What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

The I Watched Recently Thread *possible spoilers*

Replies

• atribecalledgabiatribecalledgabi DragonstonePosts: 14,020 Regulator
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Geralds-Game-poster-620.jpg

This stephen king adaption on Netflix.

One of the better films based off of a King novel. Especially in this decade. Worth the watch! Dont wanna give too much away, but bitch goes crazy but finds herself. I wanna check out the book now.

I was on the fence about this movie. I'll give it a watch now
  • KingFreemanKingFreeman Way UpPosts: 13,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MV5BMTc4OTczNjgwMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDgxMjAwNzE@._V1_UY1200_CR89,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Just finished this on netflix. Great doc. It showed why the organization was successful and why it got destroyed. Crazy how literally nothing changed from them to now.

When it got to the fred hampton part I couldn't help but she'd a few tears. That dude was 20 and had the forethought to unite whites, asians, latinos, the church, and any other groups that wanted their own independence. Can't even imagine what coulda been. Fuck the FBI, j faggot hoover, and reagan.

Also I didn't realize how many non black people were with the shits back then. Damn near every rally they showed footage of had hella white people out there. They had fundraisers at Jane Fonda's house and Marlon brando spoke at a rally. Kinda sad we will probly never see that kinda unity again.

Good look. Imma check for it.
    TURBOZONE-BEST-SIG-EVER-50.gif
    nwfyah.jpg
    marc123JusDre313
  • rip.dillarip.dilla ... push up the fader... bust the meter... shake the tweeter Posts: 17,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah @atribecalledgabi that Panther doc had me extremely in my feelings. I've watched it twice now

America is an inherently racist country...
    ... always immediately go for my boobs ... She feelin me up like "are those your nipples?" I'm like "don't touch there. my money is there." So she's running my hips and thighs ...

Westie wrote: »
    Lol what is cunting?

Lol i like it. I am cunting.

MistyKnight
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Yeah @atribecalledgabi that Panther doc had me extremely in my feelings. I've watched it twice now

Maaaan...that fred hampton part had me seriously rethinking my views on dealing with other races. I looked up some of his speeches on yt after watching the doc and he was so ahead of his time. He wanted to establish an educational program that prospective members had to go through in order to be allowed in the party. Cuz if ppl coming in with their own agendas even blacks could be tyrants...which is exactly what happened with huey and eldridge. Watching that had me shedding tears again. That brotha was special and everybody knew it.
    rip.dilla#1hiphopjunki3king hassanGo figure
  • BIGG WILLBIGG WILL Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watched Wind River the other night. Pretty good. GOAT shootout scene too.
    acv3md.jpg

2gse8vd.jpg
    fortyacres
  • BIGG WILLBIGG WILL Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Geralds-Game-poster-620.jpg

This stephen king adaption on Netflix.

One of the better films based off of a King novel. Especially in this decade. Worth the watch! Dont wanna give too much away, but bitch goes crazy but finds herself. I wanna check out the book now.

Finishing up now. King is a Master of playing games with peoples head. Cool flick.

And home girl titties was looking damn good chained to that bed.
    acv3md.jpg

2gse8vd.jpg
    Lou_Cypher313 wayz
  • rip.dillarip.dilla ... push up the fader... bust the meter... shake the tweeter Posts: 17,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heartburn - directed by the late Mike Nichols and Stars Jack Nicholson and Meryl Streep as a middle class newly wed couple going through the 'lot'. Released in 1986.

Allied - WWII drama starring Brad Pitt and Marion Cotillard as intelligence operatives working for both sides (alliance and the Nazis). Was cool especially the period aesthetics

Hard Eight - first feature from Paul Thomas Anderson and Stars John C. Reilly and Sam Jackson as hustlers in Vegas with Philip Baker Hall as the main protagonist: a fixer so to speak. Very laid back thriller

By The Sea - before I watched this I read it was awful... still watched out of curiosity and the critics were right. Even though it starred Pitt and Jolie as husband and wife the plot was atrocious and the acting even as a real life couple was cringe worthy. Only good thing about this film was the French seaside on display...

Bridge Of Spies - Spielberg Cold War thriller starring Tom Hanks as an insurance lawyer hired by the US government to negotiate the exchange of spies between the US on one hand and the old Soviet Republic alongside communist Germany. Interesting if you're a history buff...

I saw both Blade Runner movies over the weekend too...

I've probably seen more films than those posted but my memory be mush anytime I'm in this thread. LOL
    ... always immediately go for my boobs ... She feelin me up like "are those your nipples?" I'm like "don't touch there. my money is there." So she's running my hips and thighs ...

Lol what is cunting?

atribecalledgabiachewon87
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Not even on social media BUT.... I'M SWAGGIN SO HARD I FUCKED THE GRAM UPPosts: 11,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was that Don Cheadle movie about Miles Davis any good?
    so-you-can-justify-your-fear-of-all-muslims-because-13552115.png
    ui0cXEZO9B942C0C9zdV0mZbrfnJkR8jgEiVo_neMrk.gif?w=320&s=dfba6d9b7859acd7de58df24940fed79
    the-real-rick-ross-ain-t-a-rapper.american-apparel-unisex-fitted-tee.white.w760h760.jpg

rip.dillaI Self Lord & Master
    edited October 12
    D. Morgan wrote: »

Brilliant but it's not based fully on real events...

Not your standard biopic so to speak...

Lol what is cunting?

I Self Lord & Masteratribecalledgabi
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Not even on social media BUT.... I'M SWAGGIN SO HARD I FUCKED THE GRAM UPPosts: 11,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool, that is good to know going in.
    ui0cXEZO9B942C0C9zdV0mZbrfnJkR8jgEiVo_neMrk.gif?w=320&s=dfba6d9b7859acd7de58df24940fed79
    the-real-rick-ross-ain-t-a-rapper.american-apparel-unisex-fitted-tee.white.w760h760.jpg

• Preach2TeachPreach2Teach I can't swim but my soul wont drown. Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    About to check out The Hitmans Bodyguard.
    tumblr_mkjxwejtaA1r6y219o1_500.gif
  • Lou_CypherLou_Cypher Make Reasonable Choices. H. E. Double Hockey SticksPosts: 52,388 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need to check out baby driver and the hitmans bodyguard ASAP. Love Edgar Wright Films and that hitmans body guard looked good af.
  • marc123marc123 Posts: 16,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    War for the Planet of the Apes...movie was dope af. Hope they make more
    Lou_CypherGo figure
    I watched Gerald's Game last night.

Didn't like that shit. It had a spark when it first started then fell off a cliff.

atribecalledgabi
  • Preach2TeachPreach2Teach I can't swim but my soul wont drown. Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah The Hitmans Bodyguard was great, Sam Jackson killed it.
    tumblr_mkjxwejtaA1r6y219o1_500.gif
    Lou_Cypheraneed123
  • Trollio Trollio Trollololololololololol Posts: 25,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy death day

Saw the swerve coming
    The Hacker. Top Cat. Tex. Wishbone Jones. George Costanza.
  • #1hiphopjunki3#1hiphopjunki3 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm a big Cheadle fan and love Miles Davis..........

I didn't care much for the movie and I bought it when it came out in stores. I've watched it twice and Its just so hard for me to sit through.
    The Ladykillers - Coen Brothers comedy starring Tom Hanks... a remake of an old film. Not one of their classics

John Carpenter's Escape From LA - starring Kurt Russell as 'Snake' sequel to 'Escape From New York'...

Chinatown - Neo noir detective thriller from Roman Polanski starring Jack Nicholson in the lead role. My first time watching it fully... highly entertaining and classy for its time

The Straight Story - low key drama directed by David Lynch about an old man who goes on a cross country trip on a small tractor to find his brother: both of them WWII vets

Reasonable Doubt - Chicago based thriller starring Dominic Cooper and Sam Jackson

Lol what is cunting?

achewon87
    It's Black History Month here in the UK and Sky Cinema have a couple films out I saw over the weekend:

The Birth Of A Nation - Nat Parker's first foray as a filmmaker and he didn't disappoint. I know the movie was low budget but he made a brilliant film with the resources at his disposal... 4/5
    i6f79oo3syrt.jpg

Fences - great film. I was transfixed by it. So painful to watch and it was raw AF. I know Denzel is a force but he brought out one of his best performances IMO ever on screen in this film. Dude is a natural. Like he don't even act in front of a camera ... Viola Davis? Lawd ... 5/5

Girls Trip - I was surprised this was still on at the local cinema... I saw it with my sis last Saturday. Fuckin riotous and hilarious. Which other film will you see four middle aged Black women having mad fun and disturbing the peace? The Essence Festival in NO as a backdrop celebrating Black culture (music) was dope..

Tiffany Haddish is a breath of fresh air amongst female comedians of any race. She was the MVP.. 4/5

Glad I paid to see it

Lol what is cunting?

atribecalledgabiachewon87#1hiphopjunki3MistyKnight
  • marc123marc123 Posts: 16,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 18
    51NiF0vfJOL._SX940_.jpg

Jus binged S1 of Red Oaks. I dig this show. Its not lol funny, but its solid. More of a drama/comedy. Its a coming of age story about a couple kids at a summer country club in the 80s. Fun watch, homie be bagging some bad broads lol. Real good cast, nice 80s touch n the soundtrack is goat

@Lou_Cypher
  • king hassanking hassan south side somewherePosts: 22,720 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maaaan...that fred hampton part had me seriously rethinking my views on dealing with other races. I looked up some of his speeches on yt after watching the doc and he was so ahead of his time. He wanted to establish an educational program that prospective members had to go through in order to be allowed in the party. Cuz if ppl coming in with their own agendas even blacks could be tyrants...which is exactly what happened with huey and eldridge. Watching that had me shedding tears again. That brotha was special and everybody knew it.

They tried to name a street here in Chicago after him but they shot it down. His son still doing it tho. He was from over in Maywood
    atribecalledgabi#1hiphopjunki3Maywood

They tried to name a street here in Chicago after him but they shot it down. His son still doing it tho. He was from over in Maywood

Is that the son his girl was pregnant with when he got killed?