The Offical Mad Men Season-5 Thread: The GOAT TV Show is back... Breaking Who???

Replies

• bignormbignorm Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pete is not invaluable. He doesnt have great ideas. He always needs assistance to close.
  • truth_juicetruth_juice Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    bignorm wrote: »
    Don respected Joan, not Peggy.
    He made it rain on her. In the 60's.

Lol. That shit is a wild
  • white715white715 Posts: 7,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting how Don's relationship with women has evolved
  • GoonerGooner Posts: 8,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    damn i jus saw the episode...that shit was perfect...Peggy leaving was intense as shit but i think she will b back...i always thought Don and peggy wud own an agency together
  • Matt-Matt- Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    another strong episode. don said "five seconds isn't enough time to have to sit down" lmao
  • focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Posts: 4,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the best episodes of an already consistently great series.

And like I said, Don and Joan are not romantically interested in each other. "I told you so".
    focus wrote: »
    One of the best episodes of an already consistently great series.

And like I said, Don and Joan are not romantically interested in each other. "I told you so".

Nobody said anything about romance fam but there was a lot of sexual tension

truth_juicefocus
    Not interested huh? He was the only male who caped for her.
    Even Lane was okay with her letting the dude "touch it in miami"
  • Iheart~CaliIheart~Cali Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's definitely not sexual tension between Don and Joan. The exchange they shared in the bar was one of mutual respect and easy camaraderie. Joan is one of the few women Don doesn't have sexual tension with throughout the course of the show. They're both too jaded and know too much about each other to even think of getting involved. Don doesn't respect many women, but he respects Joan. Their relationship goes beyond sexual.

That being said, I believe that's why he was a little heartbroken when he found out about her and Jaguar guy.
    I think he hasn't realized it yet, but Peggy also means more to him than what he thought. Even though he was saddened by her leaving, I think the full import of it hasn't hit yet. He's going to go after her soon.
    focus
  • truth_juicetruth_juice Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    There was tension and showed some discontent on Dons part but I think most ppl already agreed it was innocent for the most part and they wouldnt cross that line.

• GoonerGooner Posts: 8,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wat? Joan was def throwing the pussy at Don
    kacee139Iheart~Califocus
    Gooner wrote: »
    exactly. the only reason there is not tension, is cuz Don aint feelin her all the way.
    Joan has made it clear since the first season that Don could get it.
    kacee139truth_juicefocusIheart~Cali
  • focusfocus The #1 Nigga, I Don't Need No Hype. Posts: 4,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's definitely not sexual tension between Don and Joan. The exchange they shared in the bar was one of mutual respect and easy camaraderie. Joan is one of the few women Don doesn't have sexual tension with throughout the course of the show. They're both too jaded and know too much about each other to even think of getting involved. Don doesn't respect many women, but he respects Joan. Their relationship goes beyond sexual.

That being said, I believe that's why he was a little heartbroken when he found out about her and Jaguar guy.
    I think he hasn't realized it yet, but Peggy also means more to him than what he thought. Even though he was saddened by her leaving, I think the full import of it hasn't hit yet. He's going to go after her soon.

Another adult joined the conversation.
    truth_juice
    "I wrote a check".
    All my breadwinners knew at that moment, he was gonna commit dat.
    kacee139truth_juice
  • WhoisDonG???WhoisDonG??? Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMAO R.I.P to Lane I knew he was going to commit dat after Don told him he done.
    kacee139
  • kacee139kacee139 Minister of Information (UFO) Gardena, Ca 90249Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see Betty acting like a Mom for once wit Sally
    Sally doesnt think of Megan as an adult. she thinks of her as a peer.
  • fortyacres&amulefortyacres&amule wubalubadubdub Posts: 13,996 Regulator
    r.i.p to the grimy pimp slayer

from the finale promo it looks like that kid gonna start stalking megan

damn don stays droppin them malcolm x speeches
    FroHawke
    Gooner wrote: »
    exactly. the only reason there is not tension, is cuz Don aint feelin her all the way.

What? No. Joan was caught up in a heated affair with Roger for the entire first season. Besides that, Don was not only having an affair with the hippie girl Marge but he also began one with Rachel Menken, the Jewish woman who became their client. Both characters were involved in relationships with other people, and were not in the least bit concerned with each other. There was barely any dialogue between Joan and Don in the first season.

Besides that, Christina Hendricks already addressed this issue in one of her interviews for GQ. She said that there's nothing more to her relationship with Don than a friendship based on mutual respect. She also says that they've seen too much drama around the agency throughout the years to even go there with each other. And even more, creating a sexual relationship between Joan and Don would be plot overload considering all the other story lines going on. In other words, it's not happening.
    focus
    The two most atrractive people on the show

one has a history of sleeping with Married men, while she was single and when she herself was married, and even prostituted herself out

the other is possibly the most notorious womanizer since Giacomo Casanova who himself has a history of infidelity

both inebriated and openly flirting with each other in a bar, and again go back and peep the dialogue

In Mad Men this is as blatant as sexual tension gets, this isn't reality tv Joan isn't gonna grab his dick and ask if he's down to fuck

Now I didn't think that they'd actually have sex cuz Don has changed his ways but he could have fucked if he wanted to and last season he probably would have
    focus
  • imm0rt4limm0rt4l Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    The kid who plays Glen is a terrible actor.

RIP Lane
  • fightforolddcfightforolddc Posts: 658 ✭✭✭✭

This.

C'mon do yall know women or people at all??? Don't get it twisted - All that respect shit might be what's goin on on the outside, but when a man and a woman are "just chillin" at a bar ... you only have two scenarios: A)One of the two would fuck, or B)Both are down to fuck.

Human nature. There's a reason Joan lowkey hates on Megan and used to on Betty. (Remember that "that's the type of girl he marries" comment she made to Peggy?)

She would have given her right nipple to be Don's main. Don might find her attractive but like dude said, he's not feelin her all the way.
    kacee139focuswhite715
    Well at this point we'll just have to see whether they do or don't because I didn't take that away from the bar scene at all. I couldn't disagree more.
    focus
  • FroHawkeFroHawke Posts: 1,114
    Wow intense episode. This season is shaping up to be the best of the lot.

Don's speech in that room was intense, harkens back to the old Draper. Got the sense that The Firestone? guys were kinda playing him though

Feel bad for Lane, liked dude but could sense he was gonna off himself the way he reacted to Don telling him to resign. You can't embezzle funds, but I think he could be justified in a sense.

Roger was at his brilliant best as always, his interaction with Kenny Cosgrove was on-point. This show's writing is GOAT.

Sally and the other guy need some acting lessons ASAP.
  • Lane was the definition of a pussy