Why Is There No Talent Coming Out of the East Coast?

123457»

Replies

• damobb2deepdamobb2deep Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol at drake being from Canada not counting... dats like that clip from "atl" when new new said "i'm from the trak.... well my dad is"
  • blackdemoblackdemo Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭
    blackdemo wrote: »
    lmao at nicki minaj mac miller and wiz khalifa. i said talent. Does Pittsburgh even count as East coast?
    Lol at Lloyd Banks being new.

Mac miller's 2nd mixtape kids was fire dawg. n he had the number 1 album in america independently and that hasnt been doe in years so...

Wiz obv has talent considering he has the internet AND mainstream game on lock

llyod banks isnt new but hes still poppin on the streets, hes not from the 90s so hes still of our generation

n yes...pensylvannia is the east coast dawg it always has been. fuck outta here

its pennsylvannia
    NY
    NJ
    NH
    CT
    Maine
    Delaware

other states as well but im not givin u a geo lesson, u should know this by now

my point is pittsburgh is culturally more similar to the midwest than boston, philly, nyc, jersey etc. mac miller and wiz are just not good. Lloyd Banks is from the G-Unit era/early 00s. i'm talking about a new generation. Im asking where are the East Coast's KRIT and Kendricks. Where's the East Coast's J Coles and Stalleys and Fashawns and Dee 1s. The infrastructure is there.

Pittsbrugh culturally similar? idk where u get that from but at the end of the day its the east coast, and maybe YOU dont like them but obv alot of people do seeing how Wizkahlifa got the internet and the mainstream n mac has a huge following, so obv they nice on the mic. I fucks with them, jus like how i fucks with alot of other lyrical artist as well.

East coast for Stalley, J.cole, Kendrick, n Big KRIT

For now we just got

Pro Era (i have to hear more music)= Kendrick n J.cole (interms of being a breath of fresh air, but we'll see how time goes)
    Action Bronson=Stalley (from a lyrical standpoint)
    Joell Ortiz = Fashawn (from a image and exposure and lyrical ability standpoint)

With that being said, Im not sayin an artist is better or not or even equal even though i blantanlty use the "=" what i meant by using the "=" is that basically these artist are lyrically somewhat similar but their appeal and how their music sounds sonically and how they carry their message is different but on the same level at the same time

I mean the east coast had it for 20 years, somebody else is gonna come up eventually, the east coast still always has great artist tho, but this is america man, theres gonna be talent coming from everywhere its your brand, not just the east coast.

NYC is the mecca tho, and even tho its a slow season

SIDENOTE: Mac Miller was the best concert ive ever been to in my life 2 weeks ago!!

it was

Cyphers (i was killin em)
    Had "groupies" cuz i wass the only black dude there spittin ill rhymes, jawns comin up sayin "omg ur that guy spittin rhymes, we have weed)
    like a good 15 people crowd surfed
    MAD WEED
    Bitches DOWN made out with 2 jawns danced with like countless
    mad alchol
    sweatin, pushin shovin but it was all love
    Shiiiiiiii four songs in Mac was tellin people to "calm the fuck down"

and ive been to: Talib Kweli, J.cole (twice), Rick Ross, Masta Ace, Redman, and those concerts sonically were better BUT mac's stage presence was crazy, talib kweli was a close 2nd tho minus the bitches
    http://www.lesbodega.tumblr.com

For the latest in Hop Hop music. and Ill photos

illedoutidoitforhiphop10StillFaggyAF
  • antarticpantarticp Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every Bar fits her like a young jew.

Word I still dont see how that bar is wack tho...
    But Lets Jam :)

nice tracks these are you ??
    edited March 2012
    Jamaica wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Fred da godson is considered dope now and he would have been considered dope in the 90's

uhhhh nah in the 90s sorry fred would have been super garbage especially compared to guys like The Wu, Nas, Tupac, Jayz, Mobb Deep etc... fred is exactly what every up coming ny rapper is today ... 100% swag but he does top it off with 20% lyrics but hes pretty much all swag .......
    Fred the Godson has lyrics, but his fucking voice is terrible...

lol if it werent for drake would he really have lyrics ????????????? thats my only grief wit dude ... who took that drake/big sean style and he is doing a carl lewis with it lol ;)
  • rip.dillarip.dilla 天道様 Posts: 17,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dead @tompetrez3

LMAO
    ... always immediately go for my boobs ... She feelin me up like "are those your nipples?" I'm like "don't touch there. my money is there." So she's running my hips and thighs ...
  • lamontbdclamontbdc 16th & UPosts: 18,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yea saying big krit isn't a pimp c clone is crazy. he's way more like pimp c than outkast.

and fred da god son is not popping anywhere but in new york that dude is terrible and would laughed out everywhere
    SELASI_i
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    yea saying big krit isn't a pimp c clone is crazy. he's way more like pimp c than outkast.

and fred da god son is not popping anywhere but in new york that dude is terrible and would laughed out everywhere

people used to say the samething about rick ross .... he just needs that right record .. hes got the support ... i finally heard them play one of his joints in my regions Pa/De/Nj ... on power 99 but it sounded like some diggy/drake shit with the slowdown singing hook then he cames in and speeds it up with the raps ... it was a deep track ... but i dont think its the joint thats gonna get him over that hump ... i guess we shall see ......................
  • Disciplined InSightDisciplined InSight The Clairvoyant One.... Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    there is no talent coming out of the east coast because you got the 2 biggest uncle toms in NY too busy sucking european dick to scout talent in they own city. If they not slurpin on eurofags then they are down south dickriding whoever is hot down here. east coast died in 1997 when puff set his best friend up to get killed by suge goons. the focus of new york went from tradition and culture to money and enterprise because of puff shiny blouse lipstick wearin ass jiggling his titties like bitch in the hype william videos. jay z isnt innocent either. he sold his soul in 98. went from nino brown on steriods in RD to a will smith wannabe dancing like bojangles with them swollen ass lips in the money aint a thing video. these the 2 fags new york praise and worship. you have legion of prominent MC's and movements in that weak ass city but the awkward bitch brainwashed them from a city of hip hop lovers to too cool tool capitalists who only root for this fake ass king of new york who rather be a NIGGER in paris than a real don in NY. Jay Z cant even come to marcy without oprah permission and obamas secret service crew. he dont give a fuck about new york. nigga came through NY to promote a EUROPEAN bitch. not a bucktooth race horse looking bitch from the 5 shitholes of NY but a white euro bitch. Thats why its easy to laugh at genestasia stupid ass for sitting up here talking that backhand bullshit. She know NY dead. she graspin straws. how the fuck you gonna mention them rappers up in this thread now but you be talking shit about them in other threads. you worse than that nigga that let them UCF mandingo football goons rape his bitch and he sat the and watched. both of yall got pussies. my bad she got a dick and usuncl3tom got a 30% finished post op tranny mess of a pussy. FUCK NEW YORK. nobody give a fuck about NY rap no more. Why listen to NY rap when they sound like fake southerners with them garbage ass rhymes. how yall go from rakim to a nigga like french montana. diss my coast all you want but our coast has never fell off nor taken a steep hit musically like NY has. like i have said numerous times NY lost its idenity. they gang bang and shamelessly represent california streets/hoods/OGs in their city . pride theyselves on smoking california marijuana instead of their own product. They sip syrup like houston niggas. nothing original about them anymore. nothing creative. fuck new york. Jay Z talk all that shit but need always need help from young money to sell records. he need drake on rihanna records. he need drake on that euro bitch records. why diss YMCMB if all his punk ass gonna do is bow down and ask for a feature on the slick. Fuck Jay Z. Roc Nation not even poppin. I didnt see Cole halftime at the superbowl nor the grammies. I didnt see jay electronica primate looking ass there neither. Roc Nation dont want it with YMCMB. Birdman artists going platnium easy. Wayne 3x plat. Drake 2x plat. Nicki got 1000000 preorders. melanie fiona just flopped again. rihanna floppin. take care sold twice the amount of watch the fags and it came out 2 months later. Roc Nation barely afloat by some lanky fuck nigga who made a big fuss about bringing real hip hop back but singing on his wack ass album more than drake. J Cole aint a game changer he follow the same formula as Drake but only WAYYYY less successful commercially. Roc Nation are bitch ass niggas. all black everything and We are but Chris Brown beat the fuck out of Rihanna and none of them Roc Nation tough guys did shit. Jay Z just got mad. Women get mad. that aint shit. Rihanna supposed to be his side bitch but his old ensure drinking bitch ass cant defend her from a young nigga. Why is Jay Z such a pussy? Now Rihanna still a Roc Nation artist tattooing tupac set on her body and letting chris brown leak roc nation records. Why Jay Z was talking all that tough guy bullshit on that take a load off song talking about where his money at but let Chris Brown leak property of his music company. Chris Brown stole his side bitch from him now Jay Z salty at home with his fat whore wife and that stem cell mako reactor shinra fake baby. bored with family life dont even spend time with his kid. a selfish ass deadbeat nigga. i mean damn he had 48 years for himself he cant even chill with it for one night. Beyonce fell off since she chemically infused that thing together.. Roc Nation got more has beens than YMCMB. Fuck Good Music too. Good Music softer than mouse pussy. Like who the fuck knees gonna shake if a skinny beanpole bitch nigga like monizzle/big sean wanna catch a fade. We all know Kanye cant fight because he got his ass whooped at the airport by the paparazi swinging his arms like a bitch Kanye know damn well he cant defend rihanna from shit. He was the main nigga woofing that bullshit when Chris Brown beat his "sister" talking about he a GD and he thinking about killing niggas. Next thing you know He holding gaga hands like a special needs kid that shitted on himself nerves in a total mess because sucking CB dick talking about how much he loves him and how talented he is.Fuck Kanye West

He's back!...L M A O.
    To be a real hood you need more than just a gun. You need ideas.

tumblr_m9zas2KcdZ1rnneano1_1280.gif
  • Mister B.Mister B. Still the Devil's #1 Advocate. Come on out that box! Posts: 14,971 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mostly, it's due to labels bullshittin artists around these days. Honestly, how many decent labels are out there?
    mirthewriter.wordpress.com
    Read that jawn....
  • luke1733luke1733 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭✭
    Because nobody likes NY people but NY folk and folks from NJ and Pennsylvannia. We like there music but too many people feel they needed the approval of NY, so when other people like Clipse came out banging they went to NY and NY gives no love unless you from NY. Ain't no problem with NY music it's the people's attitude.
  • luke1733luke1733 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭✭
    To make that point clearer. Old NY rappers cry all the time about respect and being honored. They should be. But can't nobody honor you when y'all were out all you did was say everybody but NY was lame and you tried to blackball everyone on y'alls radio stations, showed no love at concerts, wouldn't let the West, Mid West or South on a song with any of your rappers (except Jay-z and UGK). Then after people hooked up on their own (the south,west, midwest) and continued showing love to each other by features and concerts they wanted back in, but wanted ALL the fame and respect for disrespecting everyone up and coming and dominant in the present game. They deserve what they get. That's why NY can't get back in. The largest city in the whole US ain't had a new rapper in the game since???? Ha,ha. The south shall rise again.
  • BarreGoffBarreGoff Posts: 326 ✭✭
    i think the most legitimate rappers with east coast rap flow is fresh daily, mr. mother fucking exquire, action bronson, das rascist, and troy ave. these guy represent east coast ( new york) rap to the fullest.

absolutely agree

123457»