What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

The I Watched Recently Thread *possible spoilers*

Replies

• AP21AP21 Posts: 16,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    AP21 wrote: »
    where you at @d.morgan, fyi, it was on AMC, got cancelled, and Netflix picked it up. Its not truly an netflix original

i mean, they wrote, directed and produced the final season but still

I just finished season 1. Never knew that it came on AMC.

brah...they had SOOOOO many people pissed at that ending b/c iirc, the show that its adopted from ended everything in the first season

let me know when you find out who killed Rosie lol

You a asshole for this post!!!!

how lol

brah, thats the whole premise of the show

keyart-560.jpg
    MaywoodHundredEyes
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Not even on social media BUT.... I'M SWAGGIN SO HARD I FUCKED THE GRAM UPPosts: 10,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    where you at @d.morgan, fyi, it was on AMC, got cancelled, and Netflix picked it up. Its not truly an netflix original

brah...they had SOOOOO many people pissed at that ending b/c iirc, the show that its adopted from ended everything in the first season

how lol

keyart-560.jpg

I get and know that but your post was like everybody was mad at the finale.

Then you finished that shit off with a "let me know when you find out who killed Rosie, lol."

Like the ending of the show is a fucking cliffhanger and we the viewers never find out who killed Rosie.

Now if that wasn't what you were saying/doing then I take that statement back but if you let me know I never find out who killed Rosie you a asshole for that.

Let me be mad at that bullshit ending without expecting that bullshit ending.

That way I could come in here post a venting post and you could laugh at me for it!

Then we could discuss the bullshit that happened.

Now I'm possibly gonna watch 3 more seasons just to have a bullshit ending that I'm now expecting.

so-you-can-justify-your-fear-of-all-muslims-because-13552115.png
    ui0cXEZO9B942C0C9zdV0mZbrfnJkR8jgEiVo_neMrk.gif?w=320&s=dfba6d9b7859acd7de58df24940fed79

AP21KingFreemanHundredEyes
  • lazypakmanlazypakman when the real holds you down your supposed to drown right? Posts: 4,782 ✭✭✭✭✭

how lol

keyart-560.jpg

Then you finished that shit off with a "let me know when you find out who killed Rosie, lol."

Like the ending of the show is a fucking cliffhanger and we the viewers never find out who killed Rosie.

Now if that wasn't what you were saying/doing then I take that statement back but if you let me know I never find out who killed Rosie you a asshole for that.

That way I could come in here post a venting post and you could laugh at me for it!

Now I'm possibly gonna watch 3 more seasons just to have a bullshit ending that I'm now expecting.

Chill man lol, you find out at the end of season 2, they did drag the shit out though....i guess that's more what people were complaining about.

Cool show, made me a fan of Joel Kinnaman.
    AP21KingFreeman
  • marc123marc123 Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ppl were mad cuz amc FULLY sold the show on the premise that they were gonna reveal who was the killer at the end of season 1. BUT it was all bs. season 1 ends with a cliffhanger.
    AP21
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Not even on social media BUT.... I'M SWAGGIN SO HARD I FUCKED THE GRAM UPPosts: 10,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lazypakman wrote: »

how lol

keyart-560.jpg

Chill man lol, you find out at the end of season 2, they did drag the shit out though....i guess that's more what people were complaining about.

Cool show, made me a fan of Joel Kinnaman.
    marc123 wrote: »
    ppl were mad cuz amc FULLY sold the show on the premise that they were gonna reveal who was the killer at the end of season 1. BUT it was all bs. season 1 ends with a cliffhanger.

OH OK
    @AP21
    I stand corrected you sir are a gentleman and a scholar!!!
    ui0cXEZO9B942C0C9zdV0mZbrfnJkR8jgEiVo_neMrk.gif?w=320&s=dfba6d9b7859acd7de58df24940fed79

AP21HundredEyes
  • AP21AP21 Posts: 16,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yea morgan lol

my fault tho...i thought you knew what the show was about, but thats why i said the dutch version they got the show from ended everything in one season

btw. Season 3 is right behind season 1 in terms of story. Season 3 was the one netflix did and its something completely different from seasons 1 & 2
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 50,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Director Matt Reeves is lined up for the upcoming batman films. I never seen any of his film myself, but ive heard great things about him. Decided to check out Rise of The Planet of The Apes (not directed by reeves, but he did the sequel) and Dawn of The Planet of the Apes. Both of them were great flicks. Cant believe i slept on them for so long. Im hype for War of The Planet of the apes now!
    rip.dilla
    yea morgan lol

my fault tho...i thought you knew what the show was about, but thats why i said the dutch version they got the show from ended everything in one season

btw. Season 3 is right behind season 1 in terms of story. Season 3 was the one netflix did and its something completely different from seasons 1 & 2

I know what the show is about just misinterpreted what you wrote is all.

That's different, hope in a good way though

AP21
  • lord nemesislord nemesis You ever dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight? Posts: 11,443 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caught this horror flick called The Void on Netflix. It was good. Had the vibe of an 80s adaption of a HP Lovecraft story.
    hi-res-09ec771501771b47ab0d6a215438c456_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

• lazypakmanlazypakman when the real holds you down your supposed to drown right? Posts: 4,782 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 15
    Caught this horror flick called The Void on Netflix. It was good. Had the vibe of an 80s adaption of a HP Lovecraft story.

Yeah i fucked with it as well.That doctor was a mega levelled up boss.

The last 20 mins turned into the kind of shit i used to watch when i was a kid horror wise.
  • chgarcia345chgarcia345 Posts: 480 ✭✭✭✭
    dn3sag41qe24.jpg
    Indie bay area film..
    No famous actors in it but surprisingly the actors in it held their own and has no Hollywood narrative imo.. highly recommend
    I can upload to depositfiles if ppl curious
    Maywood
  • Qiv_OwanQiv_Owan Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^^Ima check that one out
    tumblr_m5ems1iw2F1qi26lwo1_500.gif
    rs_640x360-160619194524-game_of_thrones-battle_of_the_bastards-6_55_33_pm_-_6_55_37_pm-2016-06-19.gif
    edited July 18
    59dfef0a2da5f728564eded969e6f63c-animal-kingdom-season-2.jpg

Jus got caught up w season 2 of animal kingdom. TBH this is a guilty pleasure for me lol. This rich white cali surfer crime family. Show is jus sex, drugs, heists, family drama and hints of mother/son incest stuff (yea). Its mindless, but a fun watch. The heists are cool tho. Best part are the characters tho, all the sons are fucked. They all got serious issues. And the mother is a controlling piece of shit. The only normal one is the grandson, and his mother od'ed right in front of him in the very 1st ep. smh.

Anyone else watchin season 2? Imo s2 >>>>>> s1 so far. 6 eps in.
    edited July 18
    Episode 2 of American Gods...

impressed.gif

1st ep was okay imo. Tho I was alil lost. Everything becomes clear by the end of ep 2. Gone rewatch. Purposely not binging this, so i can let each episode settle in. Avoiding the official thread for fear of spoilers.
    KingFreeman
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 50,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol I just binged the new show on netflix Called "friends from college" starring keegan Michael key, fred savage, and some other folks. The show was labeled as a rom-com, but I caught the first couple episodes at my parents house yesterday then came home and finished it lol. Once I started it I couldn't stop watching, the show has really good writing.

Plot is about a group of friends who all went to school together. They are in their 40s and in their own relationships. 2 of the core group are married and have been for some time, bUT the guy in the marriage has been having a secret affair for 20 years with one of the other girls in the group. They try to keep their affair secret and also continue with their own families and it all leads up to a big ending.

The show is drama but it's also funny as hell. Lots of good cameos, seth rogens was probably the best. Show is created and directed by Nicholas stoller
    atribecalledgabiKingFreemanHundredEyes
  • Elzo69RenaissanceElzo69Renaissance Never selling dreams, always serving cream SeattlePosts: 49,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    finally watched Soul food....shit was comedy
    As I look back over a misspent life, I find myself more and more convinced that I had more fun posting on the IC than in any other enterprise. It is really the life of kings.

edited July 18
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Lol I just binged the new show on netflix Called "friends from college" starring keegan Michael key, fred savage, and some other folks. The show was labeled as a rom-com, but I caught the first couple episodes at my parents house yesterday then came home and finished it lol. Once I started it I couldn't stop watching, the show has really good writing.

Plot is about a group of friends who all went to school together. They are in their 40s and in their own relationships. 2 of the core group are married and have been for some time, bUT the guy in the marriage has been having a secret affair for 20 years with one of the other girls in the group. They try to keep their affair secret and also continue with their own families and it all leads up to a big ending.

The show is drama but it's also funny as hell. Lots of good cameos, seth rogens was probably the best. Show is created and directed by Nicholas stoller

i watched the 1st ep. was meh imo and kinda corny. and the reviews so far have been pretty bad.

i'll finish it now tho. to see what this ending is about.

Jus got caught up w season 2 of animal kingdom. TBH this is a guilty pleasure for me lol. This rich white cali surfer crime family. Show is jus sex, drugs, heists, family drama and hints of mother/son incest stuff (yea). Its mindless, but a fun watch. The heists are cool tho. Best part are the characters tho, all the sons are fucked. They all got serious issues. And the mother is a controlling piece of shit. The only normal one is the grandson, and his mother od'ed right in front of him in the very 1st ep. smh.

I watch this show like it a lot.

J needs to know better than to fuck with his old freak ass girlfriend again but the shit seems like its gonna happen.

edited July 18

J needs to know better than to fuck with his old freak ass girlfriend again but the shit seems like its gonna happen.

lol. that broad is like a house pet. she jus walking round the house lookin sad ready to smash anyone who gives her alil attention.

The older bro, who is smashin the church lady is a tickin time bomb. He's crazy. he's gonna snap at any moment

lol. that broad is like a house pet. she jus walking round the house lookin sad ready to smash anyone who gives her alil attention.

The older bro, who is smashin the church lady is a tickin time bomb. He's crazy. he's gonna snap at any moment

That lil bitch is a walking cum dumpster.

He craziest one of them all. He damn near like an attack dog. You see how the mother got him to kill Baz girl who used to be his girl before he went to prison.

He craziest one of them all. He damn near like an attack dog. You see how the mother got him to kill Baz girl who used to be his girl before he went to prison.

yea. him killing that broad was crazy. then he toke the lil daughter w/ him when he buried her. I was like WTF. nigga tokethat lil girl on a midnite field trip to bury her mother. that's cold as ice. lol...then she keeps sending lil hints to the other bro (girls father). about him being a dead beat. lol

all those kids are fucked
  • KingFreemanKingFreeman Way UpPosts: 13,334 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good drop. Writing was on point and the cast had good chemistry. Felt like they really were friends for 20 plus years.

Kind of messed up I didn't feel bad for Lisa until she did ethan the way he did her. Like ethan and samantha really ain't shit for doing that so long. As crew, squad, label that group of friends as a whole ain't shit. Lol. I'm assuming this is just one season can't see where it could really go from where it was left. But it's a good watch.

Never smash the homegirl if you wifing one of the other homegirls.
    TURBOZONE-BEST-SIG-EVER-50.gif
    nwfyah.jpg
    Lou_Cypheraf.r.i.c.a.

yea. him killing that broad was crazy. then he toke the lil daughter w/ him when he buried her. I was like WTF. nigga tokethat lil girl on a midnite field trip to bury her mother. that's cold as ice. lol...then she keeps sending lil hints to the other bro (girls father). about him being a dead beat. lol

all those kids are fucked

Exactly they are all fucked up in one way or another. J still has a chance cause he still young but he kind of getting too caught up in the shit.

Now his dna about to be in the system so he better hope he never catches a felony where by law the automatically taking a dna sample to run through the database cause he fucked then.

marc123

Good drop. Writing was on point and the cast had good chemistry. Felt like they really were friends for 20 plus years.

Kind of messed up I didn't feel bad for Lisa until she did ethan the way he did her. Like ethan and samantha really ain't shit for doing that so long. As crew, squad, label that group of friends as a whole ain't shit. Lol. I'm assuming this is just one season can't see where it could really go from where it was left. But it's a good watch.

Never smash the homegirl if you wifing one of the other homegirls.

Lol i hope they do season 2!! They cant end it there! I need to see that chicks face when it comes to light about Ethan and Samantha fucking the Entire time she was married to him.

When Ethan and Fred Savage character were playing tennis and doing those grunts everytime they hit the ball I was in tears

Then Ethan's voice would get higher and higher, then after chick complains he just bounced the ball on his racket going "Aye, aye, aye, aye"
    KingFreeman