The I Watched Recently Thread *possible spoilers*

Replies

• king hassanking hassan south side somewherePosts: 21,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I re-watched "The Perfect Host" last night, funny and crazy at the same time
  • godoffungodoffun Ya momma housePosts: 87 ✭✭
    Currently watching the fist season of shield. Stop watching after at aired ep3 cause I had way too many shows to watch.
    313 wayz
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher E.L.E.: Everybody Love Everybody Arkham AsylumPosts: 46,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fistfightposter.jpg

Watched this over the weekend. It was decent. Was hoping for something funnier, but went in not expecting much. couple laugh out loud moments, the rest just brief chuckles. I would give it a 7/10. Worth the watch, but not full price admission.
    achewon87rip.dilla
  • marc123marc123 Posts: 13,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol @ "but not full price admission."
    achewon87KingFreeman
  • Elzo69RenaissanceElzo69Renaissance Never selling dreams, always serving cream SeattlePosts: 46,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    finally watched The Hustler yesterday......4 star movie

Please tell me you're talking about the original version with James Caan and not that Mark Wahlberg garbage.

never heard of this shit.....i meant the original
  • whatevathehellwhatevathehell Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    going to see get out this weekend. the reviews are pretty good. Surprised to see that Jordan peele from key and peele directed it. I thought it was going be some wack ass comedy but the review say otherwise.
  • Rampage12Rampage12 Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    huey wrote: »
    Rampage12 wrote: »

Please tell me you're talking about the original version with James Caan and not that Mark Wahlberg garbage.

you mean the joint with paul newman?

Yeah, I was thinking of The Gambler for some reason.

Make sure you watch The Color of Money also.
    hueyachewon87
  • hueyhuey Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    saw the new James Baldwin movie on Sunday. Was really good, everyone should see it. I never really knew much about the man, but im gonna do my research now
    fortyacresachewon87atribecalledgabi
  • AP21AP21 Posts: 14,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    saw the new James Baldwin movie on Sunday. Was really good, everyone should see it. I never really knew much about the man, but im gonna do my research now

where you saw it @huey?
  • hueyhuey Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AP21 wrote: »

where you saw it @huey?

Brooklyn
    achewon87
  • fortyacresfortyacres Posts: 1,805 Regulator
    5uvjwwe2pkpz.jpg

Watched Manchester by the Sea , it was cool Casey Affleck , The Kid and Coach Taylor did their thing. The tragedy is pretty gut wrenching though.

B+

but his performance aint really hit me like Denzel's.
    marc123achewon87atribecalledgabirip.dilla
  • whatevathehellwhatevathehell Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    going to see get out this weekend. the reviews are pretty good. Surprised to see that Jordan peele from key and peele directed it. I thought it was going be some wack ass comedy but the review say otherwise.

Okay movie ...critics overhyped it
    Lou_Cypher
    MV5BMzM2OTYwMTY4Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjU1Njg3OA@@._V1_SX214_.jpg

Been hearing good things about this over the years but never got round to checking it out, saw it on netflix last night and loved it, this film needs to be shown to kids in high schools to show them how drugs can be very dangerous to the mind, 10/10 from me.

Lil Jon sampled the theme music for "Throw It Up" also.

Been hearing good things about this over the years but never got round to checking it out, saw it on netflix last night and loved it, this film needs to be shown to kids in high schools to show them how drugs can be very dangerous to the mind, 10/10 from me.

ass to assssssssss
    rip.dillaLou_CypherbdbdbdQiv_Owan
  • 313 wayz313 wayz Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    godoffun wrote: »
    Currently watching the fist season of shield. Stop watching after at aired ep3 cause I had way too many shows to watch.

Binge watched that show several years ago.....that show was too raw......one of my favorite tv shows
  • playmaker88playmaker88 Boy, I tell you that's vision Like Tony Romo when he hitting Witten Posts: 64,812 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Shields greatness is boundless.. the Characters in this show were rich... Anthony Anderson, Glen Close and Forrest Whitaker had some great stints in this show
    313 wayztexas409
  • Qiv_OwanQiv_Owan Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fortyacres wrote: »

ass to assssssssss

For the kids tho lol

edited March 7
    infiltrator-banner.png

Good , Cartel vs DEA movie , Cranston and Leguizamo do their thing - 7/10

Kicks_poster.jpg

Cool ass coming of age tale - 7/10
    achewon87blue_london
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher E.L.E.: Everybody Love Everybody Arkham AsylumPosts: 46,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

Watched this on Netflix. GREAT fucking movie! 4.3/5! Movie is about 2 friends who reconnect after some years at a bar. Both are down on their luck. A wealthy man and his wife show up celebrating her birthday and dare these two to do stuff for money. It starts out as funny little pranks, but turns into some fucked up shit. Great movie highly recommend.
    achewon87
    Dont laugh, quit your job and go watch that shit
  • lamontbdclamontbdc 16th & UPosts: 18,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Shields greatness is boundless.. the Characters in this show were rich... Anthony Anderson, Glen Close and Forrest Whitaker had some great stints in this show

all 3 took the show to another level
    atribecalledgabi