List examples of how people set their kids up for failure in life

Replies

• Ind. basketball dad knocks coach unconscious because he forced daughter to run laps
    By Cameron Smith | Prep Rally – Fri, Mar 16, 2012 11:05 AM EDT

An Indiana father is facing serious charges after launching a brutal attack on his daughter's assistant middle school basketball coach for the coach's implementation of an incredibly simple and traditional practice: He made her run laps in the gym.

Michigan City basketball parent Shelley Miller — Michigan City PoliceMichigan City basketball parent Shelley Miller — Michigan City Police

As reported by South Bend-based TV network WSBT, Michigan City, Ind., basketball father Shelly Miller, aged 37, attacked Michigan City (Ind.) St. Stanislas School assistant middle school girls basketball coach Jeffrey Yackus shortly after one of the team's daily practice concluded.

According to WSBT, Yackus had punished Miller's daughter and another player who argued with each other during practice. Yet the only punishment that Yackus meted out was making the two girls run laps in the school's gym.

It appears that pushed the elder Miller over the edge. When he went to pick up his daughter later, she told the elder Miller about her punishment and he immediately attacked Yackus and punched him in the face.

That first punch apparently leveled the assistant coach, knocking him to the ground, where Miller climbed on top of him and repeatedly punched him in the face and head until he was completely unconscious.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/indiana-basketball-father-knocks-coach-unconscious-because-forced-150533694.html

DAD: I could teach her an invaluable lesson but meh, I need to work on my left hook.

Im done this world needs alot more Madeas somebody thats gonna whip the kids ass and the parents
  • Matt-Matt- Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    by having them join a country club. all those kids from back in the day whose parents were members of the country club are all either dead, drug addicts, or just complete failures.
  • DWODWO †‡§☻☺♥♦♣♠♂♀☼✔♋✎✄☯ツ ♛♛♛♛♛KING SHIT ♛♛♛♛♛Posts: 53,149 Regulator
    by not letting anyone help them with raising their kids...

like if a kid bad as shit, and break something and you say something to the kid and momma swops in on some

"don't say shit to my child i don't give a fuck what he did, you don't say shit to my child"

shit fucks the kid up in the long run.....cuz they're concept of consequences are fucked if the only person they worried about is their parents
    Anti_matterbootsy_jenkinspurpngoldmr.jamrock
  • hawk dhawk d Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
    KingJamal wrote: »
    hawk d wrote: »
    When you AND yo girl both work at fastfood joints on some career shit.......u setting your kids up for failure bro

Well if they both Manage Mcdonalds chains thats different lol

Nah nigga im talkin bout some "Meat seasoner/burger flipper/always put just enough fries in the box" of the year fast food employees lol
  • Mood IndigoMood Indigo Posts: 2,127
    edited April 2012
    Thinking that just providing a roof and food and clothes is all that's needed.
    Anti_matterWild Self
    not showing them affection,
    arguing with kids like they adults
    not rewarding them for accomplishments,

Wild Selfmr.jamrock
  • bigev240bigev240 Illpix O.G. Posts: 7,983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haul Judos wrote: »
    by not letting anyone help them with raising their kids...

like if a kid bad as shit, and break something and you say something to the kid and momma swops in on some

"don't say shit to my child i don't give a fuck what he did, you don't say shit to my child"

shit fucks the kid up in the long run.....cuz they're concept of consequences are fucked if the only person they worried about is their parents

When I was a kid my whole block would get you if you did something bad then they will tell your mom and pops and then they would get you. But the block is not the big family like it used to be.
    Anti_matter
  • caddo mancaddo man You cant @ me bro Posts: 15,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matt- wrote: »
    by having them join a country club. all those kids from back in the day whose parents were members of the country club are all either dead, drug addicts, or just complete failures.

I guess generational wealth has its down falls???????????
  • KingJamalKingJamal Posts: 20,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thinking that just providing a roof and food and clothes is all that's needed.

thats a good one MissL
    Mood Indigo
  • playmaker88playmaker88 You over did it holmes, you in the danger zone, you shouldn't be alone Posts: 53,401 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheltering the kids.

Gotta let them know there are winners and losers.

Everything is not candy apples and spongebob

Have to give them self identity There is no such thing as a colorblind/post racial society(In the same breath they can accept and appreciate others differences.

Not knowing your child.. and not holding them accountable. is a great way to set em up for failure also
    mr.jamrock
  • gorillagorilla Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NYCeeCee wrote: »
    gorilla wrote: »
    Keeping them away from their fathers

This is a good one. I will never understand a woman who does this. As long as he isn't harming the child, he should have as much access as he wants. Kids NEED their father.

/rant

God bless you
  • 313 wayz313 wayz Posts: 777 ✭✭✭✭
    Having the kids participate in events where they recieve rewards, trophies, certificates, etc when they did not accomplish something that warrants it. (Example: Everybody gets a trophy in a race, regardless of what place you came in) That makes the kid have a false sense of entitlement, plus when things dont go there way in the real world, they are gonna go out like a chump instead of manning the f*ck up and figure out how to get over it.
  • GodSpeed215GodSpeed215 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭
    Doing EVERYTHING for you and Spoiling

I know grown 20+ people that dont know how to Sweep smh forrealtho

This a good one
    Putting thier kids on medication (downers) at the doctors advice, a kid is gonna be hyper, you have to find a way for them to channel that energy into something constructive and positive
    gorillaDWObootsy_jenkins
  • In Your Moms RoomIn Your Moms Room Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Parents being in an abusive relationship. Both verbally and physically and doing it around the kid.
    gorillaWill Munnybootsy_jenkinspurpngold
  • gorillagorilla Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    313 wayz wrote: »
    Putting thier kids on medication (downers) at the doctors advice, a kid is gonna be hyper, you have to find a way for them to channel that energy into something constructive and positive

Salute. WTF is up with parents drugging their kids? It's some lazy ass parent and teachers out here listening to all this hype from an industry sittin back and gettin stanky rich off their dumbasses.
    bootsy_jenkinspurpngold
  • bgoatbgoat Posts: 3,488 ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you do when you have exhausted all options. My ex's son is bad as fuck, she has tried it all and it still don't work. She finally put him on meds, and that shit ain't working either. Maybe he is just going to be a lil terrorist.
  • 7figz7figz Ig'nant Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Telling your kids that everybody is their "uncle" and "cousin".

It's one thing when it's ya' boy you grew up with since you was like 3 and you be like "this person is like family" but when ya' kid grow up thinking everybody they relatives, things could get a lil' fucked up.
  • king hassanking hassan south side somewherePosts: 18,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always cussing your kids out. I mean dropping mf bombs on them.
    gorillaDWOpurpngold
    if you're a single parent having every person you fuck meet your kids......
    bootsy_jenkinspurpngoldWild Self
    bgoat wrote: »

What do you do when you have exhausted all options. My ex's son is bad as fuck, she has tried it all and it still don't work. She finally put him on meds, and that shit ain't working either. Maybe he is just going to be a lil terrorist.

I dont know what to tell you. Atleast you tried to exhaust all options. Have you tried conseling?
  • Will MunnyWill Munny I eat pussy on the 1st date. Posts: 24,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joe Jackson