Overeem tests positive..

major painmajor pain Posts: 9,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
Surprised this didnt happen sooner..

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Alistair-Overeem-Tests-Positive-for-Elevated-Testosterone-Must-Appear-Before-Nevada-Commission-41607

Alistair Overeem has tested positive for elevated levels of testosterone and must now appear before the Nevada Athletic Commission before he can be licensed to fight at UFC 146.

NAC Executive Director Keith Kizer emailed Sherdog.com the test results on Wednesday. The No. 1 contender for the UFC heavyweight title, Overeem is slated to take on champion Junior dos Santos on May 26 in Las Vegas. However, that booking now appears to be in jeopardy.

According to Kizer, Overeem’s testosterone to epitestosterone (T/E) ratio was greater than 10-to-1, exceeding the allowable 6-to-1 limit. Along with five other competitors, “The Demolition Man” was tested following a UFC 146 press conference in Las Vegas on March 27. Frank Mir, Roy Nelson, Antonio Silva, Cain Velasquez and Junior dos Santos all produced negative tests.

The surprise test marked the first of two randomly administered screens Overeem had been ordered to submit prior to his May 26 outing as per the terms of the conditional license he was granted to compete at UFC 141.

Overeem had been asked to submit a pre-fight urine sample prior to his Dec. 30 clash with Brock Lesnar, but he was unable to immediately comply due to his travel between the United States and the Netherlands. Days later, Overeem submitted a sample to an approved facility in the United Kingdom and was cleared to fight on the condition that he undergo additional testing after the bout. The Dutchman dominated Lesnar in the UFC 141 main event later that month, earning a first-round technical knockout to claim his stake as the No. 1 contender for dos Santos’ belt.

Replies

• peagle05peagle05 The People's Mod Posts: 25,041 Regulator
    dana pissed off
    In response to the news that UFC #1 contender Alistair Overeem tested positive for elevated levels of testosterone, UFC President Dana White issued the following comment during a conference call with the Canadian media:

“I am beyond pissed about this. I’m so (expletive) mad right now I can’t even begin…How (expletive) stupid do you have to be? Seriously dumb. Anybody who’s using (performance-enhancing drugs) right now is an absolute (expletive) moron. It’s beyond — what’s the word I’m looking for — it’s beyond belief. It’s beyond comprehension. You’re an absolute moron, a brain-dead absolute (expletive) dummy."
    kanggoodie
  • G MackG Mack Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And not a single fukk was given...
    dwade206NothingButTheTruth
  • Will MunnyWill Munny I eat pussy on the 1st date. Posts: 24,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I dont' think this should shock anyone.
    bankrupt ballerpeagle05kanggoodie
  • HypernovaHypernova Posts: 1,227
  • themadlionsfanthemadlionsfan Posts: 7,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn he just ruined that UFC ppv for 500 that were gonna buy it
  • Black_SamsonBlack_Samson I drive a fast car... Posts: 47,006 Regulator
    lol i wasn't gon buy that shit, all them HW on one card? nigga is you stupid?
    iKingGodGivBizbankrupt baller
  • 2stepz_ahead2stepz_ahead Who I am is Complex, What i am, simply put. I'm a Threat walking out the lions denPosts: 15,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that nigga is beyond huge....

he look like roy jones jr crazy lil brother
  • Will MunnyWill Munny I eat pussy on the 1st date. Posts: 24,501 ✭✭✭✭✭

casual fans love heavies though
    Will Munny wrote: »

casual fans love heavies though
    this is a stupid card. they were gonna waste that main event anyway...
    iKingGodGivBiz
  • dwade206dwade206 Posts: 8,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a fuckin shame. In that Youtube clip where Overeem said he eats about 8 times a day and eats horse meat to get big, I was hoping it was true. Now this shit happens!
    dwade206 wrote: »
    This is a fuckin shame. In that Youtube clip where Overeem said he eats about 8 times a day and eats horse meat to get big, I was hoping it was true. Now this shit happens!

you see all that muscle in his jaw, steroid users get that from just eating, especially genetic freaks like reem who build muscle fast anyway.
  • major painmajor pain Posts: 9,963 ✭✭✭✭✭

c'mon bruh...

you see all that muscle in his jaw, steroid users get that from just eating, especially genetic freaks like reem who build muscle fast anyway.

exactly.. anyone that has seen overeem over the last decade should be able to see he is or has juiced.. nigga went from tall and lean to hulk status.. im honestly surprised at how he's been able to maintain speed..
    alistair_overeem_timeline.jpg
    major pain wrote: »

c'mon bruh...

exactly.. anyone that has seen overeem over the last decade should be able to see he is or has juiced.. nigga went from tall and lean to hulk status.. im honestly surprised at how he's been able to maintain speed..

We all knew the nigga was on gear...
    We just aint expect him to get caught.

NSAC must not like revenue, cause they be fucking up some great fights. they coulda waited... shit...
    dick heads...
    This shit is still pissing me off. Forget about Strikeforce and UFC, but in the K1 tournament I'm starting to think Badr Hari would've beat his ass on both occasions during their matches if Reem wasn't on steroids.
    This shit is still pissing me off. Forget about Strikeforce and UFC, but in the K1 tournament I'm starting to think Badr Hari would've beat his ass on both occasions during their matches if Reem wasn't on steroids.

dude... it's K-1, Japan has no drug testing policy...

without the "horse meat" reem would still be 180-205 and the fights wouldn't have happened...

bonjansky survived the storm tho... why couldn't hari?

without the "horse meat" reem would still be 180-205 and the fights wouldn't have happened...

Hari did, but the first fight he lost. The second fight Hari scored a tko, but I think the fight was stopped prematurely. The point I'm making is, if Overeem wasn't juiced, he would've received a thorough beating in both fights.

Hari did, but the first fight he lost. The second fight Hari scored a tko, but I think the fight was stopped prematurely. The point I'm making is, if Overeem wasn't juiced, he would've received a thorough beating in both fights.

you know this!

he was getting the dog walked on him when he was au natural
    dwade206
  • kanggoodiekanggoodie Posts: 3,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so knowing this:: DO YALL THINK LESNAR COULDVE WON??? lol (serious question)
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    so knowing this:: DO YALL THINK LESNAR COULDVE WON??? lol (serious question)

hell no.
    cause either way, brock hates getting hit, he'll go fetal position if you paw at him....
    Brock is extremely overrated. Once you neutralize his brute strength and box him, he's defeated.
    Young-Ice
  • Meet The SniperMeet The Sniper Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    Welp.

Dana might as well unsuspend my nigga Nick Diaz then.
    Welp.

nick pissed hot AND missed consecutive press conferences...
    UFC 146: Alistair Overeem summoned to April 24 NSAC meeting; Junior dos Santos to defend title with or without Overeem

''No one expected the UFC to remove dos Santos from the card, and in fact a number of names have been popping up to face him in the days since Overeem's positive test was revealed. It appears the UFC may be allowing Overeem's issue to play out through this April 24 meeting, with a determination to be made on a replacement in the meantime.
  • Meet The SniperMeet The Sniper Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    Welp.

nick pissed hot AND missed consecutive press conferences...

Well for the latter....

It's what he does.
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 52,089 Regulator
    edited April 2012
    alistair_overeem_timeline.jpg

this nigga took the captain america serum
    Say Whatrage