The Official 2012-2013 College Football Thread

Replies

• greenwood1921greenwood1921 Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    I'm incapable of giving a tenth of a fuck about Hockey or Soccer. I've tried with Soccer -- I really have.

But I just feel like the country I grew up in has too many freedoms, and my refrigerator has too much food in it for me to like soccer.

That shit is for lil skinny muhfuggas from 3rd world countries who can't even look their leaders in the eye without getting shot. lol
  • allday1992allday1992 Posts: 11,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really fuck with college bball but my team is still UGA

Atlanta is the bandwagon capitol of the world tho.Nigga switch teams every week around here

I known this one nigga who got like 5 teams in each sport and swears he's a die hard of every one
    allday1992 wrote: »
    I don't really fuck with college bball but my team is still UGA

Atlanta is the bandwagon capitol of the world tho.Nigga switch teams every week around here

I known this one nigga who got like 5 teams in each sport and swears he's a die hard of every one

Yes lawwwd @ the bold. Especially the transplants. I was a transplant myself, but I was a Braves/Falcons fan before I even officially moved there.

Here's the typical ATL-transplant sports fan process...

First of all, half of ATL's current residents are from elsewhere.

1. Whether you *REALLY* have a team or not, you're going to front like whatever team from your home state is your favorite whenever they come to town and play the Atlanta teams.

2. As soon as it's clear that the ATL team is "elite" you'll front like a fan until they're not.

3. You'll go all over the city (and the internets) front like you just luuuuuv your hometown team even though you secretly follow the ATL team more than your hometown team.

4. When the ATL team is losing, you're the loudest nigga, but when they're winning, you're suddenly more interested in politics or pre-World War II economics in France.

5. You swear up and down that you hate everything about ATL from the sports teams to the weather, but if the Mayor literally gave you a six figure check to move back home you would change the subject.

• infamous114infamous114 Down in Miami where it's warm in the winter. Posts: 28,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm incapable of giving a tenth of a fuck about Hockey or Soccer. I've tried with Soccer -- I really have.

But I just feel like the country I grew up in has too many freedoms, and my refrigerator has too much food in it for me to like soccer.

That shit is for lil skinny muhfuggas from 3rd world countries who can't even look their leaders in the eye without getting shot. lol

You wrong for that lol, soccer isn't for everybody, it's surpassed baseball as my 3rd favorite sport doe
    bigev240 wrote: »
    what type of nigga would i be rootin for USC in football, then fUCkLA in basketball? cant do it.

I agree with you on that. But over here you do see some weird pairings on college sport teams.

Werd. lol.

I mean, a nigga can like what he wanna like, but at least have valid reasons for teams you rep.

When a niggas says something like "I like their uniforms", I'm like....

will-farrell-Vomit.gif

Nah the woat shit is when you ask a nigga what's his NBA team and they say…

… I'm a Lebron/Kobe fan

That's some gay shit to me only females should say they like one nigga.If you not on my team I give 0 fucks about you.
    greenwood1921purpngoldBDBIID
    OU actually has a decent Baseball program, but I have no personal connection to them, and college baseball is just flat out boring to me.

The top 200 high school baseball players seem like they go straight to the Minor Leagues after high school, so College baseball is filled with a bunch of mid-tier players that weren't good enough to get a minor league deal, so that makes it even worse.
    allday1992 wrote: »
    bigev240 wrote: »
    what type of nigga would i be rootin for USC in football, then fUCkLA in basketball? cant do it.

I agree with you on that. But over here you do see some weird pairings on college sport teams.

Werd. lol.

I mean, a nigga can like what he wanna like, but at least have valid reasons for teams you rep.

When a niggas says something like "I like their uniforms", I'm like....

will-farrell-Vomit.gif

Nah the woat shit is when you ask a nigga what's his NBA team and they say…

… I'm a Lebron/Kobe fan

That's some gay shit to me only females should say they like one nigga.If you not on my team I give 0 fucks about you.

Werd. Wurd.... images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRth3WYPKnPUk7pS2AYMygIbp7IVW60NlPMO9cTw_VMjANGviXX9rV8ZvrfiA

Nothing wrong with having a favorite player on YOUR TEAM. But this stan shit is getting out of hand.

There is no justification for a grown man stanning a individual player that plays a TEAM sport. If you're a real fan, you've been a fan before that player came to that team, during, and AFTER that niggas is long gone, old, and gray, and broke.

Niggas are worse than them white girls rooting for American Idol contestants.

Exactly

Hell I was the biggest vick fan when he was with the falcons but the day he turned himself in I stopped giving a fuck

The day Ice retires or leaves the falcons is the day I move on to the next QB
  • Michael_MaliceMichael_Malice #YM Posts: 17,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't trust a man with 2 College Football teams.

I'm South Carolina everything. I don't even like Baseball but I love the school so much that I have become infatuated with it for the past few years. It also helps that we are pretty successful in baseball but even if we weren't I would still attend, watch and support. Our B-Ball team was fucking horrible last year but I went and supported 6 games when I could get up there. To include Women's. The B-Ball team is on the rise though with Frank Martin now at the helm. Look at out roster of coaches.

Football: Steve Spurrier
    Basketball: Frank Martin
    Baseball: Ray Tanner
    Women's B-Ball: Dawn Staley

That's pretty stout.

To me love for the school is supporting all teams regardless.
  • GetMoneyInDaN.O.GetMoneyInDaN.O. Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭✭
    @malice

According to Andy Staples of Sports Illustrated, the The Solid Verbal has listed the term “Clemsoning” in UrbanDictionary.com. “Clemsoning" is...

20120615-105802.jpg
  • Michael_MaliceMichael_Malice #YM Posts: 17,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @GetMoney

Clemsoning has been in my vocabulary ever since WV Clemsoned they ass at the Orange Bowl. Good looking out man.
    Real recognize real

536064.jpg
  • CottonCitySlimCottonCitySlim Posts: 5,071 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AAnd the bammers shall descend down upon athen with a mighty wrath
  • Chef_Taylor Chef_Taylor Houston.... 5-Star General Posts: 26,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol@clemsoning
    MobTown wrote: »
    AAnd the bammers shall descend down upon athen with a mighty wrath

Man you should've saw them after the interview he did yesterday

They were catching feelings left and right
  • CottonCitySlimCottonCitySlim Posts: 5,071 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea man they go into denial mode anytime any recruit especially a 5 star doesnt want to go to the mighty university of alabama to play with the great nick saban....
    Football season>>>>>>Anything else
    purpngold
  • GetMoneyInDaN.O.GetMoneyInDaN.O. Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    @ allday

This is rumored to be a wedding cake of a Georgia Tech fan...

Georgia-Tech-cake.jpg

Florida LB commit James Hearns tweeted Saturday that he was kicked out of a Florida State football camp for doing the “Gator Chomp.” Hearns committed to Florida on February 2, 2012 and received offers from Florida State, Alabama, Georgia, Georgia Tech, LSU, Miami (FL), Mississippi State, NC State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue, South Carolina, South Florida, Tennessee, Southern California, and Washington.

Hearns-Gator-Chomp.jpg
    edited June 2012
    That kid had damn near the whole sec recruiting him.
    Tech fans are a lil salty right now but I can't blame em tho.

If I got skulldragged by the same team 10 out of 11 years I would be mad too.
    Fuck. Just realized our season opener will be @ night. That's gay. Gotta wait like 10 hours later than everybody else to see my squad. Lame.

I don't give a fuck what nobody say, these prime-time non-bowl college games are wack. College Football was made for Saturday afternoons.

3:30 is the perfect time for CFB games

The only night games I like is when its two top 10 teams playing each other
    edited June 2012
    The Walk On Gawd is back to full speed already....

textd4.gif

Lawton stand up! lol.

Whaley back. Brennan Clay finally looking like the Cali blue chip he sposed to be in the spring game, and my boi Roy Finch got the most reps in the spring game.

And we got some youngsters trying to shine. Backfield lookin' right.

yeah-fuck-yeah.gif

edited June 2012
    Sittin here watching the full replay of the OU/FSU game on youtube and it dawned on me...

brent-musburger-1-sized.jpg

^^^^ This nigga is garbage.

Fuckin up names left and right, can't tell who's on the field. Calling touchdowns that are obviously not.

Bring Keith Jackson back...

Keith-Jackson.jpg

^^^^^ The Goat. I used to love how he said Oklahoma. "Touchdown - Oooooooo-kla-ho-ma!"

Props to Musberger for this swag tho...

musburgerfalcons.jpg

What happened to you, Brent?