The Offical Mad Men Season-5 Thread: The GOAT TV Show is back... Breaking Who???

Replies

• bignormbignorm Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "That's what the money is for"

GOAT.
    ocelot
  • WhoisDonG???WhoisDonG??? Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don Draper gotta be one of the greatest characters ever.
    Iheart~CaliFroHawke
  • Matt-Matt- Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You wanna be on vacation, Pete? Cause I can make that happen
  • bignormbignorm Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One cool thing about the show is the realism.
    In real life, a Joan and a Don would NOT be fucking,
    even though people assume they would.

They are both too dominant.
    ocelotIheart~Cali
  • marc123marc123 Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    heard alot bout this show. i'll finally give it a watch.

right now im in season 5 of Dexter, then imma fuck with Boss, then Homeland, then Luck...so it will be awhile b4 i get around to Mad Men
  • marc123marc123 Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
  • ocelotocelot Posts: 9,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bignorm wrote: »
    One cool thing about the show is the realism.
    In real life, a Joan and a Don would NOT be fucking,
    even though people assume they would.

They are both too dominant.

Youre right... in TV land Don and Joan would be the perfect couple... but in Mad Men
    They would rip each others heads off... I like how they have a mutual respect for each other and knowing that they run that business...
    Im sure they had sex before but they would never get together...

bignorm wrote: »
    "That's what the money is for"

GOAT.

His whole rant changed my life on how I approach things in the work place... anyone is replacable...
    Cant wait for the 25th
  • s0j0urners0j0urner Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    'Sticky' this thread, Mad Men is the best ever show ever, I cannot wait till 25.3.12
    ^^^^^^^ what he said
  • s0j0urners0j0urner Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Season 5 Cast.

mm-s5-key-art-pre-premiere-desktop-wallpaper_1024x768.jpg

Mad_Men_1746_RGB.jpg

Mad_Men_2734_rgb.jpg

Mad_Men_1224_RGB.jpg

MM5_OnSet_2506_rgb.jpg

betty-draper1.jpeg

MM5_OnSet_2387_rgb.jpg

MM5_OnSet_2642_2684_combo_rgb.jpg
    that ass
    Janurary Jones is one fine woman
    Peggy>Betty
  • truth_juicetruth_juice Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    ocelot wrote: »
    Peggy>Betty

As far as character or looks????? Please dont say looks.

Aight personality...lol
    Joan>Betty on everything
    image.jpg

If Sunday night's two-hour return episode of “Mad Men” ended after the first four minutes, it would still put the show in contention to win its fifth straight Emmy as the best drama on television.

Beyond that, we can’t tell you much.

“Mad Men” creator Matt Weiner likes surprises, especially the kind his TV show can deliver. So he has asked reviewers to reveal virtually no details of the episode that brings the show back to television after a 17-month absence.

Since New York is among 33 states where it is a felony for a TV writer to disrespect “Mad Men,” we will say only that the opening scene involves Don Draper (Jon Hamm) and his daughter Sally (Kiernan Shipka), who has parlayed modest screen time into an increasingly critical role.

What Don and Sally say, and the way they say it, immediately reactivates a half dozen of the show's most richest undercurrents.

It also begins to answer several of the questions dangling from season four.

Did Don and Megan (Jessica Pare) get married? Did Joan (Christina Hendricks) have the baby and how did her husband react? Are Betty (January Jones) and her new husband Henry Francis (Christopher Stanley) making each other miserable? And, oh yes, is the upstart ad agency Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce still in business?

Weiner addresses most of these, and there’s no sense he’s forgotten the one major character who gets no screen time. He’s just doing things, as usual, at his own pace.

RELATED: I'M BACKING OFF KARDASHIAN SPAT, JOHN HAMM TELLS NEWS

He’s also moving forward. Weiner spends little or no time on some of the minidramas that were prominent last season, instead letting other seeds begin to flower.

One odd little sprout involving Lane Pryce (Jared Harris) feels a little contrived, which is unusual for “Mad Men.” Still, Weiner has stepped onto that ledge before and has usually been able to bring the story back in.

For virtually all of Sunday’s season opener, the drama flows as smoothly and seductively as Dusty Springfield's “You Don’t Have to Say You Love Me,” which — okay, one more spoiler here — underscores a long key scene.

While “Mad Men” critics say the show never has enough action or acceleration, fans will be an hour and a half into this episode before they will look up and say, “Oh no, it’s almost over.”

Some fans also may look at this episode, reluctantly, as the beginning of the end. Weiner is signed for this season and a sixth, with what he calls the strong possibility of a seventh — and while this would mean three more years, which is good, he says that would be the end.

Sunday night’s episode doesn’t feel like it’s consolidating the board for some final push. Weiner is still shifting pieces around, trying new moves we didn’t expect, which is his favorite sport.

Unlike some of his characters, there’s nothing he loves more than surprises.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/television/tv-review-mad-men-article-1.1047438#ixzz1pmdzijg7
  • Iheart~CaliIheart~Cali Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love this show. Don Draper getting in somebody's ass has got to be some of the best lines delivered on television. Or maybe it's just the way Jon Hamm delivers them. I don't know but whatever it is, I can't wait. I was hurting since they've been gone soooo long. Also love Breaking Bad too. Plan on starting Walking Dead in the very near future. AMC is winning.
    @IheartCali
    I get a Joan vibe from you when you type... no?
  • Iheart~CaliIheart~Cali Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm I don't know. Never thought about it. What makes you say that?
    Aight personality...lol
    Joan>Betty on everything

Haha. Thought so

@IheartCali
    Independent sexy vibe that is not afraid of who she is and would silently ether a person with her words... But deep down want to settle down and have a family because of fear of being alone...no?
    @IheartCali
    Independent sexy vibe that is not afraid of who she is and would silently ether a person with her words... But deep down want to settle down and have a family because of fear of being alone...no?

I thought it was the jugs...
    ocelotrudeboy
    @IheartCali

I thought it was the jugs...

bwahahahaha... theres always that too...
    edited March 2012
    Your Comprehensive Mad Men Season 5 Character Guide
    By Molly Lambert on March 23, 2012 4:15 PM ET

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/46306/your-comprehensive-mad-men-season-5-character-guide

The Return of Mad Men and the End of TV's Golden Age

The best show on television is finally back
    By Andy Greenwald on March 22, 2012

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7722573/andy-greenwald-don-draper-mad-men-twilight-golden-age-television