean we share the same beliefs or cultural norms. Anyone who has ever been around African blacks, Caribbean blacks, European and African Americans would no this. We all don't share the same beliefs and damn sure don't have the same cultural norms. No one is saying anything about you can't beat them join them, it's about i'm not gonna use slavery or being black as an excuse for not advancing. Why do you think most Carribean,African,etc blacks come here and advance more than African Americans.

Save all that we are the world nonsense, there is clearly a difference between blacks around the world and African Americans. Most Africans can't even stand African Americans
    I'd rather come together than emphasize on our differences we all share a common history and race .You all don't bring up your differences when you jam our music go to our clubs and attend hbcus and use our scholarships so please quit acting like you all are so different and can't stand us.When you all benefit from the struggles and hardships we endured to be here.

LOL Jamaican danchall music birthed hiphop for one thing and also many of the dances in hiphop, not to mention Africa gave birth all music. You can dead that our music, club, etc nonsense! Most African/Caribbean blacks don't even fucking at HBCU's, we attend major universities. You prove how ignorant your are, first you ain't struggled for shit nigga your anscestors did. Caribbean blacks also went through fucking slavery and endured the same shit as American blacks, we picked sugar cane and yall picked cotton. LOL at benefit like your ass has done anything for me.
    banksy-gifs-graffiti.gif
  • Wild SelfWild Self Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    I agree with part of UsMarine's post and part of H Rap.

I agree that the fact is that a lot of black folk need to travel the world and leave the block behind. You want to see Jay go back wearing baggy clothes and timbs in the cold winter in front of a project building? listen to his old shit! I been to The Caibbean and Europe before. A lot of non-white folks in those "white" countries, especially the younger generation.

I agree that a lot of black folks think that they only real success is European centric. If you were bombarded with images from other black people that the only way that you are "black" or "real" is if you stay broke and do the same bum shit as everyone else. They run to the Euro shit cause black folk got so caught up with the struggle that they forgot to build things in triumph. Success is proving society wrong and expanding your limited horizons and overcoming struggle as well as not forgetting the story of yo people.
  • H-Rap 180H-Rap 180 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SMH at the hypocrites

anthrax-public-enemy.jpg

what's so hypocritcal about that pitcure,

The House-Negro Sex-Crime-Victim is grasping for straws...even tho PE has ties with Anthrax/Fox news/Flav-Chicken & the Def Jam experiment known as 'Young Black Teenagers" they never dedicated an entire album too Europeons.

Man I got that book list and you got yours so lets build and not let this Buck-dancing Boot-licking Kneegrow go unpunished.
    GOOD MUSIC
    #iTunes ❚ <>09/12 <>❚ #iTunes
    goodmusic_lead-590x380.jpeg
    Follow @BruthaDee @BruthaDee @BruthaDee @BruthaDee Follow

Tommy Bilfiger.soul rattlerinfamous114
  • supersajinfosupersajinfo Posts: 461 ✭✭
    When slick rick and run dmc did it they were uniquely hip hop many songs in Witt weren't very hip hop they are pretty much dub and techno.Im not saying they are sell outs,hypocrites but I will say they are muddling the boundaries too appeal to European fans and European taste. Instead of bringing hip hop to Europeans ( well aware that they aren't introducing it to to them) they are bringing European music,taste,imagery to hip hop and pass it off as higher end and better to an extent.They aren't being ambassadors of hip hop they are being ambassadors of European culture.
    See dude, you are reaching the level of hyperbole now and lol at you still can't stick to the real topic, which lets me know you're not intelligent enough to have a real argument.

How is a song like Murder to Excellence, That's my bitch, No church in the wild, Who gone stop me,etc dedicated to Europeans. You clearly aren't listening to the lyrics, "racks on racks on racks, who in that just BLACKS ON BLACKS ON BLACKS"

Then again, people like ya'll live off exaggerations and pandering to weak minded people with your pseudo pride shit. Same shit how hate groups operate, you work on extreme thinking and recruit people from the fringe.
    banksy-gifs-graffiti.gif
    Tommy Bilfiger.
    When slick rick and run dmc did it they were uniquely hip hop many songs in Witt weren't very hip hop they are pretty much dub and techno.Im not saying they are sell outs,hypocrites but I will say they are muddling the boundaries too appeal to European fans and European taste. Instead of bringing hip hop to Europeans ( well aware that they aren't introducing it to to them) they are bringing European music,taste,imagery to hip hop and pass it off as higher end and better to an extent.They aren't being ambassadors of hip hop they are being ambassadors of European culture.

So what makes using rock loops more hiphop than using dub step and techno? I'll wait!

Plus who are you to say what is hiphop and what the music should be limited to, is the music suppose to stay stagnant and limited to soul samples. Afrika Bambaata been fucking with since the late 70's and early 80s, you saying he ain't hiphop.
    banksy-gifs-graffiti.gif
    * Afrika Bambaat been fucking with electronic music
    banksy-gifs-graffiti.gif
  • TurfaholicTurfaholic It's not too complicated, but you're gonna need a bulletproof soul The Bay 2 Sin CityPosts: 19,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    flavor flav opening another chicken joint in Vegas. jus thought i would add that lil bit of info
    The Jacka Presents:
    Street Knowledge
    "Kill Yaself"

http://www94.zippyshare.com/v/bEsGQfVs/file.html
  • SneakDZASneakDZA damn, am I a sinner? Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why it's so hard for people to both like Jay-Z and Kanye and also agree with what Chuck D was saying.

It's like they think "damn i'm not gonna read all that and i'm sure as hell not gonna comprehend it so I'll just skim it and then have the same argument i always have about some almost totally unrelated shit"
  • soul rattlersoul rattler Chief Petty Officer of the Ill Community Naval Command HOOYAHPosts: 18,055 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    1. "No Church in the Wild" (featuring Frank Ocean) produced by 88-Keys, Kanye West, Mike Dean
    2. "Lift Off" (featuring Beyoncé) produced by Kanye West, Jeff Bhasker, Mike Dean, Q-Tip (co.), Pharrell (co.), Don Jazzy
    3. "Niggas in Paris" produced by Hit-Boy, Kanye West, Mike Dean, Anthony Kilhoffer
    4. "Otis" (featuring Otis Redding) produced by Kanye West
    5. "Gotta Have It" produced by The Neptunes, Kanye West
    6. "New Day" produced by Kanye West, RZA, Mike Dean, Ken Lewis
    7. "That’s My Bitch" produced by Kanye West, Q-Tip, Jeff Bhasker
    9. "Who Gon Stop Me" produced by Shama "Sak Pase" Joseph, Kanye West, Mike Dean
    10. "Murder to Excellence" produced by 'Murder' produced by Swizz Beatz 'Excellence' produced by S1
    11. "Made in America" (featuring Frank Ocean) produced by Shama "Sak Pase" Joseph, Mike Dean
    12. "Why I Love You" (featuring Mr Hudson) produced by Mike Dean, Kanye West, Anthony Kilhoffer

BONUS
    13. "Illest Motherfucker Alive" produced by Southside, Kanye West, Mike Dean
    14. "H•A•M" produced by Lex Luger, Kanye West (co.), Mike Dean
    15. "Primetime" produced by No I.D.
    16. "The Joy" (featuring Curtis Mayfield) produced by Pete Rock, Kanye West, Mike Dean, Jeff Bhasker

Jay-Z-Kanye-Watch-The-Throne-015.jpg
    Dedicated an entire album to Europe? Album full of dubstep electronic music? Let's just ignore the Otis Redding, James Brown, and Curtis Mayfield samples while we're at it.

And here's the European crackkka Haitian American that produced the dubstep song "Who Gon Stop Me"
    shama-joseph-rihanna-man-down-producer.jpg
    do you understand what im getting at?? WHAT WHITE PPL THINK, AND WHAT THEY DEFINE THINGS AS IS NOT THE STANDARD YOU SHOULD BE GOING BY. That is of course, if you are not mentally defeated by the complex of white supremacy, where everything whites do is the "right" way, where having straight hair and lightskin is "beautiful" but dark skin and nappy hair is "ugly"
    You're doing it wrong. You take one and really fuck them up; make an example to the other kids. Like grab the small bitch and gouge her eyes out with your thumbs. Then curb stomp her.
    Wiggars

I'm too militant
    For you shithead crakkka hoes
    I hope you all die
    infamous114usmarin3Wild SelfH-Rap 180Washington_RedIceBergTaylor
  • nj2089nj2089 Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i love the IC lol
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    flavor flav opening another chicken joint in Vegas. jus thought i would add that lil bit of info

1.) "No Church in the Wild" contains samples from "K Scope" as performed by
    Phil Manzanera,
    phil.jpg

2.) "No Church in the Wild" contains a sample from "Sunshine Help Me" as performed by Spooky Tooth.

spooky-tooth.jpg

3.) "Who Gon Stop Me" contains samples from "I Can't Stop" as performed by
    Flux Pavilion.
    p00mw80w_640_360.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1326974966724

4.) "Murder to Excellence" contains samples from "La La La" as performed by
    Indiggo

l.jpg

5.) "Why I Love You" contains samples from "I Love You So" as performed by
    Cassius.

cassius2.jpg

GOOD MUSIC

Disciplined InSightH-Rap 180StillFaggyAFWashington_Redsoul rattlerTrillaaaaaa
  • Garv*Garv* Posts: 474 ✭✭✭
    See dude, you are reaching the level of hyperbole now and lol at you still can't stick to the real topic, which lets me know you're not intelligent enough to have a real argument.

How is a song like Murder to Excellence, That's my bitch, No church in the wild, Who gone stop me,etc dedicated to Europeans. You clearly aren't listening to the lyrics, "racks on racks on racks, who in that just BLACKS ON BLACKS ON BLACKS"

Then again, people like ya'll live off exaggerations and pandering to weak minded people with your pseudo pride shit. Same shit how hate groups operate, you work on extreme thinking and recruit people from the fringe.

Murder to excellence is the only song.
    Disciplined InSightH-Rap 180usmarin3Washington_Red
    edited March 2012
    Turfaholic wrote: »

DESIGNER OF the Album cover for "WTT" and the two singles cover for "Watch the Throne", Europeon designer for Givenchy..Ricardo Tisci

riccardo-tisci01.jpg

cover.jpg

Kanye-West-x-Jay-Z-H.A.M.jpeg

kanye_west-jay_z-otis-single_cover.jpg

kanye_west_et_riccardo_tisci_598988282_north_545x.jpg

Thats the Europeon artwork associated with the album

GOOD MUSIC

Disciplined InSightH-Rap 180Washington_Redsoul rattler
  • ol_buddyol_buddy Posts: 293 ✭✭
    I see great points being made but why do yall continue debating back and forth (usmarine / hrap)? Do either of u really feel u have the chance of swaying the other's opinions even a little?
    Tub9A.gif
  • Wild SelfWild Self Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ol_buddy wrote: »
    I see great points being made but why do yall continue debating back and forth (usmarine / hrap)? Do either of u really feel u have the chance of swaying the other's opinions even a little?

its man's nature to express their opinion and for the other party to understand their point.
    H-Rap 180
    edited March 2012
    Garv* wrote: »

Murder to excellence is the only song.

Wait Brother Garv we got guests on this album:

kanye-mr-hudson.jpg

The Europeon Mr Hudson was on "Why I Love You".

Elly-Jackson2_0.jpg

..and lets not forget that the Europeon Elly Jackson was on "Thats my Bitch".

But this RAP/HipHop album aint got no Euro-Vibe according to the House-Negro & his Master....its all a figment of our imagination.....I only dropped 7 Europeon artists and 3 album/single covers designed by a Europeon to support my theory.....shall I proceed?????

GOOD MUSIC

usmarin3Washington_Red
  • SlickestRSlickestR Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You niggas are stripping down everything to make your point acceptable.
    soul rattlerSneakDZAWashington_Red
  • SlickestRSlickestR Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if a black rapper even looks to collab a white artist... some of these niggas be like

"he sold out, look he's catering to the EURO-RAP, this nigga forgot his roots and everything that blacks been through"

hahahaha
    waterproofsoul rattlerinfamous114Disciplined InSightusmarin3p-tavernWashington_RedH-Rap 180
    ol_buddy wrote: »

Hes not on my level.

Im an African-American you seen my face and heard my voice, Im a B-Boy, a DJ, a Producer, a studio-rat, a HipHp Historian, a 2nd generation Hip-Hopper and a real muthafucka and I be damn if I let some bootleg-imposter Negro run his raggedy mouth on me without retaliation.

I dont need to sway a sucka's opinion but I want my brothers to see the difference between a House-Negro and a MAN.

Id rather be burnt at the stake before id admit to strangers that I let my Black sister get gang-raped, Id rather be crucified before I hibernated on a rap forum with 25K posts in a sub-forum for the "Grown & Sexy", Id rather be lynched before I chose JayZ as my Lord and Savior, and id eat a bullet before Id raise my voice at H-Rap knowing damn well he going to break my spine, crush my spirit and ether my Soul every time I breathe Gods air for having the audacity to type my name out of turn.

House-nigga better kiss-my-fist, and recognize the error in his ways.......
    GOOD MUSIC

Disciplined InSightusmarin3Washington_RedH-Rap 180
  • Swiffness!Swiffness! PART OF THE CONSPIRACY Posts: 9,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bruh The Bomb Squad didn't loop productions they was the master of chopping up samples to creat a new song they will have 20 samples chopped up on one song and you wouldnt even hear it.

So? We all know Kanye chop samples. And The Bomb Squad used loops too. Word to "Nigga Ya Love To Hate", "Black Steel in the Hour of Chaos", etc. Hell, every sample based hip-hop producer uses loops AND chops. That's why I said it was retarded. Chuck was hatin'. It was like when Dr. J caught feelings about the Sixers knocking the team he assistant coached out of the playoffs and told the media that Iverson was "just a streetballer".
    internet-reality.gif
  • waterproofwaterproof Conqueror of Self On The Road to ZionPosts: 9,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Bruh The Bomb Squad didn't loop productions they was the master of chopping up samples to creat a new song they will have 20 samples chopped up on one song and you wouldnt even hear it.

So? We all know Kanye chop samples. And The Bomb Squad used loops too. Word to "Nigga Ya Love To Hate", "Black Steel in the Hour of Chaos", etc. Hell, every sample based hip-hop producer uses loops AND chops. That's why I said it was retarded. Chuck was hatin'. It was like when Dr. J caught feelings about the Sixers knocking the team he assistant coached out of the playoffs and told the media that Iverson was "just a streetballer".

Naw maye, Nigga you Love to hate had 4 samples chopped up, 3 samples chopped up on Black Steel, a loop is what Puffy was doing with after Biggie Died, he was loopin his ass off with mase like mase song Feels SO Good that was a loop.

Now production wise i am a fan of kanye and he used to chop samples and put them in his beats he made from scratch but lately his ass got lazy and straight looping
    Your best rapper saying 'YES, MASSA', when they beat 'em - HELL RAZAH

tumblr_molvoods6A1qeow5po1_500.jpg
    edited March 2012
    SlickestR wrote: »
    if a black rapper even looks to collab a white artist... some of these niggas be like

"he sold out, look he's catering to the EURO-RAP, this nigga forgot his roots and everything that blacks been through"

hahahaha

I kinda get the hunch that you are a white boy.."nigga" huh???

Aint nobody said nothing about being a sellout so you can kill your insecurities or tricknology.

Paul Wall, Joss Stone, Teena Marie, Robin Thicke, & Jon B can collab alll damn day long and Black folks LOVE IT! Because them dudes/chicks paid dues and got SOUL...we accept them and respect them.

But every CRACKA gets hyper-sensitive when a Black man points out the fact that certain Negroes go out of their way to pander and cater to crackas on that SOULLESS Euro shit that you think is so unique.

I sympathize with the outsiders that want so badly to belong that they ignore 99 signs of how slick rappers trick they hoe-ass into supporting them.

them. [/quote]

don't call me a white boy... because you feel like two of the most popular rappers in hip hop only want to expand their horizons and career.

and what if they did... why are you going to bitch and cry when there's niggas out here still in their communities of america
    REALLY helping out the black communities.

Like is every successful black person to come out of america should be segregated from whites just because for whatever reason they're scared of selling out?

i think niggas like you are the type to pull niggas back when they see better opportunities with different people.
    [/quote]

Answer the question are you white? Are you calling me a "Nigga" because I pointed out that two of the most popular rappers in HipHop made a rap album that caters to Europeons or are you calling me a "nigga" because you are blogging anonymously from behind the safety of the Internet and can get away with it?

You gonna bitch and cry every time somebody criticizes the musical direction of rappers that cater and pander to you?

I think crackas like you are the type that only support rappers that make crackas a part of their music.
    GOOD MUSIC

usmarin3Washington_RedH-Rap 180Trillaaaaaa
    SlickestR wrote: »
    You niggas are stripping down everything to make your point acceptable.
    You Crackas cant see the truth because you dont know shit about the music.

GOOD MUSIC

usmarin3soul rattlerH-Rap 180blazn101
This discussion has been closed.