What is the male perspective when it comes to dating

Replies

• NYCeeCeeNYCeeCee Posts: 1,691
    NYCeeCee wrote: »
    dusouljah wrote: »
    she trying to hard to impress....

damn all that shy shit.....she prolly goofy as fuck, but wanna come off as not..

Exactly. I took a shower at her crib, when I came out .. she was on the couch humming and flipping a pen.

As soon as she saw me she stopped humming. It's like, "D*mn. It's OK to have a personality, yo."

A personality is more than being able to listen, it's being comfortable doing the things that make you, you.
    She's probably intimidated by you and feels like you're out of her league. Probably wondering why someone like YOU would want HER. I feel bad for her, actually.

Actually, I think you're partly right. Because last night I asked her if she was nervous around me and she said yes. Mind you, we've been dating for a few months and dated before, about a year ago. Tried to reassure her that, if i've been around this long i like her and that being herself wont push me away.

but explain bolded

I know what that's like b/c that's how I was with my first bf (mind you, I was a teen LOL) ....but still, she's probably never had an experience with a guy where she felt like she was challenged. Maybe I shouldn't have used "feel bad", but I do know what its like to not have a lot of confidence and to feel intimidated. She doesn't feel "free" yet. She's really uncomfortable.

• smh @ a man making you nervous MONTHS into dating...that's not a good thing.

Tell me about it. It's been at least 2 months.

Sweet girl. Just says she's nervous/shy around people she likes.

And people she doesnt know, which makes me hesitant to bring her around friends.

Everyone'd be talking and she'd be there like a church mouse. Awkward.
  • DWODWO Posts: 39,826
    dusouljah wrote: »
    she trying to hard to impress....

damn all that shy shit.....she prolly goofy as fuck, but wanna come off as not..

Exactly. I took a shower at her crib, when I came out .. she was on the couch humming and flipping a pen.

As soon as she saw me she stopped humming. It's like, "D*mn. It's OK to have a personality, yo."

A personality is more than being able to listen, it's being comfortable doing the things that make you, you.

a lotta chicks biggest insecurity is not being accepted for who they are...

like if a cute chick snorts when she laughs...

and she's insecure about that shit... she will try her hardest to never laugh at anything while around you...no matter how funny that shit is....
  • @dusouljah yeah you're totally right.

But what they don't realize is that it's unfair for them to hold back

Yet expect men to be funny and not boring.

Sh*t, we like to laugh, too.
  • a.manna.mann Posts: 15,984
    edited March 2012
    when I was in the game I never complained about what it costed me to take a chick out unless I was looking for more than just sex from her. When looking for a wife you look for other quailies outside of how phat her ass is and how good the pussy will be.

But if getting the draws is your main objective you gotta prepare to accept certain shit.

One: You can't be offended if she doesn't offer to take of the tip.

• lighthearted25lighthearted25 Posts: 1,307
    Lol at drinks and dinner being the same as tricking, you cheap bastards. What if it's Mickey D's? Do yall still prefer 50/50 on the dollar menu?
    @dusouljah yeah you're totally right.

But what they don't realize is that it's unfair for them to hold back

Yet expect men to be funny and not boring.

Sh*t, we like to laugh, too.

it's crazy how scared people are to be themselves...especially when it comes to impressing the opposite sex...

• HafBaykedHafBayked Posts: 9,661
    i would get u whatever u wanted off the dollar menu @lighthearted.....u would have to sing a song for me tho
  • usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 34,066
    Lol at drinks and dinner being the same as tricking, you cheap bastards. What if it's Mickey D's? Do yall still prefer 50/50 on the dollar menu?

When's the last time your ass payed for a date, i bet you can recite your drivers license number before you can think of that date. Women are beyond fucking cheap skates, having the nerve to speak about spending money.
  • Ay but UsMarine does have a point.

Alotta women are cheap.
    are you guys looking for a spouse or some pussy?

jeez I see why some you cats catching hell on the dating scene

you putting to much thought into it

if you THAT strip for loot best not even be in the game

• NYCeeCeeNYCeeCee Posts: 1,691
    Double standards. Don't be mad when it doesn't benefit you, fellas.
    how u gone look like mia x by the eye....
    that's why you go somewhere YOU like....

if you at some restaurant you ain't even feeling like that AND you with a chick that ain't DTF a $100 dinner seem like you just gave away 4 toes and 3 pints of blood.....

that shit HURT....

but if you at your spot...somewhere where if you chill long enough...your peoples bound to pop up at anyway....or the bartender know you and gonna keep the TV on your game.....something like that....

you can drop damn near twice that and not even give a damn if shorty not feelign herself.....

shit i'll even go as far to be like

"you know someone that can come get you...cuz i ain't tryna leave till this game over with"

done it before....*shrugs*
    @halfbaked- atleast take me to olive garden and then I will sing for you.

@us- I have paid for a date before thank you very much and it was this year actually.

And dates don't have to be expensive anyways. Take me to the park for a picnic and to feed ducks and I'm happy.

@halfbaked- atleast take me to olive garden and then I will sing for you.
    And dates don't have to be expensive anyways. Take me to the park for a picnic and to feed ducks and I'm happy.

okay its your world, but dont be trying to order wine and all that lol....j/p....that aint much at all if i really like you
  • tru_m.a.ctru_m.a.c Posts: 9,063
    Ay but UsMarine does have a point.

Alotta women are cheap.

lol of course he does. I don't understand where the backlash is coming from. The nigga was 100% real.

The economics of dating simply don't make sense. Actually they do, but most people don't realize that it has more to do with sexism and the economic development of the human race.

It's like....did you niggas ever pay attention in school??? lol y'all realize that this whole "dating" and spending money on a total stranger JUST to get to know them is a totally modern concept right???

Until the industrial revolution women as a whole didn't have the OPTION to offer to pay. Guys paid out of necessity because *drum roll please* they were the dominant breadwinners in society. Without a middle class, we're not even talking about going 50/50 or picking up the tip. *facepalm*

It's like, how do you just ignore social constructs developed over centuries.

Chivalry didn't just happen cause niggas wanted to be nice. Wheredeydodatat???

• usmarin3usmarin3 Posts: 34,066
    "I HAVE PAID FOR A DATE BEFORE"

A meaning singular

You see that fellas, when a chick can count how many dates she has paid for you know she ain't pulling her weight
  • tru_m.a.ctru_m.a.c Posts: 9,063
    to me the topic shouldn't even revolve around "why guys don't wanna pay"

the real question should be "why are women complaining about contributing anything at all"

Paying for a date is nothing. Shit I'd prob spend more than that at the bar by myself. The problem only arises when you take the "holier than thou" stance of feeling like you're ABOVE paying.

But I've noticed that females who are interested in you have no qualms about paying. Either way, the shit shouldn't be a guessing game lol
    @half- i don't drink like that but I will be getting desert so just go ahead and accept that lol

@us- do you have sisters?a single mom? You wouldn't think anything of them dating a man who wanted them to go Dutch all the time? You wouldnt talk shit about him?
    edited March 2012
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »
    to me the topic shouldn't even revolve around "why guys don't wanna pay"

the real question should be "why are women complaining about contributing anything at all"

Paying for a date is nothing. Shit I'd prob spend more than that at the bar by myself. The problem only arises when you take the "holier than thou" stance of feeling like you're ABOVE paying.

But I've noticed that females who are interested in you have no qualms about paying.
    Either way, the shit shouldn't be a guessing game lol

great post.....

especially the bolded....

women will offer to contribute if they had a blast with you....all the more reason to go somewhere where you know you gonna have fun regardless....
  • LOL at some of these definition of tricking. Really though?

@Tru_M.A.C goat post.
  • -Vincenzo--Vincenzo- Posts: 3,375
    a.mann wrote: »
    drinks or dinner

never movies on a 1st date

on another note, what up with dudes whining about coming out they pockets a lil?

ain't yo daddy taught you gotta pay to play?

unless you looking for a wife or life partner, don't be disheatened when the average chick don't pay her "fair share" on a night out when all you want from her is ass and pussy

i never heard of this strategy, fuck you wastin money on sluts for a.mann? if you see it like that, why dont you see a prostitute then?

i could understand if you have serious intentions and like that girl if you pay for her, but just to get in her draws...damn dude thats trickin at its finest
    -Vincenzo- wrote: »
    i never heard of this strategy, fuck you wastin money on sluts for a.mann? if you see it like that, why dont you see a prostitute then?

i could understand if you have serious intentions and like that girl if you pay for her, but just to get in her draws...damn dude thats trickin at its finest

it's not a strategy.

It's a fact of life.

if you young dude in the game "soiling royal oats"
    9 times out 10 you will be one asking and paying for dates with them fine phat ass females you just want to get in the bedroom.

Whether it be treating them to lunch,brunch, dinner, buying her a drink, the hotel fare, amusment parks whatever

a man's going to pay to play

all I can suggest is you stay within your means/budget