What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

The I Watched Recently Thread *possible spoilers*

Replies

• atribecalledgabiatribecalledgabi DragonstonePosts: 13,707 Regulator
    MV5BMjA3MTAyNzUyNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDk4NzgwMDI@._V1_UY1200_CR85,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Wanted a lighthearted half hour show to put on while I do shit around the house...this is an anthology series about random ppl in Chicago and their relationships. Lotta familiar faces (van from the show Atlanta is one of the eps). It's hipster-y but it's a cute lil show.
    texas409lazypakman
  • aneed123aneed123 Posts: 23,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    watched Morgan.. go premise but they rushed and fucked it up
  • MaywoodMaywood Never Told On NobodyPosts: 1,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Halle Berry joint out now on Kodi called "Kidnap" decent 6.5 predictable but still worth watching imo
    Say No More
    blue_london
    edited May 22
    67d78014ff42bd52f79c1289b7b4fb17.jpg

synopsis: a white simp saving a crazy white bitch who didnt wanna be saved
    he pays for his sins at the end

Is this like black snake moan? @Already Home_17
    large_pksGBk7yJqSuQ2F47S9eoqbtjWt.jpg

The Neon Demon. Umm.....I liked the art and symbolism in it a lot, but there were things that were uncalled for.
    that necrophilia tho :s

Won't be watching it anytime soon or maybe ever again, but I enjoyed it. And it's way better than only God forgives.
    Lou_Cypher
  • rip.dillarip.dilla ... push up the fader... bust the meter... shake the tweeter Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ I'm sure you caught that on Netflix like I did. I watched it last Sunday but was doing other shit as well. I wasn't hooked on it. Cool visuals but shallow.

The director Nicolas Winding Refn is yet to surpass Drive and is losing momentum
    ... always immediately go for my boobs ... She feelin me up like "are those your nipples?" I'm like "don't touch there. my money is there." So she's running my hips and thighs ...
  • lazypakmanlazypakman when the real holds you down your supposed to drown right? Posts: 4,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    ^
    The director Nicolas Winding Refn is yet to surpass Drive and is losing momentum

Would possibly argue Bronson is his best film, but i should watch it again to reaffirm this.
  • rip.dillarip.dilla ... push up the fader... bust the meter... shake the tweeter Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lazypakman wrote: »
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    ^

Would possibly argue Bronson is his best film, but i should watch it again to reaffirm this.

I've seen both and I still think Drive is better. A lot of context and subtleties... an original action thriller with Hollywood actors
    ... always immediately go for my boobs ... She feelin me up like "are those your nipples?" I'm like "don't touch there. my money is there." So she's running my hips and thighs ...
  • trilladelictrilladelic Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get Me Roger Stone

Wow. Dude is an amazing complex piece of shit..
    pro smoke, pro choke, anti-broke, conservative liberal..
    Lou_Cypher
  • lord nemesislord nemesis You ever dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight? Posts: 11,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    XXX3

Was exactly what you'd expect it to be. Only saving grace was Donnie Yen's fighting
    hi-res-09ec771501771b47ab0d6a215438c456_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

• marc123marc123 Posts: 16,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 25

Season 3 of Casual dropped yesterday. This some white ppl shit lol. These niggas spent the 1st three eps getting over the death of their pops. The start is meh, but its cool. 1 of my favorite shows on TV
  • marc123marc123 Posts: 16,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 26
    brockmire_ver4.jpg

Jus finished Brockmire....not really lol funny. But solid watch. Looking forward to season 2
  • aneed123aneed123 Posts: 23,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watched hacksaw ridge. Good movie. Mel Gibson trying to come back
  • Qiv_OwanQiv_Owan Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Binge watched Atlanta

I would do it again too
    tumblr_m5ems1iw2F1qi26lwo1_500.gif
    rs_640x360-160619194524-game_of_thrones-battle_of_the_bastards-6_55_33_pm_-_6_55_37_pm-2016-06-19.gif
    Already Home_17Lou_Cypherrip.dillaJusDre313
  • BIGG WILLBIGG WILL Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭✭✭
    4cigzc12rzso.png

kodi was fucking off, so I watched this on prime. I liked it, was better than Annabelle.
    acv3md.jpg

2gse8vd.jpg
    Lou_Cypher
  • bdbdbdbdbdbd Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just watched Colossal online. Decent movie. I appreciate that they came up with somewhat of an original idea, could have been executed a lil better, but still, very enjoyable
    http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/531712/scumbag/p12

^^^^^^

The scumbag thread

Embrace the Scumshine
  • JusDre313JusDre313 ∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐ YEP........................ MEDICINAL!Posts: 4,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 1
    l5q11lg34rjb.jpg

ran across this the other day.. had to go d/l a blueray copy as i just had the original from when it first came out a decade ago..

man i forgot how much i loved this movie.. non stop action from the beginning to the end.. great performance by Paul Walker... so many dope moments in the film...the Russian kid pulling the heater out on everything moving, beef with the pimp, the russian dudes obsession with John Wayne. Paul walker relentless hunt through the night to get the gun back.. and my favorite part of the movie
    when the wife killed them pedophiles that kidnapped those kids though 8ci2wlpd8mf0.gif

great watch... very slept on flick. shout out to the homie Abraham from the walking dead, fam been in a bunch of shit. edit... my bad RIP Paul Walker
    rip.dillaatribecalledgabiAlready Home_17
  • lord nemesislord nemesis You ever dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight? Posts: 11,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 31
    Finally caught Doctor Strange. It was solid. Marvel movies still be having lame, uninteresting villains though.
    hi-res-09ec771501771b47ab0d6a215438c456_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

huey
  • Preach2TeachPreach2Teach I can't swim but my soul wont drown. Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MV5BMjU3YzkzNzItNjc5Mi00ZTg3LWFlYmYtYTc4OGYwODA3OTY5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODY0NzcxNw@@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Not the sort of film I would seek out but it was in the TV last night and it sucked me in, I really enjoyed it.
    tumblr_mkjxwejtaA1r6y219o1_500.gif
    rip.dilla
  • Already Home_17Already Home_17 Posts: 14,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BIGG WILL wrote: »
    4cigzc12rzso.png

kodi was fucking off, so I watched this on prime. I liked it, was better than Annabelle.

i saw this
    that little bitch wasn't playing
  • lazypakmanlazypakman when the real holds you down your supposed to drown right? Posts: 4,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personal shopper - 2.8/5
    Trainspotting 2 - 4.1/5
    Yojimbo - 4.3/5
    Lone wolf and cub - 4.5/5
    The void - 3.8/5
    Ip man 1-3
    Iron monkey - 3.9/5
    I am not your negro - 4.4/5
    The levelling - 3.3/5
    Prevenge - 3.6/5
    2 days in the valley - 3.9/5
    Headshot - 4.5/5
    The founder - 3.8/5
    Silence - 4/5
    John wick 2 - 4/5
    Free fire - 3.7/5
    Eyes wide shut - 3.8/5
    Bleed for this - 3.5/5
    Secret window - 3.3/5
    Colossal - 3.6/5
    Logan (noir version) - 4.6/5

atribecalledgabiLou_Cypherrip.dilla
    Baby's Day Out - saw this last week: just caught it on TV randomly. Still funny AF. Last time I saw it I was a teenager...

Desierto - entertaining laid back thriller centered around Mexican immigrants trying to enter the US and a redneck sniper who wants them dead... directed by the son of Mexican director Alfonso Cuaron

Hancock - on Netflix... brilliant first half. Lame second half. Will dropped the ball with this movie.

The Black Panthers: Vanguards Of The Revolution - brilliant documentary on the historical organisation and the gradual infiltration and destruction by the US government made me angry... highly recommended. Second time watching it on Netflix too

The Insider - a classic... the only Michael Mann film I hadn't watched in full since it's release in 1999: probably due to the subject matter. Scientist who works for tobacco multinational whistle blows the harm of smoking cigarettes to the media...

Best performance I've seen from Russell Crowe on film ever. He won an Oscar for The Gladiator instead a year later. Al Pacino is Al Pacino... 5 Stars
    lazypakmanLou_Cypherjee504
  • fortyacresfortyacres Posts: 4,235 Regulator
    jee504 wrote: »
    Anybody watch Game Of Thrones? I just finished season 3 and I'm fuckin angry about the red wedding. Is there any hope for any of the good characters? In a non spoiler way, does it get better? I hear season 4 is the best but it's hard to root for certain people knowing they might get killed. Like I'm legit angry. After I finished the last few episodes of season 3. I legit was pacing around devising my own plans to ride on them mofo'n Lannisters.

there is a whole thread since 2011 dedicated to game of thread cuz , do some searches

404_thanksobama.gif
    source.gif

• jee504jee504 Posts: 6,931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fortyacres wrote: »
    jee504 wrote: »
    Anybody watch Game Of Thrones? I just finished season 3 and I'm fuckin angry about the red wedding. Is there any hope for any of the good characters? In a non spoiler way, does it get better? I hear season 4 is the best but it's hard to root for certain people knowing they might get killed. Like I'm legit angry. After I finished the last few episodes of season 3. I legit was pacing around devising my own plans to ride on them mofo'n Lannisters.

there is a whole thread since 2011 dedicated to game of thread cuz , do some searches

Bruh I can't go in thread unless I catch up lol
    JusDre313KingFreemandasmooth1#1hiphopjunki3