The real reason people like "Wack" rappers , The answer is simpler than you think

MC The RapperMC The Rapper Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in AllHipHop.com Editorials
I The reason a person may like a wack rappers is because they have connected to that person at an emotional level. Now

think and really think about any rapper your really a fan of(own all they CDs,etc) and why you like them. This is also why

some fans go to any length to protect and defend some of these cats as well. So do you agree or disagree?
numbaz...80's babybirdcallavelijudahxuluOGClarenceBoddickerH-Rap 180almighty breezeDat1Dude7juan travoltaAristo_V300TheIraqIceBergTaylorTheKillerTruthGSonIIKINGECSionFaltizanblackbloc

Replies

• MC The RapperMC The Rapper Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or they just bang in the whip.

Notice how I said a fan of most of rappers shit that bangs in the whip you can get for free . I'm more so talking about the

13,000 people that would buy a soulja boy album or the 2000 people that brought Lil B album. Not freebie leech niggas that

just download everything I wouldn't even consider those people fans cause they don't support the artist.
    birdcallaveliTheKillerTruthedutained_by_hh
  • MC The RapperMC The Rapper Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or they don't think the artist is wack. People have different standards of what they look for in an artist.

What I'm trying say is skills don't really matter its about connecting to ya fans. Street Cred doesn't matter its about connecting to ya fans etc
    numbaz...80's babyTheKillerTruthidoitforhiphop10
  • themadlionsfanthemadlionsfan Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    naw....todays Pip Pop fans simply don know any better
    lions-650x406.jpg
    P. TownbirdcallaveliDat1Dude7bankrupt baller
  • yeah i rap so don't yeah i rap so don't Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are followers, add that with the conditioned, and directed to like this wack ass rap.
    How many dudes have you really shot
    you rely on muscle memory no wonder you forgot
    how stupid can you be,I'm world class,who you teaching ass
    you got broad shoulders prom queen, carry that
    your top five lists can not be taken seriously (naw)
    when the reaper takes them all seriously (yeah)
    you should have died as one of your moms cramps
    fuck around get your skull turned into boot camp (ha)
    I am not the one who you want to have bothered
    your mom water shouldn't have broke if Moses was your father (hungh)
    I just stepped out the nexus to answer who next is
    what perplexes me is you all know I'm sicker,you disagree
    you iller?, make your move Nomad (damn)
    I got better reflexes than Body Builders
    demolition man, is he stallone,snipes,or the reem
    all you self-centered clowns can't stop the dream (stupid)

The essence of my pubescence was stick to the lessons
    Keep the substance in the artwork solid,no need for stressin
    Shit, rap smoke and mirrors
    I aint dyin' off the second hand from the reflection of another man
    Not tryin' to hear who you think more clever, it whatever
    Dead at the same time, they toe-to-toe, neck-and-neck forever
    Dexterity is dexter, my pressure is impressing
    Buffalo Bill, but the victims doing the cross-dressing
    You nobodies get piled in the bathtub
    why you think it's called the rest room
    The brand is new, just call it a flesh-wound
    Word is born, who needs a flesh womb
    If I diss you, better just take that
    I coin phrases,Harvey Dent aint got the balls to flip that
    Sergeons need image awards if they save face
    Cave your chest in until Osama and Bruce Wayne could be roommates
    You gassed already, that's what happens when your hate unconditional
    Your favorite rappers is weak, but you virgins use to putting pussy on a pedestal
  • Ear2DaStEar2DaSt Posts: 9,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not so much wack but fake not everybody is cut out to be a true mc!
    Alot of people imulate skills but you can teach being real those are the ones cut out for da game!
    Dees other mcs even fake & wack ones can be successful becuase club hits da get radio play and videos is what alot of people look for becuase they are shallow fans they just wanna dance,laugh and jam to some bullsh_t once they got them with dat one hit shallow folks are sold!
    K.B. DA KIDNAPPA
    AKA
    THE RENAISSANCE ANTECEDENT K.B.
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Posts: 7,554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wack is subjective...
    tompetrez3OGClarenceBoddickerinfamous114idoitforhiphop10
  • Joker_De_La_LoverJoker_De_La_Lover PISTOL GRIP PUMP IN MY LAP AT ALL TIMES Working On My LowriderPosts: 42,622 Regulator
    People have different standards. Artists I think are wack;

Z-ro
    2 chainz
    Lil Wayne
    Drake
    Meek Millz
    Among others...

But these guys have fans who enjoy they music. Just the way the music works
    Fuck you, I'm a mod
    OGClarenceBoddickerFly society513idoitforhiphop10
  • P. TownP. Town Posts: 27,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wack is subjective...

This...because I think KRS-One is wack as fuck. I'm not wrong at all for thinking that way either
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    All this talk about y'all mamas being 30s and 40s kinda lowkey turning me on. I want to hit somebody mama off the IC real talk. I'm a fuck around and end up one of y'all niggas stepdad sitting around in a wife beater taking my frustrations with Jay Z out on y'all with a belt.
    OGClarenceBoddickerDisciplined InSightidoitforhiphop10_Menace_
  • a_lista_list Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont kno wat it is, but people just like wat they like.....most fans dont/cant seperate the rapper and the production all they care about is the final product.....I know that even if i think that someone is wack they are still capable of making a song that i mite like.....the group home was 2 of the wackest rappers ever imo but supastar was that shyt...like homey said people have different standards as well
    I can recall the days, juvenile crime pays
    14 years old, shorty from round way
    brick ass cold, still pump from night to day
    but why did my life have to be this way
    I rock Velour suits, flavors like mixed fruits
    my loot get recouped razors in my suit
    incase they try to troop me to the island
    I known to start whylin back in New York, my soldiers got the cash pilin
    peep this on some nose and teef shit
    so much drama, who the fuck knows who we got beef wit
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Posts: 15,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    of course i agree its the only reason grown men like @bcotton will worship and get sensitive when you diss lil waynes current state. He can relate to cross dressing and and being afraid to grow up and act your age like wayne so that is why he kisses his ass so much
    559833_448570031895809_125247706_n.jpg
    birdcallaveliDarthRozay
  • CeLLaR-DooRCeLLaR-DooR Posts: 17,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even think its a case of wack bein' subjective...Some folk just don't care about lyrics or flow...its not a definin' factor in rap's appeal to them...Good beat, catchy hook = enjoyable music
  • judahxulujudahxulu Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    anytime something is mass produced and sold in america you best believe its a team of grey boys formulating exactly how to emotionally manipulate you to buy worthless shit. that being said the t/s is on the money. yall like bullshit because u bee literally psychologically conditioned and coerced
    OGClarenceBoddickergenocidecutterDisciplined InSightinfamous114idoitforhiphop10
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Posts: 7,554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^Who you like nigga?
  • P. TownP. Town Posts: 27,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    judahxulu wrote: »
    anytime something is mass produced and sold in america you best believe its a team of grey boys formulating exactly how to emotionally manipulate you to buy worthless shit. that being said the t/s is on the money. yall like bullshit because u bee literally psychologically conditioned and coerced

Nigga shut up
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    All this talk about y'all mamas being 30s and 40s kinda lowkey turning me on. I want to hit somebody mama off the IC real talk. I'm a fuck around and end up one of y'all niggas stepdad sitting around in a wife beater taking my frustrations with Jay Z out on y'all with a belt.
    idoitforhiphop10
  • tompetrez3tompetrez3 Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the mindset of Jigga Warriors. Not one Jay Z fan on these boards can post up a post 2003 banger from him and if they do find one of his typical below average joints that hit they will argue about his money or him struggling to fuck his whore wife instead of the quality of music
    giphy.gif

a_listMeekMonizzLLLLLLe14StillFaggyAFalmighty breezeinfamous114idoitforhiphop10edutained_by_hh
  • OGClarenceBoddickerOGClarenceBoddicker 5 Star Stunna/The Most Offensive Poster In Hell/Inhale NiggaPosts: 4,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Simple, it's because they make good music.
    Somethin "good" rappers can't seem to do.
    Yall niggas act like dudes is sayin "damn that nigga trash, let me put this shit on cd".

Rappers that actually cant rap- lil b, silk the shocker, e-40, masta killa, RZA
    Rappers yall don't like, but actually can rap- lil wayne, Gucci mane(listen to any track from the so icey days and tell me he aint have one of them classic 80's ll cool j, run-dmc flows, the nigga was a true emcee), Boosie, Plies, basically any Southern or West coast rapper that get hate on the internet cuz niggas is too square to relate to.

Please stop all that mass produce shit, just because somethin has a certain sound and makes it to the radio don't mean its gon blow up, ask Maino and papoose.
    Your official feelings catcher of the IC for the 2013-2014 posting season.- Pat Summerall voice

"CHICKENS LIKE THE WING STOP....NIGGA TRIED TO KILL ME BUT I HAD THE THING COCKED...THEY THINK I KNOW THE VOOODOOO..HOW THEY KEEP SHOWIN MY GHOST ON THEY CHANNEL TOO"

"Det Duck gon have tuh come up outta hih fay"- Alley Boy

"These hoes love me like Satan, Aaannn haan"- Tunechi

"Blood love, nigga"- Birdman

"Yung Kee left me in a cold world, Ya killa locked up, So that mean I got ta kill his lil girl"- OG Boo Dirty

"How Tommy and them supposed to Tootsie Roll to this, Gina"- Martin

"Piss on Dusty!"- Ole Anderson

genocidecutteralmighty breezeyeah i rap so don't idoitforhiphop10
  • NothingButTheTruthNothingButTheTruth stew Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think one of the reasons people like wack rappers is because it allows them to have more confidence about becoming a rapper themselves. Imagine if every emcee was skilled on some WuTang, Biggie, Nas shit. None of these dudes would even try to become a rapper because they would know they ain't fucking with the pros.

But in today's game you have Drakes, J.Coles aka average dudes with no thought-provoking shit, so the average fan sees that shit and thinks, well shit if they can make it so can I ... and for the most part it's true.

It used to be only the talented bruthas got signed and recognized. It was the dudes who could flow like it was nothing, the guys who could write the old testament, the bruthas who could rock a mic and get the whole crowd hype.

Now it's just a pathway that rebellious and/or lazy dudes see as an alternative to school. They think, "Instead of school, I'm going to be a rapper," and because wack rappers get shine, they actually do have a valid chance of it happening.
    P. TownDisciplined InSightyeah i rap so don't Dat1Dude7MC The RapperHigh Revolutionarycobblandidoitforhiphop10
  • NothingButTheTruthNothingButTheTruth stew Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    I The reason a person may like a wack rappers is because they have connected to that person at an emotional level. Now

think and really think about any rapper your really a fan of(own all they CDs,etc) and why you like them. This is also why

some fans go to any length to protect and defend some of these cats as well. So do you agree or disagree?
    Or they just bang in the whip.

Cosign both of these. These are also valid reasons. I like some of Wacka's music because it sounds good *shrugs*.

Regarding what MC the rapper said, I saw a few clips of some Nicki interview and a David Banner interview, and they actually sounded like they knew something about something. I can easily see how some emotionally attached-individual would jump on the bandwagon and support the movement, but I see through all that shit. If you're wack, you're wack.

I would still never buy their album, I just see them as man and woman that stands for something now, rather than simply a wack femcee and an average at best emcee.
    idoitforhiphop10
  • H-Rap 180H-Rap 180 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People like music for different reasons, I don't listen to Death Metal or Goth but some people love it.

I think Bob Dylan is the worst singer to ever exist but some people say he is a legend.

So honestly I don't care what people enjoy listening to because everybody has different tastes.
    GOOD MUSIC
    #iTunes ❚ <>09/12 <>❚ #iTunes
    goodmusic_lead-590x380.jpeg
    Follow @BruthaDee @BruthaDee @BruthaDee @BruthaDee Follow

OGClarenceBoddickeridoitforhiphop10blackblocTrillaaaaaa
  • BenjaminEBenjaminE Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People come up listening to different things. Some people want to keep listening to similar things, and some people want to find something completely different. Some people want to fit in, some want to stand out. Some people have one standard for what makes a great artist, and others dig deeper... its subjective...
    Check out the album Circa 83.
    Learn more about Benjamin E's Circa 83 on his wordpress: b3njamin3.wordpress.com
    Contact Benjamin E on Gmail: benjaminecirca83@gmail.com
    Follow him at Twitter.com/ebenjaminm
  • poindexter2poindexter2 Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    its the production
    1779243_843468661949_2223212334890696667_n.jpg?oh=2596af3c79f9265458b3e1d004c623bf&oe=54E86424

tumblr_llqh75j50t1qbbb7uo1_500.gif
    tumblr_mcw99uvCbd1rv118l.gif
    P. Town
  • Disciplined InSightDisciplined InSight The Clairvoyant One.... Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The T/S is on point..depending on the artist (and the noose of the label they're signed to) they feel (or forced) to create music that'll adapt to the club, cars and females because they're the money makers. That's why you hear that shit 24/7 all over the radio.

Plus like everyone on here agrees, people have different tastes and gonna listen to what they want.

To be a real hood you need more than just a gun. You need ideas.

tumblr_m9zas2KcdZ1rnneano1_1280.gif
    genocidecutteridoitforhiphop10
  • Dat1Dude7Dat1Dude7 Posts: 448 ✭✭✭
    Gucci had a 80's LL Cool J flow?????????

I refuse to believe Gucci ever sounded like anything CLOSE to Rock The Bells
    2sa01up.jpg

"im Fred Hampton rappin" - RAW
  • juan travoltajuan travolta Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    or just maybe people have there preference. i think some people feel obligated to call rappers dope just because everyone else is.

if you don't like it call like it is. Ain't nothing wrong with liking gucci mane,waka, or any of these other not so lyrical rappers.